No form, no stars but...

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I ask you, what happens when we hit form?

The rest of the Prem needs to start shaking in their boots, we aren't even playing up to 60%

our rivals should have used this opportunity to pick up more points, they failed, we shall overtake

Chabon

We'll win the football league, this time in second gear...

SATA

We were shite today, like half of our games so far

I don't know how we got unbeaten yet so far, yet Chelsea have already lost 4 times.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Meh. We still have a lot of problems. But so do the other teams. No particularly outstanding team. League is there for the taking.

MUFCgal

Agree guys. If we can get anywhere near top gear, then this league is definitely there for the taking.

Our next match is home to Blackburn, Chelsea's is away to Newcastle.

Come on the feck.

The_Red_Hope

It'll be all the more satisfying if we win the league on this form. It'll be brilliant to see the reaction of the ABU brigade then.

JezChan

I'm not getting ahead of myself. Rooney returning is a good sign and things are definitely on the up, but remember Chelsea were unlucky to lose today whilst missing Essien and Lampard, so they've got plenty of room to improve as well, like us.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We've been bloody average all season so far. Yet somehow we remain unbeaten.

We've got some interesting games coming up though. We need to find some form fast.

OneUnited24

Exactly we have been poor this season but still joint top and we usually wake up in the second half of seasons anyway. Still i cant help but think what would have been had we not thrown away so many of those points.

Chelsea arent a great team and i really think the title is there if we want it - which we sadly dont seem to want enough

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
What should be scaring every other team is, lets face it, we've been crap so far this season. Once we find our form they're all fecked.

Kelvin

We need to improve our finishing, we are so wasteful in front of goal.

wr8_utd

:'(
What should be scaring every other team is, lets face it, we've been crap so far this season. Once we find our form they're all fecked.
When are we going to get out of 1st gear though? Every week I keep thinking that it'll be the next game but we're yet not close to finding form. When we were dropping points to the likes of Everton, Fulham and co we were playing very good football. Now we've stopped the good football but our defense has improved somewhat.

Anyway can't wait to see us back in form. Hopefully next week vs Rovers we play a positive lineup and not this 1 striker nonsense.

M160RA

....IF we find our form. We have some tough games coming up, so we really need to step up a gear or two.

Gambit

When are we going to get out of 1st gear though? Every week I keep thinking that it'll be the next game but we're yet not close to finding form. When we were dropping points to the likes of Everton, Fulham and co we were playing very good football. Now we've stopped the good football but our defense has improved somewhat.

Anyway can't wait to see us back in form. Hopefully next week vs Rovers we play a positive lineup and not this 1 striker nonsense.
No idea, but it will happen, even if we do the ultimate version of going great after christmas.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Fergie just said we need a more consistent starting lineup and it's been affected by the virus and injuries

Gambit

Disagree with the no stars bit. Some oldens and new found stars this season of Rafael and Hernandez.

iAm20Legend

Rooney to find some form, Valencia to return and find his feet, Scholes and Giggsy to stay somewhat injury free. If we can stay within touching distance till the end of january, we might go on to win it.

lysglimt

Scout
We've been bloody average all season so far. Yet somehow we remain unbeaten.

We've got some interesting games coming up though. We need to find some form fast.
Wouldnt it be just typical if our first defeat of the season is Blackpool away ?

wr8_utd

:'(
Fergie just said we need a more consistent starting lineup and it's been affected by the virus and injuries
Fair enough but playing strange 1 man formations at home to a team we put 10 past last year does not help with having a consistent team.

sdb4884

We played today at home like we did for our previous 3 or 4. Half-arsed effort and just got the points. Wigan just didn't have anyone good enough to punish us.

Q80

:lol:

One week we're shite.

One week we win the league in second gear.

Go figure :lol:

Kelvin

Need to win more matches away from home, its awful.

I'm just holding onto the hope that with the players we've got. We're better than this. Sooner or later it's got to show and the performances will reflect the talent in our squad.

It's just incredible how we are in this position though. I didn't think it was possible with our collective form.

WireRed

Today has been great and all, and it's great to have no deficit to chase, but we were dire today and flat as a pancake for the most part. I'd be more inclined to wait and see us prove ourselves capable of winning away to above-mediocre opposition and start showing some consistency before we start crowing.

204Red

Joint top of the league and just missed out last year (by 1 point) on an unprecedented 4th league title in a row... (and were unlucky to be knocked out of the CL 1/4 finals in a tie we should have won running away).

yep, this is a club in decline

Imagine if the Cafe existed in 74 or 84-86

VP

This is the most uninspiring we've been for 5 years.

The only game where all aspects of our performance was decent was probably Bursapor away.