Nice sack Lamine Diaby-Fadiga after stealing Kasper Dolberg's watch

Red00012

It would be great if that thieving douchebag was blackballed from football for a couple of years. Alas, he'll be at another club in a day or two.
I would imagine a dressing room requires trust so I’d think he’ll struggle to find a top club again.

Red00012

I’m looking for a watcher while I sneak into Carrington and steal 2 of Pogba’s watches and plant it in Lingard and Matic’s bags. If interested please PM me.

fergiesarmy1

I’m looking for a watcher while I sneak into Carrington and steal 2 of Pogba’s watches and plant it in Lingard and Matic’s bags. If interested please PM me.
Guessing watcher was an intended pun as it’s called a lookout from where I come from :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This thread is on my watch list

Having read the details, I’d say that on the face off it he did the timely thing and confessed early. It’s sad that a footballer is so strapped that he has to steal

Robbie Boy

Biggest thing for me there is that the massively overrated Dolberg joined Nice. I wasn’t aware of that at all.

AlwaysRed66

I am not sure what is the most unbelievable here:
The fact another team mate stole the watch or could get away with it.
That some Nice 21 year forward had a £62,000 watch.
That someone would come to work with said watch.

Says all you need to know.

Alabaster Codify7

Talk about shitting on your own doorstep. This is too much of an idiotic crime to be a simple opportunist theft, in my eyes. I reckon there's more to it - malice.

New flash player showing off his 62k watch, probably earning much more than guys like Fadiga. Heat of the moment angry theft I reckon, out of spite. Possibly even spurred on by some kind of clash between them, hence suspicion immediately fell on Fadiga.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Talk about shitting on your own doorstep. This is too much of an idiotic crime to be a simple opportunist theft, in my eyes. I reckon there's more to it - malice.

New flash player showing off his 62k watch, probably earning much more than guys like Fadiga. Heat of the moment angry theft I reckon, out of spite. Possibly even spurred on by some kind of clash between them, hence suspicion immediately fell on Fadiga.
You should be a detective.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Being sacked is all well and good, but if you steal 70.000 euro's, don't you also, I dunno, go to jail?

Ekeke

BBC

Can't remember many top flight clubs sacking a player. Harsh? or justifiable?

Sidenote: Had no idea Dolberg left Ajax. Surely a better club should have been in for him? (us perhaps)
Sounds like he was a steal

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Do you reckon Barca would sack Messi if he stole Rakatic's watch?

Not implying that the situations are the same, I'm just curious about this hypothetical situational.

fergiesarmy1

Do you reckon Barca would sack Messi if he stole Rakatic's watch?

Not implying that the situations are the same, I'm just curious about this hypothetical situational.
Messi’s net worth is about £400m, I think they would ask for psychological assistance if he were to “nick” a watch :lol:

I get your point though and someone else alluded to the fact you could use gross misconduct to get out of your contract if you were so inclined.......cough pogba cough..

Laphroaig

They should sack Dolberg for owning a £62,000 watch. That’s more morally reprehensible than stealing a flipping watch.

Denis79

BBC

Can't remember many top flight clubs sacking a player. Harsh? or justifiable?

Sidenote: Had no idea Dolberg left Ajax. Surely a better club should have been in for him? (us perhaps)
Man a watch for 62 000...£! Some people here in Serbia need to work 15 years to make that money. This world is crazy...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bizaade story :lol:

meamth

21 year old footballers with 62k watches is nearly as bad.
Oh if he is passionate about watches, if you have that kind of money, luxury watches is just one of the first things you get.

Wish I'm a footballer too....A. Lange & Sohne, Patek Philippe surely. :drool:

RayParlourIsMyGod

Supports
Arsenal
I'm sure there was a similar rumour years ago about Ravel Morrison and Rio Ferdinand?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's just a bizarre situation haha. You don't expect to come across this in adult professional football.

I wonder if anyone else had noticed shit go missing there in the past?
Yeah, it’s just one of the worst thing you can imagine doing to a teammate. I mean obviously Mauro Icardi would probably tell you to hold his beer but outside of that....

I know things can go missing a lot in locker rooms, but it’s usually while the players are playing and it’s definitely not done by a teammate.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The victim-blaming in this thread is absolutely mind-blowing. An uneducated, brazen little scrote robs a valuable item from a teammate and more people here seem concerned that the teammate had the item at all.

We’re well and truly through the looking glass now. That scumbag should be never left inside a dressing-room again. Any club that shows interest in signing him should face a huge backlash from the players of said club. I wouldn’t want to share a dressing-room with someone like that, nor would many others, I’d assume.

RoyH1

The victim-blaming in this thread is absolutely mind-blowing. An uneducated, brazen little scrote robs a valuable item from a teammate and more people here seem concerned that the teammate had the item at all.

We’re well and truly through the looking glass now. That scumbag should be never left inside a dressing-room again. Any club that shows interest in signing him should face a huge backlash from the players of said club. I wouldn’t want to share a dressing-room with someone like that, nor would many others, I’d assume.
I'm in complete agreement with you. Why are so many posters so focused on the value of the watch? Almost all top footballers in the big leagues of Europe are walking around with watches that are worth 50,60k. Same with American sports. And Dolberg's wasn't even one of the more expensive ones. Try to google the prices of watches by the likes of Richard Mille or Greubel Forsey and prepare to be blown away.

Diaby wasn't a poor kid from the streets. He's a professional footballer and even in a medium size club like Nice, they get paid a lot more than anyone spending time here at the CAF. He had no need to go around stealing. He was just greedy and couldn't control himself.

Imagine the locker room of the team where he ends up in. No one is going to trust that guy for a long time.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
You've got to hand it to him, he had the courage to clock what he'd done and face up to stealing the gear in good time. Better to commit theft than battery. Surprised he stole from a strapping lad like Dolberg. I said at the time, he'll get a ticking off, or a slap on the wrist, watch.

Watchywatchwatchwatch
6/10. Good effort.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wish someone would give me that kind of watch as a gift so I could sell it. :(

RedDevilRoshi

Fair enough if you have the money, then you can spend it as you like. It’s your cash.

However if I was paying £62K for a watch, I’d be expecting it to be like Bernard’s Watch. I’ve got my phone to tell me what the time is.

SwedishFish

I read and re-read that title about 5 times until I realized it was about the football club Nice...

Will be a decent pick-up for whatever club willing to take a punt on him, hopefully, he's learned a lesson.

Dolberg having a 70k watch being bang average is the biggest crime here.

SoCross

Hope he takes some time off from football to reflect on what he did