NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Still think the other side should have a first possession in OT, would have set up a fun finish last night.

I don’t think this current version of OT is going to survive in modern NFL for long but strangely enough a large number of OT games this season have actually gone to 2nd & 3rd possessions

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Mahomes is now 12-0 on the road against the division in his career - courtesy of NFL Memes.

Crazy to think that this is Mahomes’s worst season by far, and he still has 4000 yards and 30 TDs with 3 games to go. Alex Smith never threw 30 TDs in his entire life, even in his best year.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Exciting game. I think that puts the Chiefs in a very strong spot for the AFC 1st seed also. Have to wonder if going for all those 4th downs was the right thing to do. Perhaps the analytics say so, but I wasn’t hugely impressed with the play calls either way.

RoadTrip

Just seen what happened to Parham, that’s fecking scary, hope he’s ok.
When I watched the game in 40 I just thought he landed awkwardly on his hand or something which is why it came loose. Even watching it again, I obviously have seen his head hit the ground hard but it still looked so innocuous. It is pretty scary.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When I watched the game in 40 I just thought he landed awkwardly on his hand or something which is why it came loose. Even watching it again, I obviously have seen his head hit the ground hard but it still looked so innocuous. It is pretty scary.
Yea it looked like nothing, but that’s classic fencing response that his arms went into so it must have been a heavy landing on his head.

Just hope he’s ok.

RoadTrip

Yea it looked like nothing, but that’s classic fencing response that his arms went into so it must have been a heavy landing on his head.

Just hope he’s ok.
Yeah, hope so too. I suspect they’ll do a lot of investigation too as to what happened there.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Hopefully they do the sensible thing by cancelling all week 15-17 games and having the playoff positions decided by the current standing. Oh, the Chiefs would be #1 seed in AFC? Well, someone's gotta be.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Fantastic result that should be enough to secure top spot in the division. One worrying thing was how abject we were with the run game considering the Chargers are the statistically the worst run defense in the league. I know it's not something we're particularly great at but I at least expected us to do some damage with the run game.
How’d you come to be a fan of the Chiefs? I live in KC so just curious when people not from the area are fans. Up until Mahomes I wouldn’t say they were very popular outside of the city (but I don’t really follow football so what do I know).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
How’d you come to be a fan of the Chiefs? I live in KC so just curious when people not from the area are fans. Up until Mahomes I wouldn’t say they were very popular outside of the city (but I don’t really follow football so what do I know).
Basically a glory hunter. I'd watched every Superbowl from 2010 and enjoyed it a lot without ever giving the rest of the season a go. For the 2018-19 postseason I decided I'd support the team which played the most exciting football and that was the Chiefs (plus I also felt really bad for them for essentially missing out on the SuperBowl due to a coin toss). I don't have any affiliation with any states or teams so I just wanted to follow a team for a season who played good football in order to make me stay tuned in and actually want to watch their games. If we turn shit in a couple of years time I'll still be trying to watch all the games now I'm hooked.

RoadTrip

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn’t realise the Pats were playing the late night game tonight. Hopefully will have the energy to watch a little bit of it.

Duafc

Village Lemon
This series of Hard Knocks has been so good so far.

Really warmed to Reich especially.

Duafc

Village Lemon
This the in-season one? Where’s it available?
Think they go up on Youtube - i’ve heard there are also some kind benefactors who may upload them to certain online media streaming apps.

Mike Smalling

Man, bad result tonight. Looking increasingly likely that the Chiefs will take 1st seed, but hoping they will slip up a couple of times, and that the Titans can keep pace. Will also be interesting to see what they will look like when Derrick Henry returns with fresh legs.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
What do we recon about Steelers vs Titans? Hoping for a Steelers win.

Mike Smalling

What do we recon about Steelers vs Titans? Hoping for a Steelers win.
Will be tight. Titans haven't exactly been high-flying without Henry, but Steelers have also been unreliable at best. You never really know what you get with Roethlisberger these days. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers defense wins this game for them, but hopefully Titans can pull it off.

RoadTrip

Caught up on the Colts Pats game just now. Some unusual mistakes with the punt and some untimely penalty calls. I think missing Harris hurt us too. Jones is a rookie, he’s done really well but some mistakes expected like yesterday. Overall I was pleased with how he continues to look poised though. I said all along I see us as a playoff team but nowhere near competing with the best in the league. Which I think yesterday reinforced. But we’ve made some good progress this year, something to build on next time around. I think depending who we face we might get through wild card week but see us out the next week. But I also don’t think we will give up 20 point leads so I guess maybe we should keep things close. Chiefs to lock the AFC now I think. It would be nice if we can win the division out to have a home game in wild card week - although all our losses before yesterday had interestingly come at home although that’s a mark of the quality of our opponents at home.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I haven’t watched Wentz much this year, but is he always this bad?! He was awful against the Pats. That Philly MVP level player seems to have disappeared forever……

SirAnderson

Looking forward to watching the games tonight :D
Still haven't decided who to support. Redzone it is again tonight though.

I'm seeing some talk of Covid impacting the rest of the games perhaps? It's that a real possibility, and how would they do it, postpone or draw a line and take the standings for playoff spots?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
That Barkley one handed catch was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.