Gaming Nintendo Switch

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Tempted to get the Switch Lite. I already have normal Switch which I bought at launch but portability of lite makes me think I want it. Price tag is nice too.

Will I be able to sync my game saves between both systems?
I'm pretty sure you can but better ask a Nintendo service representative to make sure before spending the money.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Can’t wait to play links awakening tomorrow, I play it probably once every 3 months so I’m ready for a fresh lick of paint.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Switch prices are nuts. £50 for a remake of a fecking SNES game, Nintendo can suck my ballsack.

Also anyone in Ireland, GameStop are doing an amazing offer right now. Trade in your old Switch and get a new 1.1 Switch for €30, absolute bargain.

Coxy

Switch prices are nuts. £50 for a remake of a fecking SNES game, Nintendo can suck my ballsack.

Also anyone in Ireland, GameStop are doing an amazing offer right now. Trade in your old Switch and get a new 1.1 Switch for €30, absolute bargain.
Agreed - would love to get it - but not at that price

JohnZSmith27

Just picked up Zelda myself. €55 is quite step for a remake but I'll prob burn through it a couple of times and then just trade it in.

Member 39557

I agree.

Hopefully it'll be rereleased in a year or two under nintendo select for about £20.00 and I'll pick it up then.
It's the same reason I haven't got Mario Kart 8 or Zelda BOTW for the switch. I love both the games, but I'm not paying full price for Wii U ports, especially when I have both the games on the old console.

Massive Spanner

I agree.

Hopefully it'll be rereleased in a year or two under nintendo select for about £20.00 and I'll pick it up then.
It's the same reason I haven't got Mario Kart 8 or Zelda BOTW for the switch. I love both the games, but I'm not paying full price for Wii U ports, especially when I have both the games on the old console.
Problem with Nintendo and their games is that they rarely go down in price. They know that most people who buy their consoles will buy Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc. anyway so why drop the price at all? Zelda and Mario are still basically the same price they were at launch.

I love the Switch but the price of the games is ridiculous at times. When you're paying more money for a fecking Zelda remake or Pokemon game than an AAA PS4/Xbox game then something is up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bought turqouise Switch lite. It looks very nice, I haven't played anything yet as I need to get back home to go through account transfer but I like how small it is, will definitely have it in my backpack everyday I go to work. Normal sized Switch is a bit too heavy and large for that.

Member 39557

Problem with Nintendo and their games is that they rarely go down in price. They know that most people who buy their consoles will buy Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc. anyway so why drop the price at all? Zelda and Mario are still basically the same price they were at launch.

I love the Switch but the price of the games is ridiculous at times. When you're paying more money for a fecking Zelda remake or Pokemon game than an AAA PS4/Xbox game then something is up.
It's always been the way. As I said, they might release them under Nintendo selects which are usually pretty much half price from their original rrp.

The games are usually so good that they're worth the money, hence the reason almost everybody buys them. I'm under a massive backlog, so I can afford to wait it out, as any new games would just sit on the shelf anyway.

Having said that, I will pick up Astral Chain and AI: The somnium files when they drop in price and I have Luigi's Mansion 3 on pre-order. Something I usually never do, but I loved the previous two mansion games.

Bought turqouise Switch lite. It looks very nice, I haven't played anything yet as I need to get back home to go through account transfer but I like how small it is, will definitely have it in my backpack everyday I go to work. Normal sized Switch is a bit too heavy and large for that.
Having not seen one, is there really that much difference?

Massive Spanner

It's always been the way. As I said, they might release them under Nintendo selects which are usually pretty much half price from their original rrp.

The games are usually so good that they're worth the money, hence the reason almost everybody buys them. I'm under a massive backlog, so I can afford to wait it out, as any new games would just sit on the shelf anyway.

Having said that, I will pick up Astral Chain and AI: The somnium files when they drop in price and I have Luigi's Mansion 3 on pre-order. Something I usually never do, but I loved the previous two mansion games.

Having not seen one, is there really that much difference?
Astral Chain was £42 which is a lot more reasonable I think. I bought it anyway as it looks great.

Fire Emblem was a bargain at £45, already sunk 100 hours into it.

But Zelda at £50 just irks me seeing as it's a remake and supposedly only like 15 hours long!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I wasn't justifying it, just claryfying a common misconception that it's not the same game:lol:

Having said that, the game is awesome and a very well done complete remake. The price is too steep though, they always are.
I'm guessing they're hoping everyone who hasn't played it will think the price is alright. I've never played it so I'm not too fussed about it and will pick it up at some point.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm guessing they're hoping everyone who hasn't played it will think the price is alright. I've never played it so I'm not too fussed about it and will pick it up at some point.
I feel the same, never played it, completely justified for me, also it's a complete remake not like it's just a remaster.

Shark

@NotShark

:eek: When does this deal end???

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wasn't justifying it, just claryfying a common misconception that it's not the same game:lol:

Having said that, the game is awesome and a very well done complete remake. The price is too steep though, they always are.
I bought it full price too, one of my favourite ever games and this version is so nice. The quality of life improvements to how gear is equipped make it so much nicer to play than the original.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I bought it full price too, one of my favourite ever games and this version is so nice. The quality of life improvements to how gear is equipped make it so much nicer to play than the original.
It's a shame about the price, because some are going to miss out on what is truly an excellent game with some of the weirdest Nintendo characters ever. And that's saying something :lol:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have never played the original, but bought this on thursday. I just finished the fourth dungeon and I'm loving every minute of this game. It's just so much fun and there's always something to explore even though the map is quite small. Best game of the year so far.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Dunno if anyone here is still playing Mario Maker but I finally decided to try making a level. I wanted to do one that I felt seemed like it came from an official Mario game, and nothing too wacky or impossibly hard. It is quite challenging though.

Code is FJM-KM4-00H

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
lilkirbs and thabeast721 are also very good. :)
I've heard about Thabeast, not seen either of them play though. Did watch iiPK against ryu and he was
so good. Even despite the loss, he topped the table for a while because he cleared against so many people. His average clear rate is insane too.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I've heard about Thabeast, not seen either of them play though. Did watch iiPK against ryu and he was
so good. Even despite the loss, he topped the table for a while because he cleared against so many people. His average clear rate is insane too.
TheBeast is on a different level than Ryu, also CarlSagan surprisingly won more races than anyone, specially good at speed runs.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So my thoughts on Link's Awakening after playing it for the first time ever, 6 dungeons in, wtf was the director smoking creating that and how did these ideas and mechanics work on a gameboy in 1993? Absolutely fantastic game, but very trippy. :lol:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Dunno if anyone here is still playing Mario Maker but I finally decided to try making a level. I wanted to do one that I felt seemed like it came from an official Mario game, and nothing too wacky or impossibly hard. It is quite challenging though.

Code is FJM-KM4-00H
Lately only been able to play games one day a week so really stuggling to keep up with SMM2, good thing is though that this game will last for the whole Switch life time probably.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Lately only been able to play games one day a week so really stuggling to keep up with SMM2, good thing is though that this game will last for the whole Switch life time probably.
Ah yeah fair enough!

It's the only thing I've played since I got it :lol: Hopefully I'll get Zelda and give that a go pretty soon though.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Code is FJM-KM4-00H
Cool! I’ll check that one out mate!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
To be fair. Ryu is on a whole different level to the rest as a entertainer. :p
Yes RYU is an amazing entertainer, I like Paco as well but Paco I feel like drops some right wing hints at times, I cringe every time he says I hate the left when choosing a path. :lol:

Another guy who is really good is Barbarian, but he is kind of an asshole.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I played the original Link's Awakening, but watching ryu on stream, I'm sure the remake has way more Mario references than the original unless I'm remembering wrongly.

TheBeast is on a different level than Ryu, also CarlSagan surprisingly won more races than anyone, specially good at speed runs.
Watched Thabeast play Fuzzyness today and yeah he looks quality. Would have to see more of him but
I think his 3-0 whitewash in every game so far with 8+ clear average speaks for itself.

I also found the other GSA YouTube account and came across this:

I'm liking that format more than the tournament one as they get to play the same levels and there's the odd one in there that is more challenging than you'd see on a regular Expert run.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm quite keen on Sayonara Wild Hearts. Has anybody played it? Looks like pure bubblegum.

The developer, Simogo, made a brilliant text adventure called Device 6 -- sort of like an updated, text-driven version of The Prisoner (iOS only).

Also Year Walk if anybody played that (probably the Scandies).