N'Golo Kante

Rolaholic

Quite hilarious that so many seem to believe that the 5th placed player in the 2021 Ballon D'Or voting is beneath Manchester Uniteds midfield in 2022..

He's not the same dynamo he once was, which is understandable as the best destroyer of his generation at his peak, but he would still provide the biggest upgrade in our biggest position of need we've had in ages.

abkmufc92

We should be signing players no older than 28, even that's a push.

hobbers

Quite hilarious that so many seem to believe that the 5th placed player in the 2021 Ballon D'Or voting is beneath Manchester Uniteds midfield in 2022..

He's not the same dynamo he once was, which is understandable as the best destroyer of his generation at his peak, but he would still provide the biggest upgrade in our biggest position of need we've had in ages.
People so easily spouted tripe like this about Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Falcao and Matic.

We never learn huh.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
If Chelsea demand £30-40m for him, and Kante expects a 3 year contract that matches his current £280k wages (wage cost of £45m)...

What part of that is low risk low value?

Meanwhile Kamara is an actual free agent, 22 years old, and currently earning about £40k a week.
Why did you cut half of my post out to support yours?

You missed out the sentence right before the one you quoted which says:

“So if we can get him relatively cheap, on decent wages and not on a longer than 2+1 contract, I’d take a punt.”

Also, why would signing Kante mean we couldn’t sign Kamara? If we could get both it would transform our midfield options. Kante is proven in the PL, and Kamara could learn a lot from him.

honirelandboy

Does no one remember mata and matic.

Why do people think Chelsea sold them to us for feck all :boring::annoyed:

hobbers

Why did you cut half of my post out to support yours?

You missed out the sentence right before the one you quoted which says:

“So if we can get him relatively cheap, on decent wages and not on a longer than 2+1 contract, I’d take a punt.”

Also, why would signing Kante mean we couldn’t sign Kamara? If we could get both it would transform our midfield options. Kante is proven in the PL, and Kamara could learn a lot from him.
Because we're never going to get a Chelsea player, currently on £280k a week or thereabouts, on the cheap. In any way shape or form.

marktan

Kante, FDJ on big money, and some random ajax defenders :lol:

What a window, pay me £20 and I could make better signings than that

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Kante is washed. It's madness to buy him, he's become injury prone too.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We should be signing players no older than 28, even that's a push.
Wasn't there a report that Ten Hag only wanted players brought in below the late 20's a few weeks back from quite a reputable source ?

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kante, FDJ on big money, and some random ajax defenders :lol:

What a window, pay me £20 and I could make better signings than that
You could pick out better options than that. Bet you’d struggle to sign all of them.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would kill me to watch him in a United shirt.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because we're never going to get a Chelsea player, currently on £280k a week or thereabouts, on the cheap. In any way shape or form.
If they want to sell then it should be for less fee, he is on high wages and the reason to sell would be to take him off payroll.

roonster09

Scout

Wonder why Chelsea are ok with letting go of 3rd and 5th placed players.

Rolaholic

No clue where it's been reported that they're Ok with it.

It's just been said that Jorginho would fancy a return to Italy with Juventus interested and we still haven't seen any reports at all saying that Kante is up for sale yet.

The only story about him is that potentially ETH would be interested. Doesn't mean he's available necessarily

roonster09

Scout

It's just been said that Jorginho would fancy a return to Italy with Juventus interested and we still haven't seen any reports at all saying that Kante is up for sale yet.

The only story about him is that potentially ETH would be interested. Doesn't mean he's available necessarily
If he is not for sale then this is all pointless.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Should be looking for the next Kante; this one is a massive, massive upgrade on what we have, but the wages and his body seemingly breaking down state that this is a bad time to be looking at him.

roonster09

Scout
I don't think Kante is the right partner for Pogba, both needs freedom. One defensive freedom to press and other attacking freedom to progress the ball. We need a sitting CM/DM who can occupy the gaps left by both of them.

Jacob

Talk about it :lol:

Years of talking about finding a suitable partner for Pogba only to sign Kante after Pogba leaves! This could very well happen.
There's a very logical reason for that. Chelsea wouldn't sell until they felt he's on a decline. Its not as if we could sign prime Kante from a rival.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On a free, why not? Paying a fee? Nah.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't think Kante is the right partner for Pogba, both needs freedom. One defensive freedom to press and other attacking freedom to progress the ball. We need a sitting CM/DM who can occupy the gaps left by both of them.
Yeah, I doubt that Kanté and Pogba in the same midfield would ever work for anyone.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Its nice to read the sitting CDM/ freedom to press difference CDM etc. because i couldnt verb it out

Say if we do get De Jong -

which type of CDM/Partner do you think he needs at United?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
No thanks. We need young and hungry players. Not ones who have tasted all the success and are on the way down.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
On a free, why not? Paying a fee? Nah.
He'd cost a fortune. A free means signing on fees and higher wages, wages he's already on a lot of at Chelsea.

He definitely wouldn't be a cheap acquisition, which doubles the risks involved.

roonster09

Scout
Its nice to read the sitting CDM/ freedom to press difference CDM etc. because i couldnt verb it out

Say if we do get De Jong -

which type of CDM/Partner do you think he needs at United?
Its easy to say sitting, pressing instead of using DM because people have different definitions.

I haven't watched de Jong much, reading what ETH said and Hunter said, looks like we need someone like Fabinho. Strong defensive player who covers the gaps exceptionally well.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Depends on the cost, but with Matic, Pogba and Mata all definitely leaving, I can think of worse covers to bring in. Will need to add fresh, young players for the midfield but he would set the perfect example and provide excellent cover to our leaky defence. His recovery runs alone from deep would allow CBs to acclimatise to the league a lot smoother.

Is he the level he was? No. Is he far and above the current level we've got in that role? Yes. Right price, he's the right buy.

JeffFromHK

Love his humble and down to earth personality. Remind me of Park JI Sung.
His instagram is almost all about football, unlike Lingard's instragram littered with commercial stuffs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Its easy to say sitting, pressing instead of using DM because people have different definitions.

I haven't watched de Jong much, reading what ETH said and Hunter said, looks like we need someone like Fabinho. Strong defensive player who covers the gaps exceptionally well.

So someone who can re position and cover the defence whilst letting De Jong to take the ball forward?

roonster09

Scout
So someone who can re position and cover the defence whilst letting De Jong to take the ball forward?
Yeah, at least going by what ETH said.

We need player like him though, we need player who is comfortable in carrying the ball forward. Hopefully for the first time we will start playing as a team, moving away from individualism.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He'd cost a fortune. A free means signing on fees and higher wages, wages he's already on a lot of at Chelsea.

He definitely wouldn't be a cheap acquisition, which doubles the risks involved.
Agreed. But he was the best midfielder in the world last year and has a great attitude. Would definitely be a gamble worth taking on a free or for a very low fee.

marktan

Yeah you’d sign a team full of alleged sex offenders captained by bissouma
Did he bone your misses or something? :lol:

I stopped replying in the other thread because you'd reply to every post with 'sex offender' and now you're posting about it here

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

To me it feels like we've come to the end of the line with Jorginho. He has a lot to give still, clearly still in his prime, but we've had the same midfield for about 4 seasons now and the feeling is that we need to refresh that area of the team, and since Jorginho has always been open about his wish to go play in Italy again, he seems like the natural choice to sell. I think it'll be one or the other though. We won't let go of him and Kante at the same time.