g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nicolas Pepe - Signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto420

The snobbery regarding Pepe is laughable actually.

So many experts on here and I can guarantee people saying he has a bad touch have never seen him play other than youtube.

StrettyEnder07

So many experts on here and I can guarantee people saying he has a bad touch have never seen him play other than youtube.
Haha this!! I have had two who went mental at me because I said we are buying him off the back of one good season for 70M.

Calm down lads get off youtube and out of your mums basement haha

Chunk of hope

It seems strange despite all the talk from the Lille President Pepe is as big as 6/4 to join Utd , compare that to 1/14 Maguire 2/5 Bruno

croadyman

It seems strange despite all the talk from the Lille President Pepe is as big as 6/4 to join Utd , compare that to 1/14 Maguire 2/5 Bruno
Paddy Power odds tell a very different story when it comes to Pepe,they have him at 4/11 to Utd.

Bondi77

I would think that when Ole talked about being smarter in the market he meant that we do not do deals which involve huge money for players in other leagues who have one good season.
It seems quite obvious to me that the RW position will be used to get Mason up to speed and James and Dalot will also be there and I personally think by the end of the year Mason will have more game than Pepe anyway.

Slysi17

I would think that when Ole talked about being smarter in the market he meant that we do not do deals which involve huge money for players in other leagues who have one good season.
It seems quite obvious to me that the RW position will be used to get Mason up to speed and James and Dalot will also be there and I personally think by the end of the year Mason will have more game than Pepe anyway.
I really don't think we should rely on Mason Greenwood. Hasn't even played a full season. Shouldn't rely on James either. Should just buy Nicolas Pepe or a quality right winger for goodness sake. None of this putting pressure on the youngster who have hardly played.

jungledrums

Well that would be a barrel of fecking laughs then wouldn't it, jesus imagine a day session on the lash with you pair
Listen fella, he’s saying you can’t comment on the quality of a player without watching him play. If that makes you question my character then frankly you’re a fecking moron

StrettyEnder07

Listen fella, he’s saying you can’t comment on the quality of a player without watching him play. If that makes you question my character then frankly you’re a fecking moron
First of all, calm yourself down lad

Second of all lad he was not commenting on the fact that I have never seen him play, he was commenting on the fact that I have only seen a handful of games and said that he has had one good season, whereby he said he has had three, which turned out to not be true.

Know the argument before you try giving it the big I am, now, back in your box

Bondi77

Benfica put in Felix as a teenager into their first team and he grabs it with bot hands and he stars. I personally think it is a bigger risk to pay huge money for Pepe and play him then it is to play Greenwood as he is already at our club and has probably been our MOTM in 50% of his games for the first team.

jungledrums

First of all, calm yourself down lad

Second of all lad he was not commenting on the fact that I have never seen him play, he was commenting on the fact that I have only seen a handful of games and said that he has had one good season, whereby he said he has had three, which turned out to not be true.

Know the argument before you try giving it the big I am, now, back in your box
Knob

Chunk of hope

Are those Maguires odds ha jesus might be worth a sneaky 10er on him staying at Leicester!
On skybet Harry is 1/14 but on paddypower he's 1/2 (he's 6/4 to stay)

But Pepe is 6/4 on skybet but on paddypower he's 4/11

Not often you see huge differences on odds for the same market betting,

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he any better than Zaha? Genuine question because I haven’t seen him play
I'd say pretty similar tbh.

Both strong and quick, both skilful and both like to dribble.

Pepe has the better goal record but then again he's playing in a better team in an easier league.

Zaha prefers playing as a striker/LW where as Pepe is more an AMC/RW.

I'd say Zaha is less risk but then i'm not sure we are on good terms.

marktan

Is he any better than Zaha? Genuine question because I haven’t seen him play
I'd say Zaha is a better player at this time - more physical, technical and plays in a tougher league.

Pepe is a better dribbler but doesn't look natural the way a robben or ribery do, so it really is up in the air how he'd do in a tougher defensive league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a good player but Sancho is clearly the main choice IMO, and we clearly want to give Greenwood/Chong/Gomes their fair chances in the absence of that. Sancho doesn't want to move this season doesn't mean we give up on him, makes sense to give our youth a chance while we wait.

Quinzaine

If we're waiting for Sancho as if he's a certainty to join us next season when it's not even looking likely that we'll get top 4 this season then it's such poor work from us as per usual. If Sancho has a similar season to last then the likes of City, Madrid, PSG etc. will be all over him and given our current squad and position in the league last season, I don't see a scenario where we'd be favourites in a battle like that. Top teams have top players in abundance. City have Mahrez, Sane, Sterling and Bernardo Silva as options on the wings. Madrid have Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Kubo. I could do this with every top club out there so to resume with Lingard/Mata on our right side when Pepe is available out of hope that we'd get Sancho is ludicrous for me. Sign Pepe and if there's a chance at signing Sancho next year then go for him in too and raise the quality and competition in our squad.

Infra-red

He's a good player but Sancho is clearly the main choice IMO, and we clearly want to give Greenwood/Chong/Gomes their fair chances in the absence of that. Sancho doesn't want to move this season doesn't mean we give up on him, makes sense to give our youth a chance while we wait.
Could be a costly wait. Missing out on CL football again will not only mean that Sancho won't touch us with a barge pole next summer, but will also knock a third off the value of our biggest sponsorship deal (Adidas). We desperately need more quality in attack and we need it now.

hobbers

Exactly the same as Bruno. Just a club desperate to sell and an agent desperate to drum up interest.

Zero interest from us.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
From the highlights I've seen (not a lot) he seems like a Suarez at right wing. It doesn't look as natural as with the likes of Robben, yet he does seem to squeeze his way through a defence on a consistent basis like Suarez did.

Adcuth

Get him in

Rashford
James Fernandez Pepe

Pogba Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB

De Gea​

dasty

Get him in

Rashford
James Fernandez Pepe

Pogba Mctominay
Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB
De Gea​
0 chance we are signing 3 starters before the window closes. We would be lucky to get 1, and a miracle if we get 2.

Adcuth

James instead of Martial? Thanks but no, thanks.
What has Martial done to warrant starting? He's too lazy, I'd rather start with a guy who will work for the team. Plus with our full squad around him I think he'll do well over a full season

Mainoldo

There’s full games of his every touch on YouTube. Care to explain how this is any different to watching him play?

Roberto420

There’s full games of his every touch on YouTube. Care to explain how this is any different to watching him play?
Someone should tell all the top scouts so no need to scout player's any more just use YouTube :lol:

He'sRaldo

There's a lot of off the ball things you don't see in such videos, comprehensive as they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.