NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking hell what a game, that certainly gets you going nice and early on a Sunday!

Also, hahahah suck it Rodgers

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Jimmy G saying “feck the Packers” live after he got bailed out by his ST, D and Deebo is pure gold :lol: These Niners man… if only McVay had killed them off in Week 18. I’d like them to win it for Kittle alone though, and they have a lot of likeable players.

Mike Smalling

Just need the Bills to take care of the Kansas City Queefs and I would be fine with any of the remaining teams winning the Super Bowl (although preferably not the Rams).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Now there’s no obstacles to Denver getting a coach into the building, though if the news of the surprising dark horse are true Hackett may not actually be 2nd favorite.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’m truly baffled by the result.

I thought ok, sure Jimmy G might have a good game and the 49ers run would pop off for 300 yards and they could control time of possession and the GB offence might not go full flow. And in that unique set of scenarios they might just sneak it.

But to lose to a 49ers team who only put up 13 points? That’s just unbelievable.

Everyone will talk about how crap GBs special teams is - and it’s true. But why was this offence so crap? Another easy excuse for Rodgers. Before it was the D. Now ST. When is it his fault? It’s criminal that this team only got into FG range twice and scored 1 TD. Blame play calling and credit the 49ers defence. But sometimes your superstar QB just has to drag you out of games like this. Rodgers doesn’t do that nearly enough. A couple times you can give them the benefit of the doubt. But, this story is now just all too consistent in Green Bay. And it can’t always be McCarthy, bad play calling, bad defence, bad special teams, great opposition defence …

Thinking to all those close games with the Browns and Ravens etc. Especially the Browns game where for some reason Rodgers was getting plaudits for winning a tight game. What i saw was an underperforming offence which is why it stayed close. And that’s what happened in this game but instead they game out the wrong side of the result this time.

They gotta blow it up in GB, surely?

RoadTrip

Jimmy G saying “feck the Packers” live after he got bailed out by his ST, D and Deebo is pure gold :lol: These Niners man… if only McVay had killed them off in Week 18. I’d like them to win it for Kittle alone though, and they have a lot of likeable players.
I’m gonna be awkward here and say 49ers would have gotten a TD early when Jimmy threw a dime over the middle to Kittle who had nothing but icy green in front of him - but Kittle dropped it. Their receivers also had a few other drops early.

And, when it really counted, he delivered accurate passes on that final drive.

We all know he’s bang average. And we all know he will make at least one stupid mistake. But all I’m saying is when it counted the most he did what he needed to. There is something to be said for a QB who can do that. Especially when Rodgers for all his brilliance can’t seem to drag his team through tough tight play off games like this. It’s a consistent trend for many many years now. So that quality, in a way, shouldn’t be underestimated.

Having said that I wouldn’t want him near my team ever :lol:, thankfully we got rid.

Mike Smalling

We all know he’s bang average. And we all know he will make at least one stupid mistake. But all I’m saying is when it counted the most he did what he needed to. There is something to be said for a QB who can do that. Especially when Rodgers for all his brilliance can’t seem to drag his team through tough tight play off games like this. It’s a consistent trend for many many years now. So that quality, in a way, shouldn’t be underestimated.
100%. Coming through when it matters is what makes a QB truly elite. Rodgers just needed to put together a drive to get in field goal range to win the game. He's at home with a stacked offense - you would think it would be possible. Rodgers is now 7-9 in the playoffs since his Super Bowl win, and 0-4 in NFC Championship games. Even with all the issues they have had on D and ST it's an awful record.

Yesterday you might say that the ST lost them the game, but Rodgers and the offense had plenty of opportunities to win it and didn't do it.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Yeeeees! Yeeeeeeeeesssss!! Jimmy G’s meme creators looking forward to another big pay day. Go niners go!

RoadTrip

Yesterday you might say that the ST lost them the game, but Rodgers and the offense had plenty of opportunities to win it and didn't do it.
Definitely. You know, if the offence played well and the 49ers had a super game on offence, and you lose by 3 - then yes you can pin it on ST because your O did what they had to do. But the 49ers didn’t. And so whilst yes the ST fudged it, it’s not like the O didn’t have opportunities to score. 3 points on 9 drives. At home.

But another way:
49ers O played poorly, but we didn’t expect them to excel. They probably played slightly worse than that.
49ers D had a great game but was partly expected.
Packers D had a great game but was partly expected.
ST on 49ers did what they needed to.
ST on Packers flopped and cost points, but was expected as they have all season.

The only unit cross both teams that really underperformed significantly vs expectations was the Packers offence. Some of that credit goes to the 49ers D. Some goes to bad play calling. But some has to also go to Rodgers

Mike Smalling

So with both firsties gone, teams in both games today are not only playing to get in the Championship game, but also to host it.
The remaining Divisional Round games look like the de facto AFC and NFC Championship games. Rams or Bucs would be major favorites to beat the 49'ers at home, when Jimmy G is their QB. And Bills/Chiefs would also be solid favorites against the Bengals, given that their O-line is made of wet cardboard.

RoadTrip

The remaining Divisional Round games look like the de facto AFC and NFC Championship games. Rams or Bucs would be major favorites to beat the 49'ers at home, when Jimmy G is their QB. And Bills/Chiefs would also be solid favorites against the Bengals, given that their O-line is made of wet cardboard.
Bills Chiefs definitely should be favourites vs Bengals.
The NFC is a bit more curious. The 49ers have the number of the Rams. You’d expect the Bucs to win because they match up nicely.

But after yesterdays games I refuse to believe anything is a given.

Mike Smalling

Bills Chiefs definitely should be favourites vs Bengals.
The NFC is a bit more curious. The 49ers have the number of the Rams. You’d expect the Bucs to win because they match up nicely.

But after yesterdays games I refuse to believe anything is a given.
Yeah, that's of course the beauty of the NFL. So many small things can happen to change the fortunes of a team. The status of Tristan Wirfs ankle is a good example - could make or break the game for the Bucs tonight.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Just the other week he said "the grass is greener where you water it". I think his preference is to stay, but doesn't want this team to get stripped. Though I don't see how that happens without Regular Season Rodgers taking a hefty paycut, or some serious contract restructuring. This team, when healthy, is pretty stacked except on ST.

I say roll the dice. Trade him for picks whilst he has value. Tag Adams and trade for picks. Go all in on Love and see if he's the guy. I don't think he is, but they could opt to be run-heavy for a bit with Dillon and Jones if he isn't.

Post-Rodgers Packers will probably be grim for a bit, but he's a total knobhead, so I'd be ok with him being someone else's knobhead.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Please let the Bills and the Rams win tonight.

It’ll be so good to know there’s no possible downside to the SB.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Manning is the best now - Rodgers with his covid schtick and now another flat playoff performance was the least straw.

We pray for the rams.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Now there’s no obstacles to Denver getting a coach into the building, though if the news of the surprising dark horse are true Hackett may not actually be 2nd favorite.
Gannon? I hope not but he’s rumoured as being in the running along with Hackett and Quinn.

Whoever it’s gonna be I expect we’ll find out pretty soon.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rodgers 7-9 in the playoffs since the SB win a decade back. That is genuinely embarrassing whatever way you look at it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Gannon? I hope not but he’s rumoured as being in the running along with Hackett and Quinn.

Whoever it’s gonna be I expect we’ll find out pretty soon.
Yeah, apparently he’s been blowing people away in interviews. He’s the favorite to get the Texans job and in the running for the Vikes as well so I’m guessing he’s getting a job somewhere this cycle.

I wonder when the dominos will start to fall; I’m guessing when Harbaugh and Quinn make their decisions.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, apparently he’s been blowing people away in interviews. He’s the favorite to get the Texans job and in the running for the Vikes as well so I’m guessing he’s getting a job somewhere this cycle.

I wonder when the dominos will start to fall; I’m guessing when Harbaugh and Quinn make their decisions.
I might be being unfair but I get VJ vibes from him; a DC coming off a pretty crappy year for his unit with lots of cliche sound bites about “leadership” and being impressive in interviews. Hard pass please.

I guess things will start happening this coming week.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I might be being unfair but I get VJ vibes from him; a DC coming off a pretty crappy year for his unit with lots of cliche sound bites about “leadership” and being impressive in interviews. Hard pass please.

I guess things will start happening this coming week.
He’s basically this year’s Brandon Staley. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing I couldn’t tell you.

At least he’s not in the thick of it simply because he was in the same room as McVay once.

altodevil

He’s basically this year’s Brandon Staley. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing I couldn’t tell you.

At least he’s not in the thick of it simply because he was in the same room as McVay once.
To be fair there's been a number of excellent head coaches who fit this!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I feel asleep in the 4th quarter. Just watched the highlights not knowing the outcome. :lol: :lol: :lol: Have that you immunised twat.

Mike Smalling

Few fun facts seen on Twitter:

1. Brady is older than the head coaches of the other three NFC divisional round teams.
2. 49’ers had the lead for literally 0 seconds in their win yesterday.

Mike Smalling

I know right. The fact this is a debate is weird to me.
It’s not. Fraudgers proved yesterday that no matter how elite you are in the regular season, it means nothing if you can’t do it in the post season.
Brady has put together a ridiculous resume of game winning drives and comeback wins in the playoffs en route to his seven titles. On top of that he has great regular season stats as well.

Anyone not willing to admit he is the greatest QB ever are simply fooling themselves out of hatred for the guy. Thankfully for them he won’t stick around much longer.

altodevil

It’s not. Fraudgers proved yesterday that no matter how elite you are in the regular season, it means nothing if you can’t do it in the post season.
Brady has put together a ridiculous resume of game winning drives and comeback wins in the playoffs en route to his seven titles. On top of that he has great regular season stats as well.

Anyone not willing to admit he is the greatest QB ever are simply fooling themselves out of hatred for the guy. Thankfully for them he won’t stick around much longer.
Keep telling yourself that scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.