NFL Thread 2019

mav_9me

No Burkhead or Dorsett & a short rest week could mean an upset is on the cards but still expect us to win, particularly since they don’t have Barkley.

D is playing incredibly well. The offense is too reliant on Jules & White to be productive. Gordon has to contribute & Michel needs to get going in the run game (had a decent game against Washington).
Aren't Sheppard, Engram and Gallman also out?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Pats are gonna win this game, but I'm not convinced they're as good as their record indicates. For maybe the first time ever, their defense is carrying the offense.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pats are gonna win this game, but I'm not convinced they're as good as their record indicates. For maybe the first time ever, their defense is carrying the offense.
Defense is playing incredibly well & I agree it’s carrying the offense so far. Offense has struggled with the injuries, looks like Gordon & the TE got injured last night too which isn’t going to make things easier.

Even without the injuries to WR/TE we needed reinforcements. The schedule gets tougher after the next game so that will be a good indication for how good this team really is.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
When you look at who we've played. Our season was never going to really start until week 8/9.

Offense is a big struggle. O-line and no weapons outside of Edelman/White.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Our offence is really struggling. The quality of opposition is seriously masking the problems we have - and whilst our defense is playing lights out, I do also question how much of that is due to the quality of opposition too.

Man of Leisure

As crazy as it sounds, actually think the Panthers might be better with Kyle Allen at QB than Cam. Unthinkable in the beginning of the season. We're talking about an undrafted free agent here.

After the beatings he's taken the past several seasons and seeing Luck hang it up, maybe Cam's heart isn't in it anymore?

Last edited:

RoadTrip

As crazy as it sounds, actually think the Panthers might be better with Kyle Allen at QB than Cam. Unthinkable in the beginning of the season. We're talking about an undrafted free agent here.

After the beatings he's taken the past several seasons and seeing Luck hang it up, maybe Cam's heart isn't in it anymore?
Sorry but no chance. Easy to forget what a fully fit Newton does for this offence. Better throws. Better runs. Better offence. And don’t forget, Newton at his peak has taken this team to a Super Bowl.

The real question to answer is, will Newton ever truly be fit again. That is what determines if Allen should be the way forward.

Man of Leisure

Sorry but no chance. Easy to forget what a fully fit Newton does for this offence. Better throws. Better runs. Better offence. And don’t forget, Newton at his peak has taken this team to a Super Bowl.

The real question to answer is, will Newton ever truly be fit again. That is what determines if Allen should be the way forward.
Well, that's kind of my point. I don't think Cam will ever be that QB again that took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Part of it is injuries and getting older. But he was always going to have to change the way he plays as he got older. Problem is, his effectiveness comes from the physical part of his play. Take that away, and he's not the same QB.

RoadTrip

Well, that's kind of my point. I don't think Cam will ever be that QB again that took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Part of it is injuries and getting older. But he was always going to have to change the way he plays as he got older. Problem is, his effectiveness comes from the physical part of his play. Take that away, and he's not the same QB.
It is a fair question. I just think if I’m the panthers, I wouldn’t be giving up on Newton so easy.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure how Hill managed to catch that!!

BIGbadBOO4

Please please please eagles actually draft or trade for some decent cornerback. I am sick of years and years of the worst set of corners in the league.

Sandyman

Please please please eagles actually draft or trade for some decent cornerback. I am sick of years and years of the worst set of corners in the league.
What's the point? They'll somehow end up getting injured somehow.

Offence has been poor this season too. That's the major worry.