Nicholas Jackson

Fallon d'Floor

He's very raw, but there's a good player in there. This is only his second season of top flight football after a breakthrough season at Villarreal last season.

His movement, pace and powerful running are an asset. He's got to learn to compose himself better in the final 3rd.

13 goals and 5 assists has been a decent return during a tough season for Chelsea. He's still only 22.

Oranges038

You have just described Olie Watkins of a season ago. Before Emery worked on his weaknesses. Under the right coaching a Nunez can vastly improve his shot selection with hard work. Jackson too can be polished.

I remember how in less than 6 months under Ancelotti DCL of Everton (pre injury woes) went from a blunt as Cameron Jerome to a reliable box threat and finisher
DCL had 2 good seasons and went back to scoring less than 10 goals a season. That's his level, Watkins was hitting 15 to 20 goals quute regularly before Emery went anywhere near him.

Jackson and Nunez will likely never be prolific scorers, they are too erratic and are not natural finishers, they are strikers because of their physical attributes more than their technical ones.

Josh 76

He's very raw, but there's a good player in there. This is only his second season of top flight football after a breakthrough season at Villarreal last season.

His movement, pace and powerful running are an asset. He's got to learn to compose himself better in the final 3rd.

13 goals and 5 assists has been a decent return during a tough season for Chelsea. He's still only 22.
I'm sure he scored half of them goals in a couple of games .

theatreofdreams777

He's a donkey albeit a very young one. The type of striker that you'd expect to miss when it matters. You can't change that through coaching.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Who has been worse, him or Rasmus? Ignore the vast difference in cost, just their performances.
Rasmus hasn’t even been that bad, the team is just bad and hasn’t created for him. If we created chances for him everybody will be hailing him as great signing.

redNATION

Who has been worse, him or Rasmus? Ignore the vast difference in cost, just their performances.
I said earlier that i haven’t seen Hojlund run a defender ragged in the way Jackson did to Stones, I know people say we don’t create chances for Hojlund but he could still contribute by bullying defenders and making their life difficult. I’ve seen small CBs out jump him. I don’t think defenders are worried about having to defend against him, Jackson will give any defender a difficult time because if his tenacity and pace.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
I said earlier that i haven’t seen Hojlund run a defender ragged in the way Jackson did to Stones, I know people say we don’t create chances for Hojlund but he could still contribute by bullying defenders and making their life difficult. I’ve seen small CBs out jump him. I don’t think defenders are worried about having to defend against him, Jackson will give any defender a difficult time because if his tenacity and pace.
And Jackson is a good dribbler too

Joel Miller

It’s hilarious how bad he is in front of goal at times. Doesn’t even seem like that long ago they had Drogba up top, now this.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
DCL had 2 good seasons and went back to scoring less than 10 goals a season. Thats his ldv
Its because rather he can't stay fit to save his life. Nothing to do with levels

Watkins was hitting 15 to 20 goals quute regularly before Emery went anywhere near him.
because he used to miss bucket loads! Even Ian Wright famously heavily critiized his finishing approach EVEN witg those nunbers.

He should have been firing 25 plus a season like he is doing this year thanks to improving his finishing habits via good coaching.

Jackson and Nunez will likely never be prolific scorers, they are too erratic and are not natural finishers, they are strikers because of their physical attributes more than their technical ones.
The natutal finisher thing is overrated when it comes to being prolific. One doesn't have to be a natural finisher to be prolific. One instead has to have good technique and habits whilst finishing. Especially if the said player is regularly on the end of good chances like Nunez is. Because a look at his career shows his numbers fluctuate wildly as a result of that one weakness, which is curable.

Salah, Hardy, Henry and CR7 are 4 players who come to mind who were never natural finishers initially. Yet were often in great positions to score due to their excellent work rate and other worldly off the ball runs. But through training and dedication all 4 improved their finishing habits till they were (at different levels ) world class at putting away chances.

I personally see that possibility in Nunez especially. Jackson to a lesser extent. Time will tell what will transpire