NFL 2024 | Post Draft Panic

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Everyone seems to be converging on DeJean. I'm expecting a trade back, I think.
Yeah, lots of talk about him. He might make sense, especially considering that Alexander doesn’t seem to be too happy in Green Bay, unfortunately.
I don’t think trading down would make that much sense for us. We already have 2 picks each in the second and third round. Would have to be a great offer for us to do it. I actually think we might trade up.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Yeah, lots of talk about him. He might make sense, especially considering that Alexander doesn’t seem to be too happy in Green Bay, unfortunately.
I don’t think trading down would make that much sense for us. We already have 2 picks each in the second and third round. Would have to be a great offer for us to do it. I actually think we might trade up.
Obviously depends on the way the board falls, but if only 4 QBs and 3 WRs get taken, our options start to look thin by 25. Trade up is possible if there's still a top tackle or corner in the late teens I suppose.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
One of my favourite days/weekends of the year!

For me the best player in this draft is Malik Nabers. One of the most explosive receivers I've watched coming out of college. Effortless speed, can take the top off any defense and has improved a lot as a route runner. To be fair the top three receivers in this draft are going to be studs so WR needy teams at the top of the draft like the Cardinals and Giants can't really go wrong in my opinion. It really depends on what you like. If I'm the Colts or Jags and Odunze or Nabers are sitting there at #8 or #9 I'm trading up.

Heard a lot of buzz about Worthy to the Dolphins at #21. Just not totally sold on that. We do need another WR behind Hill and Waddle but we also have other needs like interior OL or even DT after losing Wilkins. If we go Worthy I think I would prefer that in a trade down scenario.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
DJ is a good guy to listen to. Latham that high is a bit of a curveball. This is probably the best bet on what Denver will do - trade back with a team after one of the OTs.

If there were any shockers other than something regarding JJM, I’d see it being Byron Murphy or Quinyon flirting with the top 10. There’s always that one defender it seems that goes higher than we were thinking.
There seemed to be a bit of talk recently about Payton being all-in on JJM and wanting to trade up to get him, even being willing to part with PS2 in the process.

feck knows what will happen, I’m just resigned to it being bad.

Evans999

The Vikings will have to go defense. I have a gut feeling that all the desired QBs will be gone before their turn.
They'll be on the phone to chargers, a deal could be done if they think Brock falls to 11

whitbyviking

I don’t see the Niners drafting Worthy ahead of Mitchell if they’re going for a receiver

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Mitchell's YPTPA and best-season YPRR numbers are both bottom-five in this WR class, and he never was an alpha on his own team. Even in his best college year, he was still worse than Worthy (who didn't even have his best college year that season). Really don't see why people believe he can be a WR1 in the NFL, if he never even was in college.

I'd place my bets on all of Brian Thomas, Ladd McConkey, Xavier Worthy and Troy Franklin becoming better NFL WRs.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Adonai Mitchell in the bottom third of the first round could end up a steal for a team.
My big question with Mitchell is his effort. He takes too many plays off for me and he won't get away with that at the next level. I also don't think he has much YAC ability. Doesn't strike me a receiver than can break tackles and take it to the house. Personally I see him as a 2nd round guy. I think he probably goes tonight though.

The NFL Draft New

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Anyone gonna watch the Bill Belichick & McAfee shitshow instead of the boring NFL network coverage?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It looks like the wiggle room for the Smith extension doesn't even exist yet. It doesn't come into play until 2026. He'll play on the 4th and 5th years of his rookie deal this year and next. It might end up looking cheap by then once Justin Jefferson likely sets the record within the next year, but AJ Brown's cap hit skyrockets in 2026, so it'll most likely be one or the other at that point.
How does this affect their cap situation going forward? Just kicking the can down the road?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40025710/eagles-aj-brown-agrees-3-year-96-million-extension

MrMarcello

McCarthy to Minnesota.

While I get Atlanta thinking long-term with Pennix, it's weird considering they just gave a guy a $100m in guarantees. Why not give the big dollar QB more supporting cast to produce?

I wonder if the owner forced or influenced that selection. Or if the GM/staff convinced themselves and everyone else.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Imagine being a Panthers fan seeing what the Bears have done.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
This is getting a lot of laughs from Chiefs and 49ers fans

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Why did we not trade back and pick up Nix at the back of the 1st?!

There was supposedly several teams trying to trade up for an OT, and Dallas Turner and Bowers are still on the board.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
ESPN doing a bad job at showing live reactions of these families when the pick gets called. It’s like their own feed is off.

Hephaestus

Took until the 15th pick to get the first defensive player, Colts ruined the streak before the Seahawks could.

MrMarcello

Here's the NFL with its we support the military schtick (because the DoD paid for it for many years up until 2016).

They do appreciate the players and cheerleaders coming to the installations though, keep that up.

MrMarcello

That's a good pickup by Seattle, Murphy has potential to be a stud DT.

Vikings have made another trade up... the pick is in... its... Dallas Turner.

The Vikings are Day 1 winners so far.

Hephaestus

That's a good pickup by Seattle, Murphy has potential to be a stud DT.

Vikings have made another trade up... the pick is in... its... Dallas Turner.

The Vikings are Day 1 winners so far.
Yeah, happy with that pick. Didn't think he'd make it to us at 16.

MrMarcello

This is a good segment on Jerry Jones trying to top Jimmy Johnson's draft day prowess in 1994. It talks about the draft value chart the club created in 1990 and some other nuggets. And how they weren't really tracking Carver but took him due to Jerry.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Well, in the end we stuck for someone we could've traded back for! If this is Myers/Humphrey again I will hunt Gute down.