NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_42

Sad end to such an amazing game, I've never liked the OT rules and Allen not being able to at least respond to that TD is a joke.

Awesome weekend of football and I hope it continues next week.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What a load of horseshit to end a great game.

I understand wanting to end the game asap in the regular season, but in the playoffs, surely either a) the other team should get one possession to try to match the TD or b) you keep playing 10 minutes at a time until somebody wins.

In a game like that where the offences were massively on top, it just feels like the game was won on a fecking coin toss.
Yeah the rules are fine for the regular season, but in the playoffs it shouldn’t be ‘sudden-death if a first possession TD’ rules.

KingCavani

Unbelievable game. I’m no NFL expert so can someone tell me what happened in that 4th quarter? Where did both defences go to?? Is it just tiredness leading to loss of concentration? It’s hard to believe the offenses would suddenly be this good in their execution, even better than they have been previously in the game.
Even the greatest defences can’t stop great QB’s that are on it like Mahomes and Allen were. Not in the modern NFL.

James_42

I can't believe Hill wasn't given a taunting flag for his TD, he is such an unlikable player and the league continues to hype him up, makes me sick.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Bills coaches killed them at the end . Wtf was that defence for the last 13 seconds. How did Kelce of all people be left so open

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
My point was that both teams get the ball.
I get it. They should both get it anyway.Just from a regular kickoff. Remember the old format? OT was first team scores no matter what. That lasted almost 40 years. Coin tosses were even more important as a FG would win it

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I have only been watching the NFL for a few seasons, but I think McDermott made some really bad calls that cost his team the game. Firstly, who doesn't go for it on 4 and 1 against KC at Arrowhead in the 3rd quarter and then even worse, who kicks a touch back with 13 seconds against PM and then plays deep cover to allow Kelse a free run to get it into FG range?

One was bad enough, both were inexcusable.

As for that TD on first drive, that is nonsense. Puts way too much importance on a coin toss.

sidsutton

Maybe there will be enough outcry that Allen didn't get the chance that they will consider changing the rules.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The touchback kick was mental as it gave us 2 plays.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Josh Allen though what a player. That is one of the best QB performances I have ever seen. The amount of physical toll he took but still managed to just carry on is just ridiculous. Hard to believe that this is the same guy who was overthrowing everyone by 20 feet just 3 years back

Charlie Foley

I can't believe Hill wasn't given a taunting flag for his TD, he is such an unlikable player and the league continues to hype him up, makes me sick.
He’s a woman beating piece of shit who, when his girlfriend told him their child was terrified of him, responded “you should be terrified of me too, bitch.” He’s scum

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I get it. They should both get it anyway.Just from a regular kickoff. Remember the old format? OT was first team scores no matter what. That lasted almost 40 years. Coin tosses were even more important as a FG would win it
Well that rule was just ridiculous. That is almost like saying at the end of extra time in football that whoever wins the coin toss gets the first penalty and if they score, they win.

Carolina Red

Staff
Firstly, who doesn't go for it on 4 and 1 against KC at Arrowhead in the 3rd quarter and then even worse, who kicks a touch back with 13 seconds against PM and then plays deep cover to allow Kelse a free run to get it into FG range?
You know that the head coach doesn’t actually call the plays for offense, special teams, and defense right?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Chiefs have built an unbelievable set of playmakers on offence, so many of the throws from mahomes were dink & dunk which led to 10+ YAC . Bills just weren’t able to get to mahomes enough. This will change against the Niners or the Rams

redpatron

Unbelievable game. I’m no NFL expert so can someone tell me what happened in that 4th quarter? Where did both defences go to?? Is it just tiredness leading to loss of concentration? It’s hard to believe the offenses would suddenly be this good in their execution, even better than they have been previously in the game.
Majority of the game offenses are just trying to grind for first downs, keep possession, and rest the defense. The game is played with 11, 12, and 21 personnel, when teams chase points they switch to 10 personnel and defense take bigger players out of the box because the field is stretched. Defenses typically use zone in the 4th to cover distances, but you saw with the Bills they played man and got caught by the speed.

Great NFL qbs can play 10 personnel all game and score nonstop, but the opposition can do the same thing. It just isn't smart if want to win games, the Cowboys had this issue a few years back.

Carolina Red

Staff
Majority of the game offenses are just trying to grind for first downs, keep possession, and rest the defense. The game is played with 11, 12, and 21 personnel, when teams chase points they switch to 10 personnel and defense take bigger players out of the box because the field is stretched. Defenses typically use zone in the 4th to cover distances, but you saw with the Bills they played man and got caught by the speed.

Great NFL qbs can play 10 personnel all game and score nonstop, but the opposition can do the same thing. It just isn't smart if want to win games, the Cowboys had this issue a few years back.
Nailed it

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He’s a woman beating piece of shit who, when his girlfriend told him their child was terrified of him, responded “you should be terrified of me too, bitch.” He’s scum
From the same audio recording where she didn't deny the accusation that she made up the whole beating her story in the first place you mean?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The overtime rules are completely fair. To argue otherwise is suggest they are somehow rigged by chance. You still have to actually play the game well to win it. You can win the toss, throw a pick and lose the game. You can punt and have the opposition return the punt for a TD and lose the game. You still have to actually do the necessary things to win it - and the Chiefs did. Crusading about unfairness moments after the game ends is pretty pathetic, even more so for anyone who has known about these rules going into the evening

Asger

The overtime rules are completely fair. To argue otherwise is suggest they are somehow rigged by chance. You still have to actually play the game well to win it. You can win the toss, throw a pick and lose the game. You can punt and have the opposition return the punt for a TD and lose the game. You still have to actually do the necessary things to win it - and the Chiefs did. Crusading about unfairness moments after the game ends is pretty pathetic, even more so for anyone who has known about these rules going into the evening
Ok so we should bring back the golden goal to football!
Or maybe just in penalty shootout first goal wins!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Nah

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think the rules are fair, otherwise they wouldn't have approved them. The team that wins the coin toss does so by chance, but still has to march down the field to score a TD. The opposing team can stop them and get the ball back, if they can. Seems entirely fair.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's not always true. I recall Parcells taking over playcalling for Dallas in a game.
I’m not saying a head coach never calls plays, but I am saying it’s right near unheard of in the modern era for a NFL head coach to call the offense, defense, and special teams all at the same time. Especially considering the Bills have coordinators for all of those teams.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Hope you made some money off it?
The last 2 times I bet large money on anything it did not come off. I was also considering earlier in the season putting a grand on the Dolphins to win the SB at 250/1 when they were 8-7 having won their last 7 on the bounce.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You can’t just jump in out of nowhere with copypasta and claim victory in the argument. That’s not how whinging works.

Charlie Foley

I think the rules are fair, otherwise they wouldn't have approved them. The team that wins the coin toss does so by chance, but still has to march down the field to score a TD. The opposing team can stop them and get the ball back, if they can. Seems entirely fair.
They are fair, since everyone has the same shot at the coin toss, but they are, subjectively, dumb, because it is too arbitrary especially when both quarterbacks are this good

ExoduS

13 Seconds Bills, 13 seconds. That is all you had to do. Terrible formation that led to easy field goal.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The rules are fair because they're the rules. :lol:
They do have to be approved by all the teams, so yeah. If teams thought they weren't fair then it wouldn't be in their interest to give the green light to the rules/competiion committees and the owners to approve them.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
You can’t just jump in out of nowhere with copypasta and claim victory in the argument. That’s not how whinging works.
I wonder how many of the cry babies in this thread (ironic really, as you are whining because the guy you detest for whining won, lol) would be mentioning anything about OT had the Bills won the toss and scored.

Statistically the team who receives in OT wins just over 50% of the time. But let's ignore that and call it a colossal advantage.

Honestly, some of you are quite simply embarrassing to be honest. Gone from genuinely being a decent thread to talk NFL to being like a RAWK thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.