NHL 2023/2024

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Brayden Point’s gonna be a game time decision.

Hells yes.

e - not on the bench. Bummer.

Last edited:

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Feels like one of the safest one goal leads in a playoff game in a very long time, Rangers look very tired.

Stammer at $7.5M is a steal.
Yea, he’d be on $12mil if he would’ve gone to the Leafs. Or possibly $22mil with the way they’ve been throwing money at players. :D

Draisaitl at $8.5 is borderline criminal though, he’s worth close to twice that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Feels like one of the safest one goal leads in a playoff game in a very long time, Rangers look very tired.

Yea, he’d be on $12mil if he would’ve gone to the Leafs. Or possibly $22mil with the way they’ve been throwing money at players. :D

Draisaitl at $8.5 is borderline criminal though, he’s worth close to twice that.
Our long lay-off between series hurt us for 1.5 games, now we are benefiting from it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At long last. At long fecking last we get the final we've been awaiting for 4 years

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Have a mental block against this type of odds; I’ve had it explained to me before but nothing sticks:

Colorado -190

What the feck does this mean?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Have a mental block against this type of odds; I’ve had it explained to me before but nothing sticks:

Colorado -190

What the feck does this mean?
It means that they are favourites in this series so to make 100 pounds you will have to bet 190 on them

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Even in my wildest dreams, I can't imagine the Habs ever winning back to back SCs in my lifetime and getting to 3 consecutive finals. This Tampa team is insane.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Mate nobody but Floridians and random people who hate the Avs would want you to win a third cup in a row :lol:
And me! :D

I was even an Avs fan once. Well sort of anyway, I just liked which ever team Forsberg played for.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It means that they are favourites in this series so to make 100 pounds you will have to bet 190 on them
Avs -175 / Bolts +150 are the opening odds.

This seems rather tight, yes? Still trying to get my head around this as I am so used to point spreads.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Avs -175 / Bolts +150 are the opening odds.

This seems rather tight, yes? Still trying to get my head around this as I am so used to point spreads.
I looked at the odds midway through last week when Avs were awaiting the winner of the other series and at that time they were much bigger favs oddswise. I think if Rangers had won then Avs again would have been much bigger favourites but Lightening team just deserves respect

In terms of the British odds Avs are close to 1.5-1.6 while TB are 2.4 which I think is pretty fair

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I looked at the odds midway through last week when Avs were awaiting the winner of the other series and at that time they were much bigger favs oddswise. I think if Rangers had won then Avs again would have been much bigger favourites but Lightening team just deserves respect

In terms of the British odds Avs are close to 1.5-1.6 while TB are 2.4 which I think is pretty fair
Gotcha. Thanks!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tough opening period for Vasilevskiy. Gave up some bad goals last night. Tampa are Tampa though, so can always count on them to storm back.

Not gonna lie, it kinda hurts seeing Lehkonen and Sergachev playing so well at the pinnacle for other teams.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Well, fart.

These feckers are fast.
I sometimes get Liverpool vibes from this Avs team in the way they seem to be able to skate faster and check harder than any other team to the point where they seem to be a man more on the ice even though they're not.
Still think Tampa has a pretty decent chance though but this is going to be the toughest series they've played over the last 3 years.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I sometimes get Liverpool vibes from this Avs team in the way they seem to be able to skate faster and check harder than any other team to the point where they seem to be a man more on the ice even though they're not.
Still think Tampa has a pretty decent chance though but this is going to be the toughest series they've played over the last 3 years.
Thought exactly the same thing last night in the first period. We also looked a little leggy probably due to the altitude. I loved our response to being down 1-3.

Oh, yes, this will be a tough series, no doubt.

RedDevilQuebecois

What the heck was that from Corey Perry? I know he's trying to play with people's nerves, but that's not helping his team's cause if anything. :lol: The goalie stays in net, but the skater sits in the sin bin.

RedDevilQuebecois

Damn, Darren Helm has had quite the resurrection in those playoffs after meager years with the Red Wings. I still remember when he was the quintessential 3rd/4rd liner tailor-made to play peak Red Wings hockey come playoff time.

edit: Corey Perry has lost it completely out there. Another needless penalty in front of the opposition goal.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Oh #10 gonna get his whooped at some point for pushing down on the opponent's knee and planting his weight on the ankle thereafter to "get up". Dirty fecker.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wow, that was a serious beat down. Like watching prime Barca against Leyton Orient. Still not counting out the Lightening.

Some of the goals last night were beautiful.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I wasn't confident before the series and very surprisingly I'm even less confident now. Still, would be nice to get the next one so there's at least some hope going forward.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Haven't watched hockey for years but used to follow the Avalanche, back in the days of Patrick Roy, so glad to see them back in the Stanley cup!