No.10/CAM signing in the January window

In Rainbows

Would rather not get a 10 and use a 4-3-3 set up. Get Sacho, Bellingham (Pogba understudy), and get a dm. We should try and get a Dortmund reputation for the best young talents, except use our financial might to keep the best talents.

beingshe7don

Pogba stay cannot be guaranteed past this summer. Therefore, I suggest getting an AM & CM/ DM player with the likes of Olmo for No. 10. Maddison and Grealish will cost a fortune. I rather leave those for the likes of Sancho and Haaland/ Werner. For DM, Soumare and Zakaria looks good.

James Ward

He is a top player. Not world class. No one would said he's world class. But to say he's a level above Lingard and Andreas is criminally under rating Grealish. He is playing to a level above or on par with Madison, Mount or Ali who are all top players in the same position.

He is a top number 8/10 who could play in an attacking setup at a top team. This is where Grealish is at the moment. There are only a few players in the PL who are above him at the moment. The Man city lot De Bruyne, D Silva, B Silva are better. But grealish is the next level down in my opinion and is on a course of progression. He could get even better. Thats why he should be a serious target for us.
I would say he's even a level from what Spurs and Chelsea have to be honest
He is a top player. Not world class. No one would said he's world class. But to say he's a level above Lingard and Andreas is criminally under rating Grealish. He is playing to a level above or on par with Madison, Mount or Ali who are all top players in the same position.

He is a top number 8/10 who could play in an attacking setup at a top team. This is where Grealish is at the moment. There are only a few players in the PL who are above him at the moment. The Man city lot De Bruyne, D Silva, B Silva are better. But grealish is the next level down in my opinion and is on a course of progression. He could get even better. Thats why he should be a serious target for us.
Have a look at Liverpool's display today? Do you think JG is really a player that will get us back battling for the premier League. Come on like, he'd wouldn't make the bench at Liverpool or City.

He wouldn't make City's or Liverpool's bench, he's better than average like a lot of our players, we need world class players.

For 45 million I'd be looking elsewhere.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I would be inclined too get Eriksen on the cheap. 4 and 1/2 year deal for around a £20-30 million fee would be great business.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Ruling out Grealish is shortsighted. He's clearly getting better after serving his apprenticeship in League One and then the Championship. He's on the verge of entering his prime and has become a leader at Villa. Nobody was bothered when Liverpool were signing Milner, Robertson, Matip or Wijnaldum but they are now.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ruling out Grealish is shortsighted. He's clearly getting better after serving his apprenticeship in League One and then the Championship. He's on the verge of entering his prime and has become a leader at Villa. Nobody was bothered when Liverpool were signing Milner, Robertson, Matip or Wijnaldum but they are now.
Yeah, it's this weird anti-english bias. If that was Carles Gil instead of Grealish, people would be clamouring for him. Only time it appears to be ok to be English is if you're 16-19

Rocknrolla69er

Its sad times when people are saying we should move for Jack Grealish. He's decent but nowhere near a world beater. This is Manchester United. I thought we should be done buying mediocre players.

Seriously like. He would be a step up for Andrea in Lingard in fairness though who should be in the championship.
Can you tell us, who are the top three players for chances created in the league this season?
And could you tell us how many goals and assists Grealish has got?

Sorry but out this lad in a team with stronger players around him he 'l improve further, I think it'd be a great bit of business signing him as a Lingaard/Pereira replacement

James Ward

Can you tell us, who are the top three players for chances created in the league this season?
And could you tell us how many goals and assists Grealish has got?

Sorry but out this lad in a team with stronger players around him he 'l improve further, I think it'd be a great bit of business signing him as a Lingaard/Pereira replacement
Would he make the City or Liverpool team? We have enough of better than average players.

enwhykiid

he's carrying villa on his own. Imagine how he'd play with some decent players around him

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Would he make the City or Liverpool team? We have enough of better than average players.
Big clubs in England and Europe will rarely sell their top established players. If you want someone that would be guaranteed a game at City or Liverpool you would need to be signing Mbappe or his equivalent. The alternative is to do what Liverpool did, which was to buy Mane from Southampton (many people laughed that they had overpaid) and buy Salah (who had failed at Chelsea). You develop them and try to make them better. Then when that works Van Dijk sees the potential in the team and chooses Liverpool over other big clubs, as does Allison.

Reactions: Sultan

Rocknrolla69er

Aaahhhh your a quisling?

Avoiding answering simple questions, by asking questions.

Il answer yours we aren't Man city and Liverpool our squad has a totally different makeup. Fact is Grealish is posting impressive stats and is outperforming Maddison , Mount, and all of Liverpools midfield three in creativity. I think there's only De Bruyne who's creating more, so under Pep or Klopp he could well get in their teams. I find it intriguing you think a young English talent who's created the most chances in open play, as well as scoring five and assisting a further 5 so far this season isn't good enough.

The stats don't lie

Last edited:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

rotherham_red

I'd be delighted with either Grealish or Maddison, out of the players we've been linked with.

enurs

Get Grealish 45m, Hwang and Haaland package deal 50 mill. All 3 can be bought in January.

TrustInOle

Lingard and £30m and I think Villa would accept, and I would snap their hands of to see a deal somewhat similar as Grealish has alot in his locker, along with that drive and determination that we seem to be building towards. Get it done Ed!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Robertson £8m, Matip free, Milner free and Wijnaldum £23m.

Grealish is a good player and would be a good pick up for around £20m. But picking him up for £20m doesn't look possible and I suspect Villa will demand around £60m. We should then look elsewhere, because there's better players than Grealish around Europe who are valued at significantly lower fees.

Personally I'd sign Eze from QPR over Grealish.

OleGunnar20

Grealish is a good player and would be a good pick up for around £20m. But picking him up for £20m doesn't look possible and I suspect Villa will demand around £60m. We should then look elsewhere, because there's better players than Grealish around Europe who are valued at significantly lower fees.

I haven't seen anything of Eze. What makes you choose him over Grealish out of interest?

For what it's worth, £45m for Grealish in this market would be good business I think, if we're intent on sticking with a 4231.

45m + Lingard & Pereira would be even sweeter.

dev1l

Why everyone is mentioning player swaps? They get talked about a lot but never happen...

sherrinford

Surely there aren’t many players with more quality who would cost less?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Ole’s perseverance with Pogba at 8 even if it means Lingard or pereira at 10 suggests he has a 10 lined up to slot in. I’d say Eriksen.

Dante

Average bang

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I haven't seen anything of Eze. What makes you choose him over Grealish out of interest?

For what it's worth, £45m for Grealish in this market would be good business I think, if we're intent on sticking with a 4231.

45m + Lingard & Pereira would be even sweeter.
Eze is a more skilful player imo and seems to have more potential than Grealish as a AM/#10. Eze would also cost alot less but would be a better investment in the longrun.

Mcking

I can't see us looking beyond Jack Grealish, the same way we couldn't look beyond Maguire and Wan-bissaka. If we are looking to bring in an attacking midfielder, then we will go for him, and we will get him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ziyech himself has clearly stated he's not going anywhere in the January window. Not an option.
Neither is Grealish most likely and villa would be stupid to entertain offers in January. I was alluding to the summer window.

ArjenIsM3

Neither is Grealish most likely and villa would be stupid to entertain offers in January. I was alluding to the summer window.
Right then so as per the thread title only Dani Olmo has been mentioned as an option? We're not getting anyone then

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Right then so as per the thread title only Dani Olmo has been mentioned as an option? We're not getting anyone then
We don't necessarily need a AM in January IMO. I feel we should revert back to 4-3-3 and sign Boubakary Soumare as the box to box #8.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Grealish has an amazing ability to carry the ball while always having his head up. Top player in the making.