Nhl 2010-2011

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
after the first couple of minutes when the nucks were pressing it's been all Boston. they looked like they were on a 15 minute power play. keep pouring it on Bruins!
Yeah, just shows how little there's in it. Had Henrik Sedin put away that first chance during the initial dominance when the puck jumped up over his stick it would've been an entirely different game. Let's hope that Vancouver can do something from this PP for the sake of the game.

mjs020294

The games in Boston have been a disaster for the ratings. I have already jumped ship and tuned into something else.

gbgary

Yeah, just shows how little there's in it. Had Henrik Sedin put away that first chance during the initial dominance when the puck jumped up over his stick it would've been an entirely different game. Let's hope that Vancouver can do something from this PP for the sake of the game.
you mean could have been. i want it to 8-0! lol

Nucks

RT History Department
Good thing this isn't settled on aggregate!

It would be like 20-5 for Boston!

204Red

note to all players and fans out there...

When your goaltender has a goals against average of almost 7, its not so clever to call out the other team's stellar netminder for letting in an goal from a sharp angle. Especially when you then follow up your comments by letting in 3 goals on 5 shots the next game when your team has a chance to win the cup.

Regardless Tim Thomas will win the Playoff MVP

Nucks

RT History Department
I think the Canucks were probably the better team throughout the series, if you forget about Luongo. That guy is DOG SHIT.

Canucks drop Luongo and trade for someone who won't carry a GAA in the finals of 4ish and they should win!

Zen

Packers, United, Mavericks, and now the Bruins!!

WOO HOO!!
Well it's not quite as bad as those who like Lakers/Pats/Yankees/Utd.....but seriously why so many different cities? That must cost a shit ton if you ever want to watch these teams.

Tribec

Well that was fun, for a change with the Stanley I got what I wanted, been a long time coming in that respect. Now then if I ask for back to back for the Oilers, will it happen? :wenger:

Well done the Bruins, to out score the Nucks like you did was impressive. Tim Thomas well done, what a series! I'm trying to recall the last netminder to post two shut outs in a Stanley cup series..

As for the Nucks fans, why oh why did you show yourselves up, show your city up with that trouble in the city centre? A little respect and good behaviour might have endeared you to the wider population, but with that performance you sunk to the level of your team on the ice. I'm sure that after that showing and this series, very few of the other 29 teams were cheering for you or will feel sorry for you.

mu77

the Nucks fans, why oh why did you show yourselves up, show your city up with that trouble in the city centre? A little respect and good behaviour might have endeared you to the wider population, but with that performance you sunk to the level of your team on the ice. I'm sure that after that showing and this series, very few of the other 29 teams were cheering for you or will feel sorry for you.
as a B's fan I remember the fat gut doing a poem about Canada and Canadians and how they're kinder and gentler , well some of them didn't get the message. i have a couple friends that are habs fans and the wanted boston to win. not because the original 6 thing but because they hate the cunucks and they way they play (kettle black anyone).

Neutral

BTV
That Asian kid is gonna get his ass kicked by his old man....and that's not even taking into consideration his upcoming legal troubles.

Iron Stove

The riots got quite a bit of coverage on BBC World yesterday. Nice to see the game getting attention internationally for all the right reasons.

It was quite informative actually. They also talked about how Tim Thomas got an award for being the MVP of the series and that the 'Can Nax' were really disappointed to miss out on their first championship title. Then the British guy and girl went on to talk about the macho atmosphere at hockey games, which would explain the riots.

gbgary

Well it's not quite as bad as those who like Lakers/Pats/Yankees/Utd.....but seriously why so many different cities? That must cost a shit ton if you ever want to watch these teams.
What a glory-hunting son of a bitch...

Well in & c'mon the Bruins. Nice one :)

Sat up til 5.30am on Friday nite watchin game 5 - fecked me for the rest of the weekend as i went to bed & got up at 9am - not the brightest thing i've ever done!
:D
i'm 57. i was 10 or 12 when i discovered pro football. liked the Packers colors and the G on the helmet. they were on tv a lot then so i gravitated to them. at first i had no idea they were the champs at the time. they've been my team ever since. the nhl wasn't on tv until the early 70s. i was 16. liked Boston's colors, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito. my hockey team ever since. Mavs fan since they started here. United since the epl was televised regularly here...'04 i think it was. Rooney was at everton. loved Ruud and Giggs, arsenal were champions. Texas Rangers since they arrived. other than United there aren't many championships there over that span of time.

Iron Stove

So what do you guys think of the draft then? Have you got any favourites in this draft class? Nugent-Hopkins looks like a new Datsyuk when you watch the youtube clips, but you never know how a small skilled center will manage to adapt his game. Ryan Murphy seems like an interesting player too. I really like smallish skilled d-men in the Niedermayer mould.

I very much like both Stockholm Swedes: Gabriel Landeskog and Mika Zibanejad. Two skilled hockey warriors that I hope will be influential Team Sweden players for years to come. I love the fact that we are finally developing some tough, but skilled forwards again.

Tribec

Well, well, well, what a past couple of days in the NHL. First Philly goes crazy and reinvents itself, for what reason I don't know. I think we'll have to wait and see what happens with that team now, but I don't think it's got any stronger.

Then the draft begins, RHN (seems strange adding a H instead of a V in the middle), goes first. The Oilers introduce a sweet looking road jersey. The Oilers trade Brule and a 4th round for Ryan Smyth's return.... Also take a Swede at 19. The Panthers produce a nice looking new jersey, before we finally hear that the JETS are back!. Loads more trades were done, which has really got me looking forward to draft day 2.

From the previews I've seen, the Preds have a brand new shirt, to go with the new logo and word mark, and are possibly the prettiest shirts Reebok have made since they took the shirts over. I'm expecting trades galore and a few shock picks....