Nicolò Zaniolo...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a less rounded, slower but signficantly more powerful Kaka

Terrifying ball carrier in transition, great shadow striker, not much of a midfielder though. Definitely a forward

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like another ACL injury for Zaniolo tonight. Such awful luck for the guy, he’s so fun to watch. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Confirmed now, that's devastating.

romufc

2 ACL's in 8 months. Feel sorry for him, hopefully he recovers quick. I do fear that he will always have that in the back of his head now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is it the same knee? Either way, such a shame, had excellent potential but thats all been killed now. You can come back from 1, the 2nd is a killer though and he'll do well to ever reach his previous level let alone his potential.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is it the same knee? Either way, such a shame, had excellent potential but thats all been killed now. You can come back from 1, the 2nd is a killer though and he'll do well to ever reach his previous level let alone his potential.
The opposite knee which is apparently quite common.

It'll be a tough ask for him as he's quite an explosive player, but with modern surgery nowadays he can come back just as strong if he does the proper rehab.

Ligament injuries don't usually slow you down or take away any explosive power as long as you can get over the mental side of it.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Roma are criminals, they had about 20 ACLs occurrences in recent years, yet always force their players back much sooner than advisable.

sp_107

Barella, Tonali, Zanilio, Chisea some talent coming up.
I still feel we should have done 30M deal for Barella in 2018..Heard we wanted him only for 25M but i think he can become 60M player soon.

Nickelodeon

It seemed like such an innocuous challenge from VdB. Normally, I've seen ACL injuries after an awkward landing, but this was quite strange. Very unfortunate for Zaniolo though. Wish him well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

It'll be a tough ask for him as he's quite an explosive player, but with modern surgery nowadays he can come back just as strong if he does the proper rehab.

Ligament injuries don't usually slow you down or take away any explosive power as long as you can get over the mental side of it.
Yeah the compensation factor, super common sadly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Yeah I tore my other knee ACL 3 years after my first surgery. It depends though, it definitely impacts explosiveness and agility but you can come back from 1. The 2nd I feel like is really rare to come back from properly, mentally and physically. Not sure if there's anything medically accurate about it but I feel like it's much worse to re-tear the same ACL that underwent reconstruction once than tearing both knees, but could be wrong.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How was it compensation if it was a clash of knees?
I'm not saying this particular one was, I was talking more generally. That being said, because the previously injured knee is weaker, you put more strain on the stronger knee throughout exercise and leave it more susceptible to injury.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Except he did it with the Azzurri?
Come on, you can do better than that... it was Roma that got him up in half the time needed. Discussion also here on reddit from a Sky source:

Suedesi

Come on, you can do better than that... it was Roma that got him up in half the time needed. Discussion also here on reddit from a Sky source:
Yeah, if I wanted to have the discussion with 5-yr olds I would head to R/Soccer myself.

crazynaiman

Supports
Chelsea
Zaniolo looks like recovered. He has similar to Havertz's physique and a little bit of his playstyle. They are both 22. I think after his injury his price dropped a lot. And MU have only one decent CAM - Bruno. So maybe he is a good next transfer choice for MU? For me Zaniolo is a brilliant player, comparable to Chiesa, Havertz and etc.

::sonny::

He has a future as a striker

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Can’t see the video in my location but I don’t think he should be a striker. This dude is unstoppable when running with the ball. He should be facing the goal as much as possible.