Gaming Nintendo Switch

Shark

@NotShark
:lol: you don't half talk shit.

What "ecosystem"?
Yeah don't think ecosystem was the correct word :lol: had a few drinks on me when making that post last night. Nintendo are obviously ridiculously successful because they make amazing exclusives guess my general point was regarding folk that exclusively own a Switch and buy into absolutely everything Nintendo release at full price including some technically unimpressive ports that could be picked up on Steam/PS4/Xbox for much less.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah don't think ecosystem was the correct word :lol: had a few drinks on me when making that post last night. Nintendo are obviously ridiculously successful because they make amazing exclusives guess my general point was regarding folk that exclusively own a Switch and buy into absolutely everything Nintendo release at full price including some technically unimpressive ports that could be picked up on Steam/PS4/Xbox for much less.
I have a friend like this. Complains every time Nintendo pull this shit... Then coughs up the money and buys in.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Me too mate, I didn't mean it in a harsh way more a laughing one :lol:

You do have a point, but then again you can make exactly the same one about every other machine/company. Us gamers are very weird like that ;)

decorativeed

I hate how they've announced that the "expansion pass" is coming soon, but haven't given any indication of the price. I wish they'd just bring back virtual console or something similar. There's no technical reason we couldn't be playing Double Dash and other GameCube titles on the switch four years after it launched. Instead we're awaiting MK64 and wondering how much (and how often) they'll charge us for the pleasure.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think you underrate the portability factor. My commute to work is only 25 mins but if it were any longer, I'd probably take the switch with me on the train.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I thought Dragon quest 11 was cack when I first played it on ps4 and quit not far in, but I started the Switch edition with harder monsters enabled and it's brilliant. With it being an actual challenge the battles are suddenly good and crafting is worth doing.

b82REZ

I thought Dragon quest 11 was cack when I first played it on ps4 and quit not far in, but I started the Switch edition with harder monsters enabled and it's brilliant. With it being an actual challenge the battles are suddenly good and crafting is worth doing.
I just couldn't get into it.

I've never been a huge JRPG fan but after Fire Embelm and Yakuza: LAD I really wanted to try it.

With my Ps5 not working I was looking at my switch games this morning and nearly went for a Dragon Quest but I ended up playing Mario Galaxy.

Any tips to break through with DQ because I've heard great things but I really is slow at the start

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just couldn't get into it.

I've never been a huge JRPG fan but after Fire Embelm and Yakuza: LAD I really wanted to try it.

With my Ps5 not working I was looking at my switch games this morning and nearly went for a Dragon Quest but I ended up playing Mario Galaxy.

Any tips to break through with DQ because I've heard great things but I really is slow at the start
Well without the harder monsters turned on it's not very good in my opinion, since the normal mode poses no challenge whatsoever.

Even with it on it's not as good as it's made out to be in my opinion. It's very archaic design wise, so if you're not that much into jrpgs you probably just won't like it.

b82REZ

Well without the harder monsters turned on it's not very good in my opinion, since the normal mode poses no challenge whatsoever.

Even with it on it's not as good as it's made out to be in my opinion. It's very archaic design wise, so if you're not that much into jrpgs you probably just won't like it.
When I played it I kept getting killed so I doubt harder monsters is going to help me.

b82REZ

Anyone had any luck connecting Bluetooth earbuds?

I'd heard it was unreliable but I'm having no joy getting the Switch to detect my Samsung earbuds.

OleBoiii

Fecking Nintendo :lol:

Regular Nintendo Switch Online: 20 dollars per year(or 4 dollars monthly or 8 dollars quarterly).
Nintendo Switch Online With Expansion Pack: 50 dollars per year :lol:

Not only that, but the Expansion Pack seems to only have a 1 year commitment plan now.

One of the reasons for why I bought the Switch was to play N64 and (hopefully)GameCube games without having to use emulators. There's no way I'm paying for this, though.

Cloud7

Finished Ni No Kuni 2 this morning. Fun game, with some really enjoyable peripheral game modes.

decorativeed

Regular Nintendo Switch Online: 20 dollars per year(or 4 dollars monthly or 8 dollars quarterly).

Not only that, but the Expansion Pack seems to only have a 1 year commitment plan now.

One of the reasons for why I bought the Switch was to play N64 and (hopefully)GameCube games without having to use emulators. There's no way I'm paying for this, though.
I'm already paying for a family pack, which is £35 or something a year. I think this doubles it. As I share the account with my wife, the kids and a mate, it's not terrible value. Although they definitely need to stop drip-feeding the damn games. I could download every N64 title off the Internet in about 5 minutes and play them on an emulator. Surely Nintendo can give us more than a dozen launch titles.

I'm looking forward to getting my portable Steam thing and running all these titles for free next year though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Disappointing if true. I'm excited to play Ocarina of Time again but the other games don't interest me anywhere near enough to pay £40 for a year up front.

b82REZ

How was Owlboy? It looks gorgeous.
It didn't grip me and I never finished it.

Undoubtedly gorgeous but just felt a bit flat to me. If you're looking for something metroidvania-like I really cannot recommend The Messenger enough.

Spoony

The People's President
It didn't grip me and I never finished it.

Undoubtedly gorgeous but just felt a bit flat to me. If you're looking for something metroidvania-like I really cannot recommend The Messenger enough.
Yeah you've mentioned TM, it looks good. I like the look of Triangle Strategy. What do you think? It's beautifully pixelated with 2.5 graphics.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
All I ever do for gaming these days is an hour of Animal Crossing new horizons before bed. The new updates are bittersweet as they improve the game so much and yet they are the last before nintendo closes shop on the game.

b82REZ

Yeah you've mentioned TM, it looks good. I like the look of Triangle Strategy. What do you think? It's beautifully pixelated with 2.5 graphics.
Is that out now? It looks stunning and I will definitely be getting it.

b82REZ

March. Yes I think it's a must buy.
February and March have a lot of games coming out across all platforms.

I plan to get back on Dread this weekend. I reached the second boss but I'm yet to figure out how to avoid his attack in the second phase.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm about to finish Little Monsters. Once you get past the slightly clunky gameplay and longer than average load times, there's a really fun game in there.

About to move on to The Messenger... anyone played that?

Cloud7

Fun couple months coming up for me. Pokémon next week, then SMT V after that, then KOTOR after that, by which time we should be in January for Legends Arceus. I’ll be eating good for the next few months :drool:

Spoony

The People's President
February and March have a lot of games coming out across all platforms.

I plan to get back on Dread this weekend. I reached the second boss but I'm yet to figure out how to avoid his attack in the second phase.

Kraid? You can sequence break, it's more fun, loads of information on YT.

I love the look of Dragon Quest in HD 2d. That'll be out next year as well.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
SMTV coming on Sunday :drool: Can't wait, love me a good Atlus marathon. About fecking time a good Switch game came out and all.

Cloud7

Anyone on the Caf playing Pokémon BDSP and have a Gible egg to spare a fellow caf member?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Is Shin Megami any use? Haven't played any of the series but I do enjoy a good JPRG
Very tough by the sounds of it. I know a few people who love SMT and they're very much the nerdy types who like learning about how to take advantage buffs and debuffs, that sort of thing.

Make of that what you will but I've always considered it a hardcore version of Persona - the latter being a spin-off designed more around relationship building.