NI Milk cup

oskarutd

Milk Cup official site
BBC site

Paul McGuinness said on MUTV today that they would be talking a young squad. Many players will be away in Malaysia on the Champions youth cup. There would be a high number of schoolboys.
Those whom are not there but could play are:
Gailbraith, Welbeck, Eikrem, Cleverley from the 2006 intake.
Dudgeon, Stewart, Conor, Brandao, Williams from the 2007 intake.
Devlin, Potts, Roberts, Ajose, Brown, Byrne, Keane, Longworth and McMater they other likely candidates.
It will start on Monday.
Cathcart will play for Northen Ireland.

PS18

we drew our first game 2-2 against South Coast Bayern. no word on either site about our squad/team annoyingly.

oskarutd

CALIFORNIA SURPRISE FOR MANCHESTER UTD

PREMIER MILK CUP ROUND UP

The California kids from South Coast Bayern were riding on the crest of a wave last night after holding Manchester United’s Premier Milk Cup hopefuls.

In a scintillating game at Limavady Showgrounds coach Vishtasp Farhadi watched with pride as his young troopers dug deep to storm back from two goals down to hold the Red Devils.

The result means United cannot afford to slip up in tonight’s clash with a County Down side which held Rapid Vienna to a 1-1 draw.

Paul McGuinness’ youngster looked to be on their way to carving out a comfortable success after Daniel Wellbeck and Magnus Eikrem found the target to give them a comfortable half-time lead.

But the Americans were impressive and they threw themselves a lifeline when Andy Martinez scored. Then Jose Rodriquez left United red-faced when he grabbed the equaliser to send the US side into wild celebrations.

Farhadi said: “I knew the boys had great self belief and they never gave up the fight. It is a great result for us.”

Bayern’s industrious Daniel Chavez picked up the man of the match award.

from the official site

KanieKaned

County Down in all three years. its really great tournament, played against a South American team in one of the years, and drew with Norwich city in 92 in our group when they went on to win the whole thing.
Your right Fred it is a fantastic tournie to have for the youngsters. I watch it every year and you do see some shining stars in it. Sadly not asll make it to the bigger stage.

A mate of mine also played in it years cant think who he's playin for now he was at newcastle then 1860 Munich must actually find out where he is now ....................

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thanks, Tony. Did you watch the game? If so - fancy giving us a more extensive match report?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Anyhow - we're playing Bayern Munich tomorrow in the quarter finals. And I guess Cathcart is injured again as he did not feature for NI u20s against Turkey.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Fluminese are going strong. I'm sure our scouts are keeping an extra eye on them.

BTW - are there any streams for these games?

PS18

the bbc site is showing the finals i think, maybe the semis too. iirc they showed all our games last year.

PS18

some photos from the Co. Down game:

i assume that's Evandro Brandao?

oskarutd

There are 4 blokes. Is Stewart the one going up for the header or the kid who's in 4 pics?
I might be wrong but I think he is the one in 4 pics.
The one jumping in probably the number 17, hugh man (compared to the boys).

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We beat the krauts 2-0, we'll play Benfica in the semis tomorrow.

oskarutd

MAN UTD IN TEST AGAINST BENFICA

PREMIER ROUND UP

After battling their way past Bayern Munich last night, Manchester United’s young braves face another test against Benfica in this evening’s Premier Milk Cup semi-final.

Nicholas Ajose and Matthew James were the heroes over rivals Bayern in sun-kissed Ballymoney.

Coach Dave Bushell said: “We’re pleased at progressing after a 2-2 draw on day one. The boys are thrilled and hopefully we can win again for our great fans.

The little Red Devils of United produced some neat football against a talented Bayern side and Paul McGuinness’ side missed a couple of clear cut chances before they had a lucky let off.

Nicola Sansone made himself space in the box but saw his shot blocked.

Just before the break Manuel Ring looked sure to fire the Gemans in front but his dipping shot was brilliantly turned over by keeper Thomas Cox.

Bayern’s Marcel Ebeling went on a run early in the second half but just as he reached a shooting position his parting effort was blocked.

Daniel Welbeck fluffed a great chance, failing to fully test the keeper with a timid shot.

Ajose finally broke the deadlock, steering the ball home after Welbeck had created the opening.

Bayern piled on the pressure in the closing stages and missed several chances to draw level. They paid the price when Manchester United grabbed a second. Matthew James rolled the ball home past keeper Dan Twardzik.
For those who doesn´t have time for pushing on links :smirk:
Thanks Elliott !