Noble Pep Guardiola defends his underdog club - "If Newcastle waste time, we will have a yellow card for Ederson, don't worry."

Marcus

Is he himself (and other players) in trouble for not declaring his full salary? If so, he would be really stressed right now. Would explain the even more than babbling.

Member 125398

He's close to a full-blown meltdown. The journos need to be as provocative as possible and hilarity will ensue.

RedRocket9908

"He knows how I admire him and his career, what he has done for this country where I'm living and training."

What exactly has Steven Gerrard actually done for this country?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He's definitely unhinged. He's one Geoff Shreeves shitc**t question away from booking himself on a flight to Turkey for a hair transplant and living the rest of his life in a commune in South America in relative anonymity.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is great at acting guilty for someone so innocent.

ROFLUTION

"He knows how I admire him and his career, what he has done for this country where I'm living and training."

What exactly has Steven Gerrard actually done for this country?
he sometimes puts Phil Collins on in night clubs, so there is that

Water Melon

He's definitely unhinged. He's one Geoff Shreeves shitc**t question away from booking himself on a flight to Turkey for a hair transplant and living the rest of his life in a commune in South America in relative anonymity.
Legendary post. A contender for the post of the year.

dal

I don’t understand this really. FairPlay is stupid, they have the money why can’t they spend it. It’s made the premier league even better, I mean it’s produced Arteta whose doing brilliantly at arsenal.

It produced a great rivalry with Liverpool who were magnificent and it’s raising the bar with us. The Premier League shooting themselves in the foot, would Liverpool end up with 3 extra leagues? :lol:.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's not bantering - he's even saying out of respect for Gerrard, he didn't want that incident to happen. But he's mentioning it because they're talking about stripping away City's titles, and he's (wrongfully) on the defensive suggesting "are we to blame for that slip too?" in a facetious way.
There's sarcasm dripping through the lies - I do not believe there was any 'respect' for Gerrard - not in the original presser, not in the apology. That said, I don't know where we're going with you defending Pep and me defending Gerrard. Perhaps there's better things to do. :lol:

Fluctuation0161

I don’t understand this really. FairPlay is stupid, they have the money why can’t they spend it. It’s made the premier league even better, I mean it’s produced Arteta whose doing brilliantly at arsenal.

It produced a great rivalry with Liverpool who were magnificent and it’s raising the bar with us. The Premier League shooting themselves in the foot, would Liverpool end up with 3 extra leagues? :lol:.
This post is stupid.

Bondathon

Bolded the only correct part of this post…

Zen86

:lol:

5/10

Woodzy

The funny part is this is what 99% of the City fans are pretty much using as a defense.

RedorDead21

A genius but such a weird individual. Prob comes across what he is better in his own language but the accent and translation makes things even worse.

dal

This post is stupid.
We have the best league in the world because of foreign wealth, if they want to inject their wealth into the beautiful game then why not.

Why should only clubs like us, Barcelona and real madrid be protected because of our huge turnovers.

The romantics argue city are plastic and soulless but they have been breathtaking for the last 6 years and have taken the league up levels. Yes the money seems excessive but this is football, it won’t change.

Edwards6

We have the best league in the world because of foreign wealth, if they want to inject their wealth into the beautiful game then why not.

Why should only clubs like us, Barcelona and real madrid be protected because of our huge turnovers.

The romantics argue city are plastic and soulless but they have been breathtaking for the last 6 years and have taken the league up levels. Yes the money seems excessive but this is football, it won’t change.
Because if a billionaire wants to inject his wealth into a small club that doesn't generate enough revenue they become reliant on the owner, what happens if he decides to stop funding them or sell the club and another billionaire doesn't want to fund them?

Traub

In the short-term, the bolded part is fine. In the long-term though, it will destroy the league as literally no-one will be able to compete. You just need to look at the German and French leagues as examples.

dal

In the short-term, the bolded part is fine. In the long-term though, it will destroy the league as literally no-one will be able to compete. You just need to look at the German and French leagues as examples.
Yes, like Chelsea destroyed the league. The purchase with oil money propelled us into the best league in the world.

The German and French leagues need this kind of ownership to challenge Bayern and PSG, I mean ffs isn’t that fairplay.

If a multi billionaire brought Dortmund it would make that league even better, thats the idea of fairplay not making sure nobody can challenge Bayern.

eire-red

Is he himself (and other players) in trouble for not declaring his full salary? If so, he would be really stressed right now. Would explain the even more than babbling.
I think they're separate things in here in regards to the allegations. Like it's not Pep's responsibility to ensure City account for his entire salary in the correct manner.

Nor would it be any fault of City if he didn't declare the additional income. The first is accounting fraud done by City, the second is tax fraud done by Pep.

Unless there was evidence of some sort of collusion going on, but I don't think the motive behind the additional salary payments were so the managers could avoid declaring income.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think they're separate things in here in regards to the allegations. Like it's not Pep's responsibility to ensure City account for his entire salary in the correct manner.

Nor would it be any fault of City if he didn't declare the additional income. The first is accounting fraud done by City, the second is tax fraud done by Pep.

Unless there was evidence of some sort of collusion going on, but I don't think the motive behind the additional salary payments were so the managers could avoid declaring income.
Don't even think peps salary is in question, it's Mancini's

Don't Kill Bill

You conflate two arguments.

1. should there be FFP.

2. Do rules apply to all or is it OK to break the rules cover up the fact you have broken them and gain a serious and obvious advantage over the others who follow the rules.

City agreed to follow Premier league rules and are accused of deliberately and systematically breaking them over decades.

What next? We did sneak on an extra player but oh the football we played was so much better that it churlish of anyone to bring it up now! let everyone play with an extra man if they want.

Fluctuation0161

You are confusing 2 separate arguments

1) whether or not you believe FFP is a good idea

2) whether clubs should be able to pick and choose which rules of the game they want to follow and commit fraud, block investigations etc. To avoid following the same rules as everyone else.

If you want to talk about FFP and why 13 clubs in the Premier league signed up to it, not only clubs like Manchester United and Liverpool with "huge turnovers" then that is one thing. But City have been accused of cheated after signing up to the rules and then tried to cover it up.

Fluctuation0161

You conflate two arguments.

1. should there be FFP.

2. Do rules apply to all or is it OK to break the rules cover up the fact you have broken them and gain a serious and obvious advantage over the others who follow the rules.

City agreed to follow Premier league rules and are accused of deliberately and systematically breaking them over decades.

What next? We did sneak on an extra player but oh the football we played was so much better that it churlish of anyone to bring it up now! let everyone play with an extra man if they want.
Exactly.
You beat me to it. :)

Edwards6

Yes, like Chelsea destroyed the league. The purchase with oil money propelled us into the best league in the world.

The German and French leagues need this kind of ownership to challenge Bayern and PSG, I mean ffs isn’t that fairplay.

If a multi billionaire brought Dortmund it would make that league even better, thats the idea of fairplay not making sure nobody can challenge Bayern.
So then Bayern and Dortmund would be miles ahead of the other teams how is that fair play? Sounds like what you want is league titles being based on whichever team has the richest billionaire willing to pump loads of money in

cyberman

Did Rio really just say Pep would shut people up if he won the Champions League? Not the best timing there Rio, ya big dope.
It shows sport washing works. They’re hit with 100 charges for cheating but answering it all on the pitch is all that matters.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
There's sarcasm dripping through the lies - I do not believe there was any 'respect' for Gerrard - not in the original presser, not in the apology. That said, I don't know where we're going with you defending Pep and me defending Gerrard. Perhaps there's better things to do. :lol:
Fair :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So then Bayern and Dortmund would be miles ahead of the other teams how is that fair play? Sounds like what you want is league titles being based on whichever team has the richest billionaire willing to pump loads of money in
What, as opposed to league titles being based on whichever team brings in the most income based on "organic sources"?

Huge difference there.

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
Today I learned that the underdogs Manchester City and Barcelona fights a cartel that consist of Wolves, Leicester and Burnley. I can't wait to learn even more next time.