NFL Thread

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The last rumor is that the Vikings aren't going to use the franchise tag, so they either have one their QB staying for less than 23m and probably with friendly clauses and/or they are going for a FA. At least that's how I interpret it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm leaning towards Cousins signing with the Jets now that McCarron is on the market and probably off to Cleveland (as a stop-gap - they'll draft Allen #1 it appears). I've seen chatter/predictions ranging from 140M/5-yrs to 186M/6-yrs for Cousins.

Arizona and Denver are so cap strapped they would have to shed many pieces to fit Cousins in (Sanders and Thomas were mentioned on NFLN), which apparently would not entice Cousins. If winning now is the driving factor, even if taking a bit less, then he's surely off to Minnesota.

I think Denver may take a flier on Bradford. Arizona could go after Keenum if the Vikings go all out for Cousins, and Minnesota may end up with Bridgewater and Keenum back in the end. One club will likely get fecked in all of this and end up for someone like Glennon or McCown. That could force a club to pony up a high pick (i.e. 2nd rd) for Foles though the Eagles may be reluctant to cash in as Wentz may not be back by season opener. But the Eagles have big free agent decisions to make and not much cap room even after inevitable adjustments/cuts are made. They may have to cash in while the price is high, roll the dice on Sudfeld until Wentz is back, and bring in a vet guy on the cheap - like Glennon or McCown.
If I'm Denver, I would ditch Von Miller and get Cousins.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/nfl-2017-18.426858/page-186#post-22110415

@We need an rvn @rpitroda @ha_rooney @Raoul & anyone else that doesn’t mind sharing their $0.02

...got the SB patches..which ‘formation’ should I go with?

> Leaves a spot for if Brady goes to 1 more SB to becomes a 333
> If he goes to 2 more, kinda stuck but I guess the other one can go on the front where they usually do?
> If he goes to no more, looks uneven

> Still left with an empty row to work with
> If he goes to 1 more 441, if 2 more 442 + will be even/centred regardless
> If he goes to no more, looks even

I think 44 looks sharper. Just so happens the top row is the ‘old school’ logos as well while the bottom is the modern day logos with the Lombardi Trophies sticking out. Flows a lot more compared to 332 which sort of just looks like a collage and a bit all over the place. 332 is limited if Brady hypothetically goes to 2 more SBs as there’s only room for 1 more on the back and would disrupt the evenness. 44 regardless will look even/centred.

Couple of my friends say to wait till Brady retires. No one knows how long that’ll be and quite frankly, I don’t have the patience for that :wenger:

...your guys thoughts?

We need an rvn

@We need an rvn @rpitroda @ha_rooney @Raoul & anyone else that doesn’t mind sharing their $0.02

> If he goes to 2 more, kinda stuck but I guess the other one can go on the front where they usually do?

I think 44 looks sharper. Just so happens the top row is the ‘old school’ logos as well while the bottom is the modern day logos with the Lombardi Trophies sticking out. Flows a lot more compared to 332 which sort of just looks like a collage and a bit all over the place. 332 is limited if Brady hypothetically goes to 2 more SBs as there’s only room for 1 more on the back and would disrupt the evenness. 44 regardless will look even/centred.

Couple of my friends say to wait till Brady retires. No one knows how long that’ll be and quite frankly, I don’t have the patience for that :wenger:

...your guys thoughts?
I'd go 44 as dont think he'll be getting that 9th one. If he does, it would look nice beneath the 49 and 52 patch. 10th patch is just being greedy

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
4-4 looks better especially with how the patches look. And I know it's from last season but this might be my favorite victory speech in any sport ever and i'm not even an eagles fan.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bucs have released Doug Martin, not unsurprisingly tbh.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

...your guys thoughts?
4-4 looks a bit tidier.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Landry franchise tagged by the Dolphins.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm leaning towards Cousins signing with the Jets now that McCarron is on the market and probably off to Cleveland (as a stop-gap - they'll draft Allen #1 it appears). I've seen chatter/predictions ranging from 140M/5-yrs to 186M/6-yrs for Cousins.

Arizona and Denver are so cap strapped they would have to shed many pieces to fit Cousins in (Sanders and Thomas were mentioned on NFLN), which apparently would not entice Cousins. If winning now is the driving factor, even if taking a bit less, then he's surely off to Minnesota.

I think Denver may take a flier on Bradford. Arizona could go after Keenum if the Vikings go all out for Cousins, and Minnesota may end up with Bridgewater and Keenum back in the end. One club will likely get fecked in all of this and end up for someone like Glennon or McCown. That could force a club to pony up a high pick (i.e. 2nd rd) for Foles though the Eagles may be reluctant to cash in as Wentz may not be back by season opener. But the Eagles have big free agent decisions to make and not much cap room even after inevitable adjustments/cuts are made. They may have to cash in while the price is high, roll the dice on Sudfeld until Wentz is back, and bring in a vet guy on the cheap - like Glennon or McCown.
Hundley is available on the cheap.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Marcus Peters is headed to the Rams. Not yet reported what they are trading for him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Rams building an even stronger defense especially with Wade Phillips still there. They going to be a strong contender next season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rams building an even stronger defense especially with Wade Phillips still there. They going to be a strong contender next season.
The single biggest balls up that dumb feck Vance Joseph made was letting him go.

Arrogant idiot.

RDCR07

The single biggest balls up that dumb feck Vance Joseph made was letting him go.

Arrogant idiot.
Yeah I was so pissed when that happened too. You already have the best defensive coach why in the hell would you let him go? Its equivalent to Moyes letting go of the coaches at United when he took over.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah I was so pissed when that happened too. You already have the best defensive coach why in the hell would you let him go? Its equivalent to Moyes letting go of the coaches at United when he took over.
They didn't had Zimmer.:p

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That's the EXACT comparison I kept making about it.

Rookie HC comes in from a defensive coordinator job and tries to stamp his authority like a moron. His Dolphins D sucked as well.

I really don't know how Joseph kept his job after the catalogue of feck ups over the season.

At least we might be on Hard Knocks.

JPRouve

Scout
I still can't make sense of Joseph to the Broncos. It doesn't even make sense when you look at the available offensive minded candidates, Shanahan in particular who went to a far worse situation, SF had a bad defense, a bad special team, no QB and no skilled players on offense. They used their high picks on defense, so you can't even use that to shift the balance in their direction, the only thing that could play a role was his father's legacy at Denver.

RDCR07

I still can't make sense of Joseph to the Broncos. It doesn't even make sense when you look at the available offensive minded candidates, Shanahan in particular who went to a far worse situation, SF had a bad defense, a bad special team, no QB and no skilled players on offense. They used their high picks on defense, so you can't even use that to shift the balance in their direction, the only thing that could play a role was his father's legacy at Denver.
Dont know if Elway thought Phillips was asking for too much - hence you let him go and bring a defensive coach since you can a) replace Phillips and b) build on the strong defensive team we already have. But that backfired spectacularly.

JPRouve

Scout
Dont know if Elway thought Phillips was asking for too much - hence you let him go and bring a defensive coach since you can a) replace Phillips and b) build on the strong defensive team we already have. But that backfired spectacularly.
But in that case bring someone that is actually part of a good defense, not Joseph and McCoy.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Shanahan was who I wanted. Even after the SB collapse.

Bringing in a second rate defensive coach when our D was one of (if not the) best in the league and the O needed loads of work was straight up dumb.

Allowing him to then cut loose the best DC in the game just compounded the problem.

I'm getting angry.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not renewing Wade was VJ's call.

RDCR07

But in that case bring someone that is actually part of a good defense, not Joseph and McCoy.
I agree. Dont think they planned this past offseason well enough. Think there was too much complacency involved. Not fixing the QB situation, not fixing the OL, not fixing the run game, not drafting good enough youngsters and not fixing the defensive coaching since let they let WP go and its usually not like it of Elway cause the Broncos do things very meticulously.

I'm getting angry.
Id get even more pissed if we miss out on Cousins.

DavelinaJolie

This Jonathan Martin thing is pretty damn frightening.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/23/j...-tags-dolphins-richie-incognito-gun-instagram

Former Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin was taken into custody Friday, one day after posting a disturbing photo on his social media account that forced the closure of a California high school, Matt Stone of ABC reports.

Martin, 28, posted a picture Thursday in an Instagram story featuring a gun with the chilling words "When you’re a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." The post tagged former Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey, as well as Los Angeles-area Harvard-Westlake high school. Martin graduated from the high school in 2008.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Id get even more pissed if we miss out on Cousins.
I can't make up my mind where I stand on that one.

I think he's a good QB and would definitely help us, but he'd also be crazy expensive and I'm not sure he's good enough to justify the cap moves we'd have to make.

Talib is almost certainly gone and the rumours of Sanders and/or Thomas having to go don't seem to want to go away. If Cousins coming means other talent being forced out then will we really be better off than drafting Mayfield or Rosen?

RDCR07

I can't make up my mind where I stand on that one.

I think he's a good QB and would definitely help us, but he'd also be crazy expensive and I'm not sure he's good enough to justify the cap moves we'd have to make.

Talib is almost certainly gone and the rumours of Sanders and/or Thomas having to go don't seem to want to go away. If Cousins coming means other talent being forced out then will we really be better off than drafting Mayfield or Rosen?
Cousins is still young. He is going to only improve from here on in. I thought we could get him, then we can that draft pick to draft a solid RB or a defensive player. Plus what are the chances we are going to land either Mayfield or Rosen? QBs are at a premium this year and everyone wants one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Cousins is still young. He is going to only improve from here on in. I thought we could get him, then we can that draft pick to draft a solid RB or a defensive player.
If we do get him I'd expect the draft to be used to beef up the saloon door of an O-line.

I'm not necessarily AGAINST getting Cousins, I'm just not sure what to think.

RDCR07

If we do get him I'd expect the draft to be used to beef up the saloon door of an O-line.

I'm not necessarily AGAINST getting Cousins, I'm just not sure what to think.
I think if we have a good OL, Cousins becomes a really good QB. Half his mistakes are cause he is hurried into throws. He is pretty accurate. Not to mention our receiving core is solid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think if we have a good OL, Cousins becomes a really good QB. Half his mistakes are cause he is hurried into throws. He is pretty accurate. Not to mention our receiving core is solid.
I rate 88 & 10 very highly, they've both suffered through the last two years with feck all to work with, if we can keep them both for Cousins to work with, AND solidify the O-line then who knows.

The D needs work too now though. We'll be losing a shutdown CB in Talib and Miller needs help in the pass rush since Ware retired, he's getting all the attention now as there's limited threat on the other side.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I rate 88 & 10 very highly, they've both suffered through the last two years with feck all to work with, if we can keep them both for Cousins to work with, AND solidify the O-line then who knows.

The D needs work too now though. We'll be losing a shutdown CB in Talib and Miller needs help in the pass rush since Ware retired, he's getting all the attention now as there's limited threat on the other side.
I’m kinda with you on the Cousins view. I think Cousins is easily the best QB option for now, but I think the Broncos are very close to a significant rebuild (a lot of players creeping up to and the wrong side of 30) and Cousins cap hit may be detrimental to that.

JPRouve

Scout
I was looking at vikings mock drafts and stumbled on that, Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown. :lol: