NFL 2024

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's basically not a RB :lol:
Yeah I don't blame them, between RB and high-end WR money it seems - only "downside" is that he's turning 28 this Friday, and players with the wear and tear of CMC will inevitably fall of the cliff of the earth around their age 30 season, although CMC might prolong it a bit with his pass-catching abilities.

But in all seriousness, it's cap shenanigans from the 49ers, probably to assist with the Aiyuk deal.
I'm a Jacob Cowing fan so hoping you deal either Deebo or Aiyuk before the start of the season :cool:

whitbyviking

Yeah I don't blame them, between RB and high-end WR money it seems - only "downside" is that he's turning 28 this Friday, and players with the wear and tear of CMC will inevitably fall of the cliff of the earth around their age 30 season, although CMC might prolong it a bit with his pass-catching abilities.

I'm a Jacob Cowing fan so hoping you deal either Deebo or Aiyuk before the start of the season :cool:
The risk with CMC was his injury history at the Panthers, but if they keep him on the field he's worth it.

Rumour is Deebo and Juaun Jennings gone after this season so think Cowing will be eased in and then WR 2/3 next year, split with Pearsall. For what it's worth I think Cowing will play a lot as he seems a separation expert and the Niners were lacking that last season, especially in the SB.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The risk with CMC was his injury history at the Panthers, but if they keep him on the field he's worth it.

Rumour is Deebo and Juaun Jennings gone after this season so think Cowing will be eased in and then WR 2/3 next year, split with Pearsall. For what it's worth I think Cowing will play a lot as he seems a separation expert and the Niners were lacking that last season, especially in the SB.
Yeah I think his skill set is just perfect for him to thrive in the Niners offense if they scheme some nice things up for him. But might be difficult to earn targets this season behind Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC and a first round WR. Although Purdy was already speaking highly of him, but that might just be offseason peptalk for a late-round pick tbf.

whitbyviking

Yeah I think his skill set is just perfect for him to thrive in the Niners offense if they scheme some nice things up for him. But might be difficult to earn targets this season behind Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, CMC and a first round WR. Although Purdy was already speaking highly of him, but that might just be offseason peptalk for a late-round pick tbf.
They've just signed a pass catching TE too from Washington, so they're either going to run some crazy sets or they are planning to keep people fresher for a deep run again.

One thing is for sure; Deebo, Kittle will be injured at some point and CMC needs managing better. They were flirting with overusing him last year.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Lamar has trimmed his weight down to 205lbs - down from 230lbs in 2022 and 215lbs last season. Tua has apparently also dropped 10-15lbs to 220lbs this offseason.

Meanwhile Anthony Richardson has bulked up from his 244lbs combine weight last year to around 255lbs(!) right now. That's heavier than the likes of Derrick Henry and TJ Watt :lol:

Will be interesting to follow which is the "better" approach, but it's of course depending on the individual as well I guess. I wonder if this elevates Tua's ceiling with some added rushing upside. One thing is for certain, if Jayden Daniels cannot stay healthy in the NFL it's because he doesn't avoid big hits well enough, not because he's too skinny which was argued from time to time before the draft. Daniels is 210lbs so will likely be bigger than Lamar when the season starts.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Lamar has trimmed his weight down to 205lbs - down from 230lbs in 2022 and 215lbs last season. Tua has apparently also dropped 10-15lbs to 220lbs this offseason.

Meanwhile Anthony Richardson has bulked up from his 244lbs combine weight last year to around 255lbs(!) right now. That's heavier than the likes of Derrick Henry and TJ Watt :lol:

Will be interesting to follow which is the "better" approach, but it's of course depending on the individual as well I guess. I wonder if this elevates Tua's ceiling with some added rushing upside. One thing is for certain, if Jayden Daniels cannot stay healthy in the NFL it's because he doesn't avoid big hits well enough, not because he's too skinny which was argued from time to time before the draft. Daniels is 210lbs so will likely be bigger than Lamar when the season starts.
If that's true Tua could be a legit dual-injury-threat QB.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
@RoadTrip most recent GamePass email says downloads are back this coming season.

Every time DAZN brags about a new feature, it's always just reinstating a feature they got rid of from the original GamePass. "Hey look, were showing the US commercials now (sometimes), instead of a droning screensaver"

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
@RoadTrip most recent GamePass email says downloads are back this coming season.

Every time DAZN brags about a new feature, it's always just reinstating a feature they got rid of from the original GamePass. "Hey look, were showing the US commercials now (sometimes), instead of a droning screensaver"
Thanks for the heads up

Mind letting me know when it’s ACTUALLY implemented? I don’t trust those feckers

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
For any offensive geeks, Matt Harmon has a nice podcast out on full speed motion schemes on the Yahoo FF Show. The entire series is quite interesting to be honest, about data&trends that will define the 2024 season. Previous episodes were on the run game renaissance and on 1st downs per route run for WRs.

The five offenses which used the most full speed motion during 2023: Fins, Niners, Rams, Lions and Chiefs. There's certainly a trend there. Also interesting notes on why weight doesn't matter as much (anymore) as it used to: when you have a guy like Devonta Smith, Tank Dell, next season Xavier Worthy running at full speed or someone who's that quick in his movements and brakes, you immediately got to give him a cushion of a few yards because that speed kills you if you don't.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

The offense will be interesting this season. A lot of weapons although I still think Aiyuk gets traded. CMC is worth every dollar, offensive player of the year and just a beast. It's the NFL so step 1 is keep your core guys healthy and give yourself a chance with talent. Niners still have the talent to compete.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Chiefs OTAs cancelled today after our backup DE B.J Thompson had a seizure and then went into cardiac arrest in a team meeting. Hope he's okay.

jem

Mike Tomlin has just signed a 3-year extension apparently. The Steelers have had 3, head coaches since 1969. That Is absolutely remarkable.