NI Milk cup

oskarutd

Anyone know the line-up and subs from the final?
starting lineup:

1 thomas cox

2 cameron stewart
4 kenny strickland
5 Oliver Gill
3 joseph dudgeon

6 matty james
12 joshua craddock
8 magnus eikrem

9 danny welbeck
10 evandro brandao
11 nicky ajose

Subs:

14. Djialali on for 10
15. Potts on for 5 (James went to cd)

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was thinking about the age of our Milk Cup squad. To play in the u17 tournament you must be born 1.1.90 or later. I remember the commentator making a point out of one of Fluminense's players being just 16 years old. But we sent a squad full of players who've just now been inducted into the Academy. That would make all of our lads 16 (I think Eikrem was our oldest player, he'll be 17 next week) with the exception of Ajose, Brown and Djialali (I might be leaving someone out, Cox? Potts?) who are 15. This would explain the superior height/strenght of the Fluminense lads, and makes our wins against Bayern Munich and Benfica even sweeter.

Also - Does anyone know anything about that Djialali guy? He looked good in the Benfica match. What about Michael Potts? He was one of our better players against Fluminense.

oskarutd

I was thinking about the age of our Milk Cup squad. To play in the u17 tournament you must be born 1.1.90 or later. I remember the commentator making a point out of one of Fluminense's players being just 16 years old. But we sent a squad full of players who've just now been inducted into the Academy. That would make all of our lads 16 (I think Eikrem was our oldest player, he'll be 17 next week) with the exception of Ajose, Brown and Djialali (I might be leaving someone out, Cox? Potts?) who are 15. This would explain the superior height/strenght of the Fluminense lads, and makes our wins against Bayern Munich and Benfica even sweeter.

Also - Does anyone know anything about that Djialali guy? He looked good in the Benfica match. What about Michael Potts? He was one of our better players against Fluminense.
Drinkwater, McCormack, Gailbraith, Evans, Moffatt, Norwood, Amos and Woods could have played, but Malaysia and injuries stopped them. The same story with under-age squad for Manchester United Premier Cup. They had 8 or 9 players who can play next year.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Got any info on Ajose??

This is the first ive heard of him and apparently he impressed v Fluminense.
He plays for England u16s and he'll be part of next years academy intake as he's a bit too young for this year's. Here is his profile on thefa.com:

Nicky Ajose - Manchester United - Midfielder
DOB: 7/10/91
An athletic winger with strong stamina, Nicky won his first cap in England's draw in Carmarthan with Wales - coming on as a substitute for Harry Forrester. He then played the full 80 minutes in England's win over Scotland, scoring the first goal.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things

We had Welbeck who's 17 as well.

PS18

Craddock must be 15 as well i'd have thought?