Nhl 2010-2011

mjs020294

Great game and an amazing series. This would have been a great final match up.

Iron Stove

Battle between two great goalies so far. Man, was Roloson a great pickup by Yzerman especially considering how bad Smith and Ellis were before he arrived.

mjs020294

Bruins will win it in regular time...Bolts are getting tired. Really missing Bergenheim to relieve some pressure

Iron Stove

And the Bruins score

Horton has scored a whole lot of clutch goals these playoffs hasn't he?

Iron Stove

Congrats to our resident Bruins fan gbgary and condolences to mjs.

Let's hope we can all be winners tomorrow :devil:

gbgary

are you from NE?
no...colorado. became a Bruins fan back in '70 when i was in high school. the nhl was only on tv on nbc and only on the weekends. it's been a long dry spell since '72. they've had some great teams and have come close a couple of times but always come up short.

gbgary

they just said nathan horton is the first player in nhl history to have two game seven game winning goals in the same year. huh? that can't be true.

Tribec

Canucks in 5 maybe 6.
Oh this is difficult, I don't want either to win being an Oiler fan. Though I guess if the Oilers are to lose a place on the leader board of cup winners I'd rather it be to Boston than some jumped up team.

So Boston to sweep the series.

gbgary

boring game. neither team had much but the Bruins started sitting back and goofing around in their own end. they stopped trying to score, just dumping it in and turning back. got sloppy with the puck and it cost them.

Tribec

Raffi Torres is contract hunting again, huge play-off goals and all round decent play... Sounds familiar to this Oiler fan, and why oh why did the Bruins go to sleep? I guess going 7 games wasn't healthy for them, I hope they get the legs back ASAP.

mjs020294

boring game. neither team had much but the Bruins started sitting back and goofing around in their own end. they stopped trying to score, just dumping it in and turning back. got sloppy with the puck and it cost them.
Not really sure what game you watched, I thought it was a great game. Game two was fairly good as well, especially the finish.

gbgary

nice response from the Bruins...8-1. aaron rome should get a hefty suspension for his blindside of Horton but i'm not holding my breath. they should have suspended burroughs for the biting incident ("no evidence he intentionally bit Bergeron"...no evidence except the game tape and his bleeding finger. how do you unintentionally bite someone? the nhl has made their wishes plainly known by their inaction). the Bruins will have to beat vancouver, and the nhl, to get the cup.

GO BRUINS!!

Tribec

That was a bad bad hit by Rome. Is it any wonder the Cannucks aren't liked when they have team that dives, bites, whines and dirty? The NHL has to do something about Rome, I'd say ban him for what lets say 4 games?

However, it was certainly fun to see 7u8ngo get well and truely hammered. Loved Thomas's hit as well. With the exception of the hit on Norton, I've not enjoyed a Stanley cup final game as much since game 6 in 2006.

Loved this caption doing the rounds as well...

Tribec

The B's have found there legs, but it was at home, lets see how they are in game 5, win that and the cup is going to Bean town.

Were the Sedin's playing? both were invisiable last night, I've never seen them that quiet before. I've just been poking around some hockey forums, and it's funny to hear the Nucks fans moaning and complaining that Boston were diving and playing dirty. After the first two games and the hit on Horton, it's bare face cheek to make any sort of claim at all.

Good old Tim Thomas, one hit in the last game a shut out and can we call it a fight in the this one, he's doing a fine job if you ask me. Heard it mentioned that on one of the radio stations in and around Vancouver one fan actually suggested that they play and expandabe player to run him over when he's out of his net in the next game. It's beyond stupid :nono:

Iron Stove

The Canucks are bi-polar or something. They seem to be either really great or really awful more often than any other team I can think of.

Haven't been able to watch the finals sadly, but it seems to be a good series so far.

204Red

Should Louongo be starting game 5????

I mean really... once he goes into the toilet, he does seem to stay in there for quite awhile.

Tribec