(6) alto defeats (1) rpitroda

(2) jagga defeats (1) rpitroda
(6) alto defeats (5) eboue

worst record: Nicky Moore and Florida Man 2-11

Last edited:

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
here's what im thinking for rules. counting jj12s friend and florida man we have 10 so lets assume we get to 12
  • $50 fee per season plus $50 deposit due up front. if you quit after 1 year, your deposit gets added to the prize pool. if you quit after 2+ years, you get your deposit back once someone else takes over your team and pays their deposit.
  • so thats $600. subtract $80 for myfantasyleague leaves $520. third place gets their money back so $470. $320 for winner and $150 for runner up.
  • starting lineup is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, K, D/ST
  • bench is 12 spots + 3 taxi squad spots
  • taxi squad allows you to stash players there for 2 seasons then you have to promote them to active roster or cut them. you cannot start a player on the taxi squad unless your promote them to active roster. you need to have a roster spot for them in order to promote them. once you promote them you cannot ever put them on your taxi squad again. if you trade for a player you cannot put them on your taxi squad.
  • 1 point PPR, fractional points, standard rules otherwise.
  • the season ends 48 hours after the super bowl. you have to cut your 22 man active roster down to 17 by that point.
  • starting 2 sundays after the nfl draft, we will have a 5 round rookie and free agent draft on the forum with 12 hour time limits to post your pick. the pool is all players who are rookies that year and anyone not on a roster when the season ends 48 hours after the super bowl.
  • you are allowed to trade draft picks up to 3 years in advance. any year you trade picks from, your dues for that year are owed immediately. this ensures that someone doesnt trade a bunch of future picks and then quits and leaves the team dead in the water.
  • the original draft will be snake. the rookie and free agent draft will be linear with last place getting #1 pick and champion getting #12 and so on.
@Eboue

My thoughts on the rules:

1. I think splitting the money differently would perhaps keep people more interested. I agree bulk of the money should be 1/2/3 with 3 getting money back and 2 and 1 getting incrementally more. But perhaps something like $50 for third, $100 for second and $200 or $250 for first. That would give $120 or $170 to reward for other things perhaps which might keep people entertained even if they start poorly in a season. Not sure what these things might be but could be something to explore especially if it’s a long term commitment, might as well get it right and interesting as much as possible.

2. Personally think should remove defence and replace with a Flex or something else. And perhaps also Kicker. Reason I say that, especially for defense, is that once picked in year one, nothing will really happen here. Not likely to be drafted in subsequent years. And boils down to luck of picking up a defence when crap that eventually becomes good. It’s also not something you can easily predict a year or two in advance so not that exciting to include it.

3. Not sure I’m following the point about the season ending and cutting the roster from 22 to 17. How did we ever get to 22 in the first place?

4. Not a fan of the point about paying dues for traded years immediately. Agree need to do something to ensure people don’t front load and bail, but perhaps instead of paying dues, extending length the deposit can’t be reclaimed or something when leaving if you trade might be a better option. People’s circumstances change so should have some kind of allowance for that.
1. Ideally we would do $10 per week to high scorer but that is dependent on finding a way to transfer money for no / low fees. I dont want PayPal eating into it too much.

2. I'm open to this

3. 10 starting spots plus 12 bench is 22. So at the end of the year you have to cut down to 17.

4. The circumstances that will change are "my team sucks and I dont want to play anymore" or "I'm bored". And then once someone trades their next 3 first round picks for Todd Gurley then he gets hurt and they quit, you've got a wasteland team that has no chance of ever getting someone to pay $50 for. I'm still open to hearing your idea on this but hesitant to change it. Maybe only for years you trade your 1st round pick? It's not like you pay $100 to trade 2 first round picks. Once those seasons arrive you dont owe dues for that year. You just paid sooner than before.
1. Agree, if whatever we use has a bunch of fees it doesn’t work. Another alternative is you accumulate throughout the year and pay out at end of year. That would ease number of transactions and hence fees, and reality is a lot of the payout likely to go to whoever is first anyway, but with you on the fact that it depends on platform.

2. Let’s see what others think.

3. Makes sense got ya.

4. All valid points to be fair. Would just somehow need to keep track as if league does die out all that’s paid early would need to be paid back presumably. Ultimately would need to get a consensus on everyone who plays cos in this situation you might end up forking up $250 in year one if you go gung-ho which might put people off but I’m not that against it so if others are cool I’m cool.
I'm in. Defense and kickers are a pile of wank.
Gotcha, thanks. With that said, I’m open to replacing kickers and defense with more FLEX options @Eboue @rpitroda

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Oh I didn’t know we could pay into the site. I thought we were Venmo-ing and all. I’ll just let you set that up.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm thinking leaguesafe is the way to go unless someone has a better idea.
Whatevers best with you. I'll get my mate to join too.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Generally happy with the rules outlined. Is it not worth considering defensive players on the roster as well? Perhaps having 2 X DE, 2 X LB, 2 X CB / S, 1 X DT? Much longer draft, more complex scoring, but there are examples out there for how it could work. Makes it more interesting when a draft is loaded with defensive ends or corners.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Generally happy with the rules outlined. Is it not worth considering defensive players on the roster as well? Perhaps having 2 X DE, 2 X LB, 2 X CB / S, 1 X DT? Much longer draft, more complex scoring, but there are examples out there for how it could work. Makes it more interesting when a draft is loaded with defensive ends or corners.
I prefer not to pick individual defensive players as that seems too cumbersome and difficult to manage. Couple others mentioned getting rid of defenses and kickers entirely, which I’m not necessarily a fan of either, but would prefer to this. Order of preference:
  1. Team defense
  2. No defense
  3. Individual defensive players

Eboue

I prefer not to pick individual defensive players as that seems too cumbersome and difficult to manage. Couple others mentioned getting rid of defenses and kickers entirely, which I’m not necessarily a fan of either, but would prefer to this. Order of preference:
  1. Team defense
  2. No defense
This is my preference also

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'd rather have defense than have a kicker. Can we just get rid of kicker and keep team defense?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
  1. Team defense
  2. No defense
I agree.

Don't have any advice to give on how to transfer the money though; generally when I'm spending sums overseas on fantasies it's far more expensive.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Looks like we are settled on D/ST and K.

Main thing I think then is which platform to transfer fees and then how rewards are split?

Eboue

I did some looking and since this is a new league, we get 50% off at MFL plus $5 early bird discount. LeagueSafe will also add $10 to the pot since it's a new league.

MyFantasyLeague is extremely customizable but it's a little bit clunky and doesnt have a mobile app. I still think we should use it, because the alternative is me doing this whole thing on excel and wanting a fee for the extra work. Just want to be upfront about the limitations of MFL.

RoadTrip

So - LeagueSafe - as far as I can see no fees on payments but any payouts would cost $5 each? Presuming payouts are bank transfers and payins aren’t via credit card.

Man of Leisure

@Eboue What's your preference on free agent systems? The typical waiver type or an auction style? I'm thinking for a keeper league that an auction style might work best and add an extra level of strategy/authenticity.

Man of Leisure

And just to clarify, will you be able to re-add players to your taxi squad if you've dropped them but they've never been promoted to your active roster?

Eboue

I havent thought too much about either of those. Open to discussion.

Now that we have 14, I'm going to set up the sites. Payment deadline is August 1st. Draft date will either be August 11th or September 1st, depending on what the majority of the league wants.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I havent thought too much about either of those. Open to discussion.

Now that we have 14, I'm going to set up the sites. Payment deadline is August 1st. Draft date will either be August 11th or September 1st, depending on what the majority of the league wants.
I'm at the Belgian Grand Prix on 1 September so there's no way I can do that day.

11 August should be fine, I assume it'll be evening UK time?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
11th August not great for me. I'm on my honeymoon. While no doubt I will be able to browse the caf, I'm not sure the other half will approve of me furiously masturbating over my 6th-rd sleeper pick. September better.

RoadTrip

Let’s draft over the forum?

We could start it sooner, and ensures there’s no real risk of people getting screwed over my circumstance?

(last year I ended up auto-drafting Bell as I had to help a woman who had fallen off a mobility scooter!)

Eboue

Alright so that's what we will do then. We can start as soon as everyone has signed up and paid. I'll get that together tonight and we can finalize the rules later this week.

You will have 12 hours to pick after the previous person. You wont have a locked in window so if you have pick 5 and 1-4 pick within 30 minutes, you've got 12 hours from pick 4, not 60 hours from pick 1.

chetan

Just so that I am up to speed here.....we are using myfantasyleague platform and leaguesafe is the payment method. I have never played on myfantasyleague how does it compare to ESPN's or NFL's fantasy leagues