Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

Chief123

Well sure it’s Man City, but Haaland literally has 4 CAM’s setting him up in this team with Bernado Silva, De Bruyne, Grealish and Foden all setting up this poacher.

That’s different to how City played when they had players like Sterling and Sane as inverted forwards for example.
If that’s your argument then you just need to look at Haaland’s shot conversion and goals/xG ratio.

He’s still ridiculous.

Chief123

Why don't you just look at the numbers in the post? No need to stop reading after the first sentence and not read the evidence underneath.
To be fair, I’m not sure why you are even questioning him. Your argument completely falls apart as he is a doctor. Your IQ can’t compete.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Insulting another member
To be fair, I’m not sure why you are even questioning him. Your argument completely falls apart as he is a doctor. Your IQ can’t compete.
Only your dumb ass links football to IQ :lol: Literally brings this up every time like you bloody can’t stop thinking about me:houllier:

Bebestation

Why don't you just look at the numbers in the post? No need to stop reading after the first sentence and not read the evidence underneath.
Im not writing off Haaland. I never did. The guy is a monster.

But still it’s a monster sitting in the middle of the best possession team in the world. It’s a hard game gotten even harder for everyone else.

troylocker

Only your dumb ass links football to IQ :lol: Literally brings this up every time like you bloody can’t stop thinking about me:houllier:
Seriously though. You should read the entire post and maybe even think a little about what it says before throwing back the exact same hypothesis as the post it was a replying to. Lazy

Bebestation

Seriously though. You should read the entire post and maybe even think a little about what it says before throwing back the exact same hypothesis as the post it was a replying to. Lazy
But there’s people saying I’m writing off Haaland. I never did.

All I’m saying is that this is arguably the best finisher in the world in the middle of the best possession team in the world.

I’ve never seen a possesion team built like this City - when you consider how Barcelona was built with David Villa out wide and Messi in the middle - this is different and it’s scarily brilliant.

abundance

Supports
Inter
What exactly is Haaland better at specifically?
Van Nisterlooij has been an incredible striker but when he turned 22 he had:

17 goals in 69 games in Dutch second division
13 in 31 in Dutch Eredivisie
6 in 7 in Dutch national cup
0 in 4 in Intertoto Cup
no games in Holland NT

The fact with Haaland is that on the date of his 22th birthday he already had:

14 in 39 in Norwegian Eliteserien
17 in 16 in Austrian Bundesliga
62 in 67 in German Bundesliga
14 in 17 in those countries national cups
23 in 20 in CL
4 in 5 in EL
20 in 22 in Norway NT

I've followed football for three decades and I don't really remember anyone else apart Mbappé being so precocious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's got 19 goals ffs, and we're only in the first week of October. Most strikers would be perfectly happy to score 19 in a season and this freak does it in 2 months of football.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's got 19 goals ffs, and we're only in the first week of October. Most strikers would be perfectly happy to score 19 in a season and this freak does it in 2 months of football.
It is almost unbelievable. Many strikers currently playing in the league haven't ever hit 14 league goals in their entire career and this guy does it in 8 matches.

Amazing Santos

Good thing he dreams of playing for Real Madrid to be surrounded by a bunch of ungrateful white handkerchief waving cnuts and he also may have once dreamt of playing for Barca and not getting his wages paid. So he'll be out the door in a couple of seasons. Nothing to worry about.

Ollie Derbyshire

Sorry mate but that's just nonsense. There's never been anything like Haaland in the modern era. It's not only on the PL where he's doing it, it's every league and competition he plays in. He's ahead of Suarez for example in CL goals now already and he's 22 FFS. He's different gravy.
He’s alright

Ollie Derbyshire

Find it funny people creaming them selves over his scoring, when Ronaldo was notching over a goal a game for Real, he was just labelled a stat padder for doing it against the CL canon fodder.

Haaland is really good and his numbers this season are remarkable, if he continues it for the next ten years he could be the greatest striker ever. I do think he benefits from the game being less physical now and there not being many really aggressive and strong defenders out there capable of handling him.
Agreed, that’s what I’m saying.

Stacks

We scored 130 goals in all comps the season Ruud scored 44 (25 in the league and 11 penalties), City scored 148 in all comps last season.

Many thinks we didn't score more because of Ruud. Because he was to much of a focal point in our attack, and that took our total output down in stead of adding to it. Look at the numbers in my last post and think about it one more time.
How could our output be down because of Ruud when we scored 26 goals more than before Ruud got there when we had 104 goals in all comps? As I said Ruud joined a not super high scoring team where as Haaland joined a team that scored damn near 150 goals before he got there so its not a fair comparison in terms of the opportunities the sides could make. City also scored 20 more in less games without a recognized striker to capitalise on those chances.

So if they had Ruud then he would have everyone setting the ball up for him as they are for Haaland he would score more no? Last year City had 7 players in double figures including Mahrez with 24. We'll have to see how things go in terms of whether they will maintain this level of scoring and how it affects the other players with Haaland gobbling up the goals but it might not even matter tbh

Chief123

If anything, all other strikers in the league must be thinking their records and credentials have just been thrown in the bin. A penny for Kane and Salah’s thoughts.

wangyu

Dixie Dean is restless in his grave, a new king has arrived and he will shake foundations to the core.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If anything, all other strikers in the league must be thinking their records and credentials have just been thrown in the bin. A penny for Kane and Salah’s thoughts.
I doubt either of them are concerned yet - it's only been 8 games and they have many years of consistently being at the top. I'm sure they are bloody impressed with him though.

Giggsyking

Why can people not just enjoy what is a sublime class goal scorer.

Yeah he plays for City, and yeah he should have been playing for us, but in very much the same vein as Ronaldo v Messi arguments, just shut up and enjoy witnessing a master at work!

He's class, simple as, and it hurts to watch someone at City be this good, but it is what it is.
Enjoy a player at city?
Eh, football fans these days.

Stacks

Van Nisterlooij has been an incredible striker but when he turned 22 he had:

17 goals in 69 games in Dutch second division
13 in 31 in Dutch Eredivisie
6 in 7 in Dutch national cup
0 in 4 in Intertoto Cup
no games in Holland NT

The fact with Haaland is that on the date of his 22th birthday he already had:

14 in 39 in Norwegian Eliteserien
17 in 16 in Austrian Bundesliga
62 in 67 in German Bundesliga
14 in 17 in those countries national cups
23 in 20 in CL
4 in 5 in EL
20 in 22 in Norway NT

I've followed football for three decades and I don't really remember anyone else apart Mbappé being so precocious.
So that means Lukaku is better than RVN because the scored more goals buy age 22?
I recalll RVN started off as a sweeper so had learnt the CF game later by studying guys like Bergkamp and was never a wonderkid in the first instance

Stacks

Sorry mate but that's just nonsense. There's never been anything like Haaland in the modern era. It's not only on the PL where he's doing it, it's every league and competition he plays in. He's ahead of Suarez for example in CL goals now already and he's 22 FFS. He's different gravy.
Find it funny people creaming them selves over his scoring, when Ronaldo was notching over a goal a game for Real, he was just labelled a stat padder for doing it against the CL canon fodder.

Haaland is really good and his numbers this season are remarkable, if he continues it for the next ten years he could be the greatest striker ever. I do think he benefits from the game being less physical now and there not being many really aggressive and strong defenders out there capable of handling him.
I think Suarez was better. How many CB who you consider all time great or in your top 30-50 would you say are currently playing in this era?

evil_geko

Why can people not just enjoy what is a sublime class goal scorer.

Yeah he plays for City, and yeah he should have been playing for us, but in very much the same vein as Ronaldo v Messi arguments, just shut up and enjoy witnessing a master at work!

He's class, simple as, and it hurts to watch someone at City be this good, but it is what it is.
Enjoy a player bringing success to fecking City? Are you for real?

Last edited:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Fecking side quests :lol:
Its really strange that he's not a person who you instantly have a dislike for, like Samir Nasri or Ashley Cole, or even young Fabregas.

His father also comes across as polite and sensible

Oranges038

I think Suarez was better. How many CB who you consider all time great or in your top 30-50 would you say are currently playing in this era?
Honestly can't think of any beyond the aging Thiago Silva and Bonucci that might even come close.

troylocker

Suarez' had a brilliant career and was a very wellrounded striker at his peak, but he only had 1 season in his career where he crosses the 1+ goals per 90 line. He did so in one of the most stacked teams in the history of the game. Suarez, Messi and Neymar scored 122 goals alone in that season. How good was the CBs outside of Barca, Atletico and Real Madrid in LaLiga back then? He scored 20 in 38 games against Atletico and Real Madrid.
Look at the numbers underneath and say with a straight face that Suarez was a better striker than Haaland.

Suarez top 5 league record is:
69 goals in 110 games for Liverpool (0,65 G/90 and 1,01 G+A/90) in the Premier League
176 goals in 258 games for Barca and Atleti (0,78 G/90 and 1,15 G+A/90) in LaLiga.
Suarez in the CL:
27 goals in 73 games for Ajax, Liverpool, Barca and Atleti (0,40 G/90 and 0,77 G+A/90) in the CL
Suarez for Uruguay:
66 goals in 133 games for Norway (0,54 G/90 and 0,86 G+A/90)

Haaland in top 5 leagues:
62 goals in 67 games for Dortmund (1,04 G/90 and 1,32 G+A/90) in the Bundesliga
14 goals in 8 games for City (1,90 G/90 and 2,31 G+A/90) in the PL
Haaland in the CL:
28 goals in 22 games for City, Dortmund and Salzburg (1,51 G/90 and 1,67 G+A/90) in the CL
Haaland for Norway:
20 goals in 22 games for Norway (0,98 G/90 and 1,12 G+A/90)

Stacks

Suarez' had a brilliant career and was a very wellrounded striker at his peak, but he only had 1 season in his career where he crosses the 1+ goals per 90 line. He did so in one of the most stacked teams in the history of the game. Suarez, Messi and Neymar scored 122 goals alone in that season. How good was the CBs outside of Barca, Atletico and Real Madrid in LaLiga back then? He scored 20 in 38 games against Atletico and Real Madrid.
Look at the numbers underneath and say with a straight face that Suarez was a better striker than Haaland.

Suarez top 5 league record is:
69 goals in 110 games for Liverpool (0,65 G/90 and 1,01 G+A/90) in the Premier League
176 goals in 258 games for Barca and Atleti (0,78 G/90 and 1,15 G+A/90) in LaLiga.
Suarez in the CL:
27 goals in 73 games for Ajax, Liverpool, Barca and Atleti (0,40 G/90 and 0,77 G+A/90) in the CL
Suarez for Uruguay:
66 goals in 133 games for Norway (0,54 G/90 and 0,86 G+A/90)

Haaland in top 5 leagues:
62 goals in 67 games for Dortmund (1,04 G/90 and 1,32 G+A/90) in the Bundesliga
14 goals in 8 games for City (1,90 G/90 and 2,31 G+A/90) in the PL
Haaland in the CL:
28 goals in 22 games for City, Dortmund and Salzburg (1,51 G/90 and 1,67 G+A/90) in the CL
Haaland for Norway:
20 goals in 22 games for Norway (0,98 G/90 and 1,12 G+A/90)
I would say yes. Liverpool wasn't a great side when Suarez arrived. He joined the 6th best team with Kujt as their leading attacker and dragged them to competition. The season he left their manager got sacked and they came 8th. He was the bus driver. Haaland joined the champs who create enough chances for 150 goal output before he got there. As you pointed out Suarez is a more rounded attacking player. Tell me why you think Luis could not do the same in this City team? At Barcelona they were set up for Messi to score more and you damn well know this. You are being facetious.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Enjoy a player bringing success to fecking City? Are you for real?
I'm a football fan above anything, I fecking love the game.

Yeah it pains that he's doing it for them, but he's sublime and I'm thankful that I get to see player like Ronaldo, Messi and Haaland as they are truly elite players.

Ultimately players like Haaland should motivate every young striker playing football to emulate him, which can only be a good thing as it eventually raises the bar and gives us another elite players who will break the records.

If he was playing for Liverpool however, now that's a different story altogether :lol: :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
CL Top Goal Scorers of All Time:

He needs 4 goals to become 24th on this list. Look at his goal ratio! It's wild.

troylocker

I would say yes. Liverpool wasn't a great side when Suarez arrived. He joined the 6th best team with Kujt as their leading attacker and dragged them to competition. The season he left their manager got sacked and they came 8th. He was the bus driver. Haaland joined the champs who create enough chances for 150 goal output before he got there. As you pointed out Suarez is a more rounded attacking player. Tell me why you think Luis could not do the same in this City team? At Barcelona they were set up for Messi to score more and you damn well know this. You are being facetious.
Because he was smaller, weaker, slower, doesn't have as good movement off the ball, positional awareness, anticipation and wasn't as good a finisher, much like Aguero. Both world class strikers, just a tier below.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

He needs 4 goals to become 24th on this list. Look at his goal ratio! It's wild.

Entering top 20 should be his target for this season, entering top 10 seems to be possible next season. That's just insane.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Messi 0.8 is insane already, but 1.27 is on another level. But Messi and CR7 has been doing this for decade.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
erl haaland, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
thy kingdom come. thy will be done,
in pl, as it was in bundes.
give us this day our daily goal. and forgive us our offsides, as we forgive those that offside against us.
and lead us not into europa, but deliver us the cl.
for thine is the golden boot, the power, and pl glory, for ever and ever. a man.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Oh come on, Ramos, Varane, Boateng, Chiellini, Bonnuci, T.Silva, VVD, Godin are very good defenders in any era.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Messi 0.8 is insane already, but 1.27 is on another level. But Messi and CR7 has been doing this for decade.
Both Messi and Cristiano started out as wingers though. Still Haaland's ratio is incredible especially considering he only just arrived from Dortmund.

Handré1990

Don’t think Suarez could have done the same, not a chance. Simply because being obsessed with goalscoring wasn’t his game, whatever way you try to spin it he wouldn’t get the same chances as Haaland gets. As a striker (whos job it is to score goals, unless this isn’t football anymore?) Haaland’s dicipline and movement in the box makes it easy to find him. RvN i concede could have come closest, but not quite to the same level. As has been pointed out, xg stats are available…

Canagel

Everytime I see this list it just puts into perspective how unlucky Van Nistelrooy was. Far better ratio than most of the people on this list yet no CL to show for his efforts.