Non-United goals that made you lose your s**t

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Every goal Wales scored in the Euros (if they count, considering my nationality), particularly the Robson-Kanu one against Belgium. Bale against Liverpool had me on my feet and I've always liked that Watford counter in the playoffs a few years back.

Zlatattack

Bergkamp vs Argentina in 98 wc.
Owen vs Argentina 98 wc.
Zola vs norwich

Diablodave

A handful here but 1st i can remember is Roberto Carlos' banana free kick vs France in Le Tournoi

David Healy vs England

David Healy Hat trick goal lob vs Spain. Fell down a row celebrating and split my head!

Suedesi

This is what I’m talking about:

“Pirlo, Pirlo, Pirlo..... Gooooool”

And then at the end

“Andiamo a Berlino Bepe (Bergomi)”

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Aguero goal in 2012. Winning the league like that was incredible.

The goals flying in during that Brazil Germany game too. After the fifth I was in awe of both Germany and David Luiz, for completely different reasons.

Green_Red

A handful here but 1st i can remember is Roberto Carlos' banana free kick vs France in Le Tournoi

David Healy vs England

David Healy Hat trick goal lob vs Spain. Fell down a row celebrating and split my head!
What year was that Carlos goal, it feels like about 20 years ago. Incredible. Long before the days of youtube.

Wittmann45

I remember being sick and randomly watching an EPL match between Portsmouth and Everton and expecting nothing and then Matthew Taylor scored a goal on the volley from 40 yards out

It's still my favourite non-United goal

Kearnkoff69

Every goal Wales scored in the Euros (if they count, considering my nationality), particularly the Robson-Kanu one against Belgium. Bale against Liverpool had me on my feet and I've always liked that Watford counter in the playoffs a few years back.
I remember that game so vividly, for whatever reason. What a buck wild finish to the match.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sigthorsson vs England cracked me up. Not only because of the underdog causing a huge upset, but mainly because part of his name sounds like 'winning goal' in German. :D

slored1

If it counts as I'm part Croatian, Mandzukic vs England.

In the game where I was completely neutral, Ronaldo's bicycle kick vs Juve.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Pippo Inzaghi's second in the “rematch” was really cathartic! :drool:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was sat home one night, hardly paying attention to the Benfica-Sporting game I had on TV until they got me out of my seat with this goal

It's been stuck in my memory ever since. I look it up on youtube to re-watch it every now and again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Van Basten in 88, not he one in the final, but the winner against the German's. I hardly remember it, but remember something beautiful had happened.

The 2-2 against Brazil in 94. We went on to lose 3-2 anyway. Also very vividly remember Bebeto and his stupid craddle celebration (twat).

The 2-1 Obiku scored in the cup semi's against Ajax in 1995. They were the best team in the world and only we beat them. Feck off Ajax.

Bergkamp against Argentina in 98 (this one is probably nr. 1)

The 2 goals and red card in the 2002 Uefa cup final.

Robben's winning penalty in 2004 euros to finally kill our penalty trauma.

Nothing from the 2006 world cup, I hate you @SportingCP96 @Peyroteo :D

The first two entire matches of the 2008 euros against Italy and france.

Van Bronckhorst's screamer against Uruguay in 2010.

One match from the 2014 world cup which surely needs no explanation.

Our title win in 2017, even if it was that cnut Kuyt scoring a hattrick to get it.

Moura in the CL last year. I mean, I was happy Ajax were going to the final, I did, but it was just so heartbreakingly hilarious. I watched reaction video's from Pub's and squares for days.

Edit: ah it is more for teams you dont support, oops. In that case all winning goals against Ajax / Real / Barcelona / Juventus / Atletico

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Van Basten in 88, not he one in the final, but the winner against the German's. I hardly remember it, but remember something beautiful had happened.

The 2-2 against Brazil in 94. We went on to lose 3-2 anyway. Also very vividly remember Bebeto and his stupid craddle celebration (twat).

The 2-1 Obiku scored in the cup semi's against Ajax in 1995. They were the best team in the world and only we beat them. Feck off Ajax.

Bergkamp against Argentina in 98 (this one is probably nr. 1)

The 2 goals and red card in the 2002 Uefa cup final.

Robben's winning penalty in 2004 euros to finally kill our penalty trauma.

Nothing from the 2006 world cup, I hate you @SportingCP96 @Peyroteo :D

The first two entire matches of the 2008 euros against Italy and france.

Van Bronckhorst's screamer against Uruguay in 2010.

One match from the 2014 world cup which surely needs no explanation.

Our title win in 2017, even if it was that cnut Kuyt scoring a hattrick to get it.

Moura in the CL last year. I mean, I was happy Ajax were going to the final, I did, but it was just so heartbreakingly hilarious. I watched reaction video's from Pub's and squares for days.

Edit: ah it is more for teams you dont support, oops. In that case all winning goals against Ajax / Real / Barcelona / Juventus / Atletico
LMAOOO

Miguel Garcia Goal vs Alkmaar in 2004

Maniche vs Holland 06.

Maniche vs Holland 04

Ronaldo vs Holland 2012

Ronaldo vs Porto 08

Ronaldo vs Juve

Messi vs Madrid 2011

Xandao vs Man City 2012

Bruno vs Benfica 2018

Fredy Montero vs Braga cup final 2015

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I was sat home one night, hardly paying attention to the Benfica-Sporting game I had on TV until they got me out of my seat with this goal

It's been stuck in my memory ever since. I look it up on youtube to re-watch it every now and again.

Feck off mate.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Alex freekick vs Liverpool.

At the time I saw him over the ball I was like ‘ah not him’. Boy did I eat humble pie that night.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

Not the most aesthetic goal I've seen, given it was a rebound. What made me ''lose my ...'' was the fact Angola were 4-0 up by the 78th minute. And even with two minutes remaining of stopping time with them having a 4-2 scoreline, Mali were able to score two goals in quick succession. What followed was disbelief, jubilation, and profound appreciation.

dovsawv

Supports
racing delft
Bergkamp vs Argentina in 98 wc.
Owen vs Argentina 98 wc.
Zola vs norwich
Who was the announcer that said about the Bergkamp goal, “oh that’s brilliant, oh that’s wonderful!”??

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Messi vs Bayern. Peak hype around him, biggest stage in club football and then he lands a world class defender like Boateng on his arse before cooly chipping the world's best keeper with his 'bad' foot. Well and truly lived up to the hype that night.

Tavern in the town

Messi’s goal in injury time to make it 3-2 vs Madrid, the one where he took his shirt off and showed it to the crowd.