Non-United goals that made you lose your s**t

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Inspired by this thread (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-goals-that-made-you-lose-your-s.456871/) I thought I'd ask some of you, which goals not scored by United have you celebrated like a maniac?

For some reason I remember really, really celebrating Morata's goal for Juventus against Real Madrid in the 2015 Champions League semi-final.

And Phil Jagielka's screamer against Liverpool.

Green_Red

Ronaldinho's debut for Barca was something special.

And the hat trick his compatriot Ronaldo scored against us in Old Trafford. I didn't quite lose my shit to that but you had to just look and say, wow, what a player.

How many times do you reckon players started a game against either of these two and thought "this is the day I'm going to show how to contain this guy" and then just got turned inside out?

Last edited:

Bondathon

Demba Ba. Anfield 2014. He said “this does not slip!”...

Robertd0803

They probably all have a United theme to them because the result did us a favour or benefitted us in someway but anyway Kuyts penalty vs Arsenal in 2010/2011 season in the 97th minute of injury time after Arsenal just scored in injury time themselves. Although thats United related as it meant Arsenal were out of the title race.

Inzaghis vs Liverpool in 2007 CL final.
Both of Barcas goals in the 2006 CL final.

E-mal

Inspired by this thread (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-goals-that-made-you-lose-your-s.456871/) I thought I'd ask some of you, which goals not scored by United have you celebrated like a maniac?

For some reason I remember really, really celebrating Morata's goal for Juventus against Real Madrid in the 2015 Champions League semi-final.

And Phil Jagielka's screamer against Liverpool.

Lucky, thought you were going to bring up the Aguero goal against QPR.

Ole'sattheWheel

Messi vs Boateng in 2015.

I remember it vividly as I was on one of my first couple of dates with my current gf and I strategically planned to go to the pub with her that evening so I could have 1 eye on the match.

When Messi did that and dinked it over the goalie I was shouting "oh my god" over and over progressively louder and standing up out of my seat in this quiet pub as it happened while she looked at me in bewilderment (I had played it cool up until this point as most 19 year old lads do with a new girlfriend).

Classic CL moment I will never forget

Gopher Brown

Sadly, and I’m slightly ashamed, Vincent Kompany’s thunderbolt against Leicester last year.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Some Ireland goals - Houghton v Italy in 94, McKoughlin v Northern Ireland in the 94 qualifiers, McAteer v Netherlands in 01, Robbie Keane v Germany in 02 and Brady v Italy in 16.

Most recently Pavard v Argentina in 18, but there’s a pile of World Cup and Euros goals going back years. Off the top of my head, Nihat v Czech Republic in 04 and Alfonso v Yugoslavia in 00 Euros.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
This forum really has lost his mojo if I'm the first to suggest Ba against Pool:keano:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
AC Milan - Rosenborg 1-2
That winning goal sent Rosenborg through to the group stages in 96/97 season.
Never been a Rosenborg fan, but seeing a Norwegian team beating, and knocking out, a huge Italian club in the 90s, was mental!

Look at the lineups for fecks sake!

Milan (4-4-2): Sebastiano Rossi - Michael Reiziger (Tomas Locatelli fra 77.), Alessandro Costacurta, Franco Baresi, Paolo Maldini - Dejan Savicevic, Demitrio Albertini, Zvonimir Boban, Massimo Ambrosini (Christian Panucci fra 46.) - Christophe Dugarry, Roberto Baggio (Marco Simone fra 46.).

Rosenborg (4-5-1): Jørn Jamtfall - Bjørn Tore Kvarme, Jon Olav Hjelde, Erik Hoftun, Ståle Stensaas - Vegard Heggem, Roar Strand (Jahn Ivar Jakobsen fra 90.), Bent Skammelsrud, Trond Egil Soltvedt, Harald Brattbakk - Steffen Iversen.

That Rosenborg team was great, Brattbakk and Iversen was an insane attack in the Norwegian league, and most of the other players had alright carrers abroad aswell.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ibra vs England. I don’t even know why I was watching that game, I don’t usually watch international friendlies, but I’ve caught it live and it was insane.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
RvP flying header for Holland and Henrik Larsson's flying header for Sweden. Both made me go nuts.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mandzukic CL Final vs Real

Orestetes

Grosso vs Germany in the semi final of the 2006 world cup.

De Bruyne destroying Brazil in the 2018 world cup.

Aaand that winning goal by Portugal vs France in the final

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Pulisic’s goal against City at home this year and of course Aguerrrrrroooo
Sorry but that’s the thread topic. Non united.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
The Aguero goal for me is probably the goal I've celebrated the most when it didn't affect Licerpool in any way.
After that, probably RVN's penalty miss against Arsenal

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Rodriguez against Uruguay was one of those 'put you in a good mood for the rest of the evening' goals.