Nicholas Jackson

L1nk

Do you sit at home all day and just search all things Mauricio Pochettino?
:lol: :lol:

To answer the OP's question however, maybe we approached and he wasn't interested? Maybe we scouted and decided he wasn't what we were looking for from our forward player, it's easy to reel off stats and such and ask why we aren't in for him whilst neglecting the fact that ETH and the recruitment team have probably gone through hundreds of forward options and eliminated the ones that, even if they have good stats, don't necessarily have the attributes or play the way that ETH wants his forwards to play.

Football isn't always about you buying all the players with the most impressive looking stats, plugging them in and away you go. The reality is we probably just prefer different options, simple as that really.

Besides, people in the Hojlund thread are complaining about his goals to games ratio, 13 in 38 for Jackson isn't a hell of a lot better. I will admit it's an attractive price point though and he will probably do well at Chelsea

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
In answer to op he's a talented striker but doesn't really offer much more than playing Rashford as a CF, both rely quite heavily on balls over the top and in behind, and they both don't really have too much of a physical penalty box presence which I think is something we desperately need.

Jackson much like Rashford can also play out wide and possibly that might be his best position, we really need to be looking at more of a physical penalty area presence than him IMO.

Ekeke

In answer to op he's a talented striker but doesn't really offer much more than playing Rashford as a CF, both rely quite heavily on balls over the top and in behind, and they both don't really have too much of a physical penalty box presence which I think is something we desperately need.

Jackson much like Rashford can also play out wide and possibly that might be his best position, we really need to be looking at more of a physical penalty area presence than him IMO.
I dont think the problem is that we have too many Rashfords. The problem is that he wants to be playing from the left, and when he vacates the middle we struggle for a player to get in there and finish like a striker, other than Casemiro.

If Jackson through the middle means Rashford can come from the left, and get in the middle when Jackson pulls wide then that seems dangerous to me.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He looks dangerous on the counter and when given a lot of space to operate. Its premature to judge from youtube comps but so far I don't see a particularly high technical level or evidence of him being a great box striker.

At the end of the day, if United have ambitions to compete at the very top of the PL its going to come as a side that dominates matches, plays overwhelmingly in the opponents half, and relentlessly pushes defenses deeper. You need a striker that is either a physical box dominator or really elite at link up play and technical small space football and I don't see much evidence of this guy being either.

L1nk

He looks good. Ideal to replace Martial if he leaves.
I dont think the problem is that we have too many Rashfords. The problem is that he wants to be playing from the left, and when he vacates the middle we struggle for a player to get in there and finish like a striker, other than Casemiro.

If Jackson through the middle means Rashford can come from the left, and get in the middle when Jackson pulls wide then that seems dangerous to me.
This guys on his way to Chelsea - we aren’t buying him - they have or are paying his release clause now. We aren’t signing him

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Might be one of the signings of the season when you consider his value. I was a bit skeptical against this move for Pochettino before because chelsea need a world class striker, but Jackson won't come with the pressure of having a big price tag nor the arrogance that could disrupt the dressing room. I m interested to see how he does. Surprised not much interest in him elsewhere when he finished the season so strong

In the video, i Love that extra touch he did around the keeper, the movement to get into space, his fighting spirit and situational awarenes where he looked over his shoulder to see oncoming support before the penalty.

KjaAnd

He looks great from what I’ve seen of him. The type of player we should be going after IMO. Unfortunately, we seem incapable of thinking outside the box.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Might be one of the signings of the season when you consider his value. I was a bit skeptical against this move for Pochettino before because chelsea need a world class striker, but Jackson won't come with the pressure of having a big price tag nor the arrogance that could disrupt the dressing room. I m interested to see how he does. Surprised not much interest in him elsewhere when he finished the season so strong

In the video, i Love that extra touch he did around the keeper, the movement to get into space, his fighting spirit and situational awarenes where he looked over his shoulder to see oncoming support before the penalty.
Our hit rate with players signed in the price range £30-40M is actually outstanding. It’s when we venture too far away from this price range that we typically find trouble.

I’m absolutely hyped for Jackson and Nkunku link up.

mu4c_20le

Another player that doesn't actually exist. Looks like an AI blending of Chalobah and Ramires.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

It was a really heavy touch that he wouldn't have been able to get to in time and he was just bailed out by Ederson.

People post the weirdest stuff when they want to believe a player is great. This video is basically Jackson coming on in the 88th minute, immediately fighting somebody and getting booked, then getting sprung into acres of space as Brazil pushed up seeking an equalizer in injury time and taking a godawful first touch before meandering into the penalty area and falling down looking for a penalty, then again getting sprung into acres of space as Brazil pushed up before taking another heavy touch and then getting clattered by Ederson.

He may or may not be a good player but this video certainly doesn't show anything meaningful.

Brightonian

It was a really heavy touch that he wouldn't have been able to get to in time and he was just bailed out by Ederson.

People post the weirdest stuff when they want to believe a player is great. This video is basically Jackson coming on in the 88th minute, immediately fighting somebody and getting booked, then getting sprung into acres of space as Brazil pushed up seeking an equalizer in injury time and taking a godawful first touch before meandering into the penalty area and falling down looking for a penalty, then again getting sprung into acres of space as Brazil pushed up before taking another heavy touch and then getting clattered by Ederson.

He may or may not be a good player but this video certainly doesn't show anything meaningful.
Yeah this. Never seen him otherwise so not a clue of his actual quality, but this is a meaningless video of a short and clumsy performance.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's physically impossible to read this name without thinking of Jack Nicholson.

Supports
Chelsea

To be fair all OP said in regards to the video is that he liked the way he got the penalty. You see it hundreds of times with strikers who anticipate the keeper coming and take a touch that the keepers won't get contact to, resulting in a pen.

Time will tell if he's any good or not. What I'm interested in seeing is if we go into the season with just Broja and Jackson as our options upfront.

Oranges038

You mean we shouldn't get worked up by a 3 minute video of player struggling to dribble the ball and stay on his feet?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Seems strange to get rid of Havertz and buy a player who doesn't seem like an out and out goalscorer.

I'd imagine United weren't interested because we need a goalscorer and a bona fide starter up top, this guy will be rotation for Chelsea next season should he sign.

Supports
Chelsea
Seems strange to get rid of Havertz and buy a player who doesn't seem like an out and out goalscorer.

I'd imagine United weren't interested because we need a goalscorer and a bona fide starter up top, this guy will be rotation for Chelsea next season should he sign.
Feels like we've signed Nkunku as the 1/1 replacement for Havertz.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

Have to imagine that he’s not our only attacking signing. With Auba going, Havertz going, Lukaku not coming back, and Fofana likely heading out on loan I find it extremely hard to believe that we’re going to pin all our goal scoring burden on a couple of 21 year olds with limited experience in Jackson & Broja who is coming off a massive injury.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Have to imagine that he’s not our only attacking signing. With Auba going, Havertz going, Lukaku not coming back, and Fofana likely heading out on loan I find it extremely hard to believe that we’re going to pin all our goal scoring burden on a couple of 21 year olds with limited experience in Jackson & Broja who is coming off a massive injury.
I believe that is what will happened. Nkunku will help fill the goal scoring burden since he was top goal scorers in Bundesliga last season. So your main goal scoring outlet will be jackson, Borja, Nkunku. With players like sterling, Casadei (if he stays) and Gallagher (if he stays) being other areas where you will get goals.

There is also a big possibility that Pochettino increase the attacking output of your fullback, so they could be as productive for Chelsea as Trent and Robinson are for Liverpool.

It doesn't seem like you have quality option up front, but that is what many assume as well when Pochettino took and developed unknowns in Ali, son and Kane and turn them into superstars.

I can easily see Nkunku surpassing Ali, while it is hard to see Jackson surpassing Kane (even though Jackson looks more refined now than Kane was before). Looking at Jackson stats and how he plays, he definitely have the potential to turn into a top talent. When it comes to son, I don't see any of your wide players emulating the similiar goal scoring threat. Perhaps if you get garbi Vargas, then he could be molded into a son type player. But your current wide attackers are more suited for creating for the strikers rather than scoring on their own (beside sterling).

Chelsea new attack is still very raw and they will need good management to fulfill their potential. You don't have any world class talent up there, but you have a lot of potential which Pochettino is good at developing.

Wasn't a heavy touch, he push ball far enough that he can reached, looked back for option, decided against that and did an brilliant double touch with both feet to get past keeper and get penalty. It was well calculated move, that I see many striker fail in that situation.

Woodzy

He'll almost spend most of the season on the bench then end up on loan next season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty sure he almost joined Bournemouth last season

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Whilst I haven't watched the video. I hope he acclimatises to the rigorous nature of EPL football and develops a symbiotic relationship with Nkunku, Mudryk and Enzo Fernández.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess we’ll keep rolling with 8 year contracts then despite now only being able to spread out costs across the first 5 seasons.