Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Surprising that City accepted a player with a release clause. But then again they're very relaxed with letting players leave. With the exception of De Bruyne and maybe Foden, every one of their players have been linked with moves out.
Why not? €150 million (£128 million) and €200 million (£170 million) is 2x/3x of the transfer fee City paid for his service. The best way for a club to keep a player is success on the pitch and salary, not the length of the contract.

NewUser777

The interesting thing with Haaland in this city team, is they are more vulnerable at the back and are relying on some superstar moments more so.
Yesterday was two wonder goals rather than team built goals you associate with City.
They could and should have lost against Villa.
They were 2-0 down Palace and 3-1 down to Newcastle.

Interested to see if that continues (they will still blow away the really bad teams and put 4-5 against them). But teams that go at them, can see some more high scoring games.
Didnt you just describe every city start to a season? How does a number 9 contribute to letting in goals?

They identify instant that tempo is the problem. I’m glad we finally did, and are still some sort of mix.

footballbite

Why not? €150 million (£128 million) and €200 million (£170 million) is 2x/3x of the transfer fee City paid for his service. The best way for a club to keep a player is success on the pitch and salary, not the length of the contract.
The lower release clause doesn't even kick in for four years anyway, at which point Pep likely won't be there any more either.

So Haaland might be more eager to move on, but City would still get top whack for him.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
That's why I don't get all the doom and gloom. So far, he has shown to be a limited one trick pony. There's no variety in his finishes. He can't change the game on his own. As long as he doesn't start firing deadly long-range shots, we should be able to deal with him.
:lol:

keithsingleton

Both goals should have been saved but Haaland showed great technique for the goal and goalscorers will always get a little luck along the way
Sadly theres no luck involved, that type of goal will be become his trade mark in months to come. He will score similar goals like that when De Bruyne puts them on a sixpence for him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What are the odds of Haaland becoming the all-time CL top scorer?

He has 26 CL goals in 21 games. A goal ratio of 1.24 goals per game. I have never seen a guy this young (22) with such statistics across 3 clubs (Salzburg, Dortmund and now City) and 3 different leagues.

A 37.5 year old C. Ronaldo has 140 goals in 183 appearances. A 2.5 year younger Messi has 126 goals in 158 games.

In comparison C. Ronaldo first reached 26 CL goals by the age of 26.

On the other hand Mbappé has scored 36 CL goals in 55 games. He has 4 more CL group stage games to score in before he turns 24.

Hard NOT to see both of them breaking the records of Messi and C. Ronaldo barring injuries. Not sure if that is a testament to an even higher disparity between teams now, a lower level in football in terms of talent or young Haaland and young Mbappé simply being better goal scorers? Talent wise and in terms of their overall game (in particular in the case of Msssi), the two ”old ones” are the superior talents and players. That I have no doubt about.
Messi is absolutely the most talented player I've seen, but I don't think CR7 is any more talented than Mbappe or Haaland. I actually think the two of them are just as talented, if not more. They're far, far ahead of him in the numbers, they came out with more tools to their game than CR7 who's had to develop it over time. It doesn't mean they will have a greater career (it's tough to beat 5 CLs and Ballon d'Ors), but for me talent is the mentality, the skills, the finishing, the football IQ/movement, the ability to stay consistent, and the moments of genius, and thus far there's nothing to indicate CR7 displayed more talent than those two IMHO, but it's always going to be a losing battle to compare a legend to players in the first half of their careers.

Spoony

The People's President
RVN would've smashed all records had he been playing for a great side in the current era. As for Haaland, he's lethal but he's a pure number 9. Here's me thinking they've gone out of favour.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I haven't seen that, but if they've covered all that he is, it should put to bed the notion of him being a poacher because he does so much more than that. There's a lot of how's and why's with him that should be asked well before goals, if people are being comprehensive in assessing him. That's where what he is becomes really interesting.
I think that nearly everyone who says he is just a poacher genuinely havent watched any Dortmund games. Or bothered to watch a YouTube highlight reel.

His main strength is above all positioning to break through the defensive line. Its just high football IQ. There is just no way you score at a goal per game rate in every club or national team youve palyed for without being an absolute master at reading the game. What Haaland does best is keep distance between himself and defenders, that way he is always facing the right way to receive the ball when it gets played while running at full speed. I see quite a few people suggest that because he touches the ball little, he is a liability to City, but for some reason it doesnt occur to anyone that City plays the way Pep instructs them to. Having Haaland as the final ball recepient is the feature, not a bug.

The majority of Haalands goals come after successfully breaking free from defenders to put himself in a shooting position inside the 16m area, or as a through ball. Teams just cant play a high back line against someone like that, its going to end badly every single time, so just by excisting on the pitch, teams by necessity adapt to the threat he poses for the space behind them.

This goal compilation from the Dortmund era highlights the point of Haaland being the intended recepient of the final ball. Its a mix between Haaland positioning himself in the 16m box to receive the pass, or him breaking free to either get to the ball first, or straight up creating a space for himself past the defensive line to score against the keeper. He is a striker, that the entire point of the player.

Sylar

Didnt you just describe every city start to a season? How does a number 9 contribute to letting in goals?

They identify instant that tempo is the problem. I’m glad we finally did, and are still some sort of mix.
The extra midfielder creates that extra passing option when building up which is what they've had before. Now it's a bit different. I think it will lead to a better chance in the champions League for them because they missed the finisher for that. But also thats why I said I'm interested to see what happens through the season.

The advantage of a bigger quality squad (and five subs should pep wish to use it) means they can be fresher as the season goes on.
But the extra midfielder (false nine) going could lead to possession not being as strong as recently (still expect dominance saying that) meaning chances for opponents.
I think for last season when they had sterling, Kane was the perfect striker due to the way he can drop deep and his passing is good.

However with sterling gone, haaland being an out and out striker will see them crush chances and teams they are expected to take care of.
Think haaland could be the difference between another semi final loss and actually winning the CL

For another discussion I am really intrigued to see if haaland is rotated at all. Pep tends to swap players here and there but it looks like haaland will be name number one or two on the team sheet and will likely play every game

Anderson_7_

I mean it doesn't mean we have to 'watch' it like we have a hard on for him.
Our fans are in love with him, that's obvious. To be fair, I was reading RAWK and other forums and it's the same shit over there. His fanboys are popping up everywhere; in the places you least expect them. It’s becoming more and more like a cult.

All this fawning and he's yet to face a serious club this season.

CrockedRain

Supports
Madrid
Messi is absolutely the most talented player I've seen, but I don't think CR7 is any more talented than Mbappe or Haaland. I actually think the two of them are just as talented, if not more. They're far, far ahead of him in the numbers, they came out with more tools to their game than CR7 who's had to develop it over time. It doesn't mean they will have a greater career (it's tough to beat 5 CLs and Ballon d'Ors), but for me talent is the mentality, the skills, the finishing, the football IQ/movement, the ability to stay consistent, and the moments of genius, and thus far there's nothing to indicate CR7 displayed more talent than those two IMHO, but it's always going to be a losing battle to compare a legend to players in the first half of their careers.
When Ronaldo was 21-22 people already debated if he was better than George Best ever been, Mbappe is nearly 24 and yet to be the undisputed best player in the world, In fact, He's inferior to players that a 30s Ronaldo (past his prime) made a second fiddle.
Haaland isn't even in the same bracket, His overall game is average at best.

CarbonStoolBites

Although he is a City player I find it hard to dislike him, in a world of insufferable normie boring footballers, his nonchalant and awkward demeanor is quite endearing, he gives no fecks at all, plus a supreme footballer to boot.

I like the lad, too bad he’s playing for the wrong club in the right city, oh well.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
When Ronaldo was 21-22 people already debated if he was better than George Best ever been, Mbappe is nearly 24 and yet to be the undisputed best player in the world, In fact, He's inferior to players that a 30s Ronaldo (past his prime) made a second fiddle.
CR7 rose up in a transitioning era. Zidane/R9 era was declining/over, R10's partying days caught up to him, the competition isn't the same as far as individual awards as what Mbappe or Haaland are growing up into. The fact is Mbappe at 19 had more goals in knock out world cup games than CR7 (or Messi for that matter) have in their entire careers. In the CL, CR7 isn't even registering close to either of them at the same age, assists or goals in Mbappe's case. I mean they were comparing Mbappe to Pele at 19, so the whole George Best bit is as silly as the Pele comparisons, that's just media hype and doesn't belong in the debate IMO. So being the "undisputed" player in the world in a weaker era isn't a notch on CR7's belt if I'm comparing him to Mbappe or Haaland at the same age. They're very different players, I think you can more aptly compare CR7 to Mbappe, and the comparisons don't flatter the Portugese if we look at the stats, even CR7's Ballon d'Or year. The year before that, Kaka' won and Messi was second to CR7's third, so he wasn't the undisputed best player in the world, it was very much a toss-up even back then and Messi swiftly took over the year after.
You can tell me his stats mean more because he played in the mighty PL, but that doesn't mean anything to me, he was in the best team at the time and Mbappe would wreck that league just as Haaland is doing now because it's massively overrated for players of that talent, not to mention they've scored against every English team they came across in the CL.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
[
I think that nearly everyone who says he is just a poacher genuinely havent watched any Dortmund games. Or bothered to watch a YouTube highlight reel.

His main strength is above all positioning to break through the defensive line. Its just high football IQ. There is just no way you score at a goal per game rate in every club or national team youve palyed for without being an absolute master at reading the game. What Haaland does best is keep distance between himself and defenders, that way he is always facing the right way to receive the ball when it gets played while running at full speed. I see quite a few people suggest that because he touches the ball little, he is a liability to City, but for some reason it doesnt occur to anyone that City plays the way Pep instructs them to. Having Haaland as the final ball recepient is the feature, not a bug.

The majority of Haalands goals come after successfully breaking free from defenders to put himself in a shooting position inside the 16m area, or as a through ball. Teams just cant play a high back line against someone like that, its going to end badly every single time, so just by excisting on the pitch, teams by necessity adapt to the threat he poses for the space behind them.

This goal compilation from the Dortmund era highlights the point of Haaland being the intended recepient of the final ball. Its a mix between Haaland positioning himself in the 16m box to receive the pass, or him breaking free to either get to the ball first, or straight up creating a space for himself past the defensive line to score against the keeper. He is a striker, that the entire point of the player.

Yes, a lot of good points in this post. He's a dynamic, reactive player; not simply running on linear tracks that will have him 'found out' - defenders have to match his smarts first and foremost and then worry about the stupid amount of athleticism he has. If you're a slow-thinking defender, he will have you on skates, and if you're a quicker-minded defender, you've still got to handle him and what he's presenting. You also can't switch off, so concentration is also a must.

He should have some tough encounters through the season, but I won't expect many.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The extra midfielder creates that extra passing option when building up which is what they've had before. Now it's a bit different. I think it will lead to a better chance in the champions League for them because they missed the finisher for that. But also thats why I said I'm interested to see what happens through the season.

The advantage of a bigger quality squad (and five subs should pep wish to use it) means they can be fresher as the season goes on.
But the extra midfielder (false nine) going could lead to possession not being as strong as recently (still expect dominance saying that) meaning chances for opponents.
I think for last season when they had sterling, Kane was the perfect striker due to the way he can drop deep and his passing is good.

However with sterling gone, haaland being an out and out striker will see them crush chances and teams they are expected to take care of.
Think haaland could be the difference between another semi final loss and actually winning the CL

For another discussion I am really intrigued to see if haaland is rotated at all. Pep tends to swap players here and there but it looks like haaland will be name number one or two on the team sheet and will likely play every game
Their extra man is Cancelo, though. When you have a full-back who is basically a play-maker, it creates a ridiculous proposition to even get at him, so subtle balls supplied from the phantom midfielder will be more prominent now.

City are finding their feet rather than missing a certain something - it's only September and they're forumulating a new way of playing that caters to not just Haaland but a different approach to breaking the opposition down. A system that wants more vertical action and sharp transitions into the spaces Haaland is generating with his movement and demands.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Where on earth was this debate happening?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
[

Yes, a lot of good points in this post. He's a dynamic, reactive player; not simply running on linear tracks that will have him 'found out' - defenders have to match his smarts first and foremost and then worry about the stupid amount of athleticism he has. If you're a slow-thinking defender, he will have you on skates, and if you're a quicker-minded defender, you've still got to handle him and what he's presenting. You also can't switch off, so concentration is also a must.

He should have some tough encounters through the season, but I won't expect many.
Kimpembe in the return leg of Dortmund-PSG did the best job against him that I've seen anybody do. He basically bullied him all game. The thing with Haaland, I feel he will deal with the Shaq-effect that the NBA had where, I could be wrong, but I could see defenders being allowed to be rougher on him without getting called for fouls they normally would because of how big and strong Haaland is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Kimpembe in the return leg of Dortmund-PSG did the best job against him that I've seen anybody do. He basically bullied him all game. The thing with Haaland, I feel he will deal with the Shaq-effect that the NBA had where, I could be wrong, but I could see defenders being allowed to be rougher on him without getting called for fouls they normally would because of how big and strong Haaland is.
That'll be quite something, but I think Pep's power of influence will shut that avenue down if it gets too rowdy and blatant.

It would be interesting to see if it reaps dividends also, because he can just move wider and use his pace outright like light, wiry players do as he doesn't necessarily have to play touch tight to defenders to leave them for dead.

CrockedRain

Supports
Madrid
CR7 rose up in a transitioning era. Zidane/R9 era was declining/over, R10's partying days caught up to him, the competition isn't the same as far as individual awards as what Mbappe or Haaland are growing up into. The fact is Mbappe at 19 had more goals in knock out world cup games than CR7 (or Messi for that matter) have in their entire careers. In the CL, CR7 isn't even registering close to either of them at the same age, assists or goals in Mbappe's case. I mean they were comparing Mbappe to Pele at 19, so the whole George Best bit is as silly as the Pele comparisons, that's just media hype and doesn't belong in the debate IMO. So being the "undisputed" player in the world in a weaker era isn't a notch in CR7's book if I'm comparing him to Mbappe or Haaland at the same age. They're very different players, I think you can more aptly compare CR7 to Mbappe, and the comparisons don't flatter the Portugese if we look at the stats, even CR7's Ballon d'Or year. The year before that, Kaka' won and Messi was second to CR7's third, so he wasn't the undisputed player in the world, it was very much a toss-up even back then and Messi swiftly took over the year after.
You can tell me his stats mean more because he played in the mighty PL, but that doesn't mean anything to me, he was in the best team at the time and Mbappe would wreck that league just as Haaland is doing now because it's massively overrated for players of that talent.
Ronaldo played as a wide midfielder in strict 4-4-2 system, At that time it was expected from a players in that position to score 5 goals a year, This is such a poor take i can't even bother getting into it thoroughly, lacking context in everything.
It's funny how you claim 2006-2008 was weaker era considering the conventionally best players in the world at the moment are post-their-prime versions of players which been in the shadows of both Messi and Ronaldo for over a decade, imo individual level at the moment is at its lowest since the early-mid 90s, Team tactics and efficiency are just much better, Making it easier to be on the scoresheets, Meaning comparing stats across generations is always a very poor taste argument, If that was the case then no player between the 50-60s to Messi/Ronaldo era is even worthy of being in the top 25 list.
Nobody ever claimed Mbappe was better than Pele, They claimed similarity in their career trajectory and maybe playstyle (Which imo isn't similar at all), Akin to Messi comparisons to Maradona in 2006. With Ronaldo the debate was about him already being better than George Best.
Ronaldo was already *much* better than Kaka in 2006-2007, He basically lost the ballon d'or because of 2 wonder games at the final stretch of the season, He finished second not third btw.

Halftrack

Our fans are in love with him, that's obvious. To be fair, I was reading RAWK and other forums and it's the same shit over there. His fanboys are popping up everywhere; in the places you least expect them. It’s becoming more and more like a cult.

All this fawning and he's yet to face a serious club this season.
Are you just trying to will all your insane predictions (flop, fraud, lucky to score 10-15, benched by Alvarez, Pep won't know how to utilise him, another Werner, identical to Nunez) into reality through posting?

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
His overall game is average at best.
Who cares about his overall game? Who cares if he isn't as good as Pele? Teams pay for him to stand in and around the box and receive the final ball. Both Dortmund and Pep's City are teams who have traditionally played with highly mobile strikers, and yet they felt it was worth adapting their philosophy to suit Haaland. If Haaland leads City to CL success and then has a career similar to Messi/CR7 then at worst he will fall into the same tier as Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maldini and Matthaus (tier 2). Good enough for City/Real (except maybe you)/Bayern fans.

CrockedRain

Supports
Madrid
Who cares about his overall game? Who cares if he isn't as good as Pele? Teams pay for him to stand in and around the box and receive the final ball. Both Dortmund and Pep's City are teams who have traditionally played with highly mobile strikers, and yet they felt it was worth adapting their philosophy to suit Haaland. If Haaland leads City to CL success and then has a career similar to Messi/CR7 then at worst he will fall into the same tier as Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maldini and Matthaus (tier 2). Good enough for City/Real (except maybe you)/Bayern fans.
I never criticized Haaland (I'd believe his overall game is average but that's fine as long as he's doing what he supposed to do best), only responded to the poor "natural talent" argument the other dude made

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ronaldo played as a wide midfielder in strict 4-4-2 system, At that time it was expected from a players in that position to score 5 goals a year, This is such a poor take i can't even bother getting into it thoroughly, lacking context in everything.
It's funny how you claim 2006-2008 was weaker era considering the conventionally best players in the world at the moment are post-their-prime versions of players which been in the shadows of both Messi and Ronaldo for over a decade, imo individual level at the moment is at its lowest since the early-mid 90s, Team tactics and efficiency are just much better, Making it easier to be on the scoresheets, Meaning comparing stats across generations is always a very poor taste argument, If that was the case then no player between the 50-60s to Messi/Ronaldo era is even worthy of being in the top 25 list.
Nobody ever claimed Mbappe was better than Pele, They claimed similarity in their career trajectory and maybe playstyle (Which imo isn't similar at all), Akin to Messi comparisons to Maradona in 2006. With Ronaldo the debate was about him already being better than George Best.
Ronaldo was already *much* better than Kaka in 2006-2007, He basically lost the ballon d'or because of 2 wonder games at the final stretch of the season, He finished second not third btw.
Well, to be fair, I compared Mbappe's single world cup stats to CR7's entire career. I also mentioned his best season where he wasn't a wide midfielder but mainly the guy the team was built around to score, and it still doesn't compare to Mbappe or Haaland's best season, whether it's league/CL/International.

Also, the bit about coming second to Messi was from this: On 17 December, Kaká was voted the 2007 FIFA World Player of the Year with 1,047 votes, ahead of Lionel Messi with 504 and Cristiano Ronaldo with 426. Again, not an undisputed best player in the world, just happened to have the best season the next year. You can watch games of Mbappe in the CL during the Madrid series for example, you won't find a shortage of pundits that would call him the best player in the world. It's completely pointless, just like the debate about George Best. I only brought up the Pele bit because one, yes he was being compared to him, and two it's just dumb media hype. It doesn't belong in a debate in comparing the two. It's worth mentioning also that Mbappe came up as a wide player, and his first season at PSG he was basically a right-winger, so it's not as if I'm comparing apples to plutonium.

Comparing CR7 to George Best (or Mbappe to Pele) is more akin to a nonsense comparison than Mbappe and CR7. The reason Mbappe became more prolific earlier is because he became better at it quicker, which shows talent.

But just to keep it on topic, while different, most of my points here can apply to Haaland as well. CR7 showed inconsistency, poor decisions at times that I don't see Mbappe or Haaland do nearly as much, in fact Haaland has near-perfect IQ for his role and that's something that belongs to talent as well because you can try to teach some people everything you can and they'll never get close to his movement and instinct. But just to make it extra clear, I don't think Haaland or Mbappe are anywhere close to the player CR7 has been in terms of accomplishments and career, but talent? Absolutely.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Are you just trying to will all your insane predictions (flop, fraud, lucky to score 10-15, benched by Alvarez, Pep won't know how to utilise him, another Werner, identical to Nunez) into reality through posting?
Yea, he is. It's hilarious.

Skåre Willoch

That's why I don't get all the doom and gloom. So far, he has shown to be a limited one trick pony. There's no variety in his finishes. He can't change the game on his own. As long as he doesn't start firing deadly long-range shots, we should be able to deal with him.
Satire, surely?

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
I agree when it comes to Messi. He is in a different stratosphere to everyone else IMO. He is the player with the highest recorded amounts of assists in football history, some 40 goals behind C. Ronaldo in terms of overall career goal goalscoring for club and country combined (I am sure that he will become the highest scoring football player in history eventually unless he retires next year) while never really being a number 9 and quite frankly a 1.69 cm tall midget which has its positives but also negatives (almost non-existent aerial play or danger from set pieces unlike C. Ronaldo who probably scored 20-25% of his goal from such plays). Not to mention the dribbling ability, vision, passing, pace (early years), acceleration, free kick ability. I don't think that we will witness anything like that anytime soon (talking about decades here) and even less so in the "mechanic/robotic" like football of today and in the future.

My biggest problem with Messi was his at times questionable attitude in times of adversity and the tactical chaos his playing position (s) created for Barça as a team in the last few years. Which coincided with our catastrophic and unacceptable CL exists from 2017 onwards, expect for the 2018-19 season where Messi was absolutely phenomenal. Of course Messi was never the main problem but he nevertheless posed a challenge in an already aging and dysfunctional team whose extreme winning cycle between 2004-2019 was coming to an end. Not to mention questionable managers as well as a completely clueless president (Bartomeu) and board.

Career accomplishments are a different thing altogether, I agree. For instance no matter how good Haaland becomes (if he continues to improve which he should barring any injuries) it is very unlikely for him to ever win anything with his country. On the other hand with or without Mbappé, France has one of the most talented squads in the world and that has been the case for the past 30-40 years roughly and that is likely to continue as well.

I agree with your overall reasoning as I think that Neymar is a greater dribbler, passer and the more "spectacular" player than C. Ronaldo too.

Anyway I don't want to take anything away from C. Ronaldo as he made the best out of his talent (which was phenomenal) and his career resume is one of the best out there in the modern era.

At the end of the day it is all about taste and what you prefer as a football fan, ruthless efficiency (goals and numbers) before everything else or the "whole package" so to speak which so far, I have only seen Messi have.

I was too young to witness Brazilian Ronaldo but I know from older Barça fans who watched him during his arguably best season of his career (Barça's 1996-1997 season where he scored 47 goals in 49 appearances which wre insane numbers for that era and very unheard of at the time) before all his injuries, that he was the closest player to Messi at his best. Watching footage online from that version of Ronaldo and his first season at Inter, I understand why those comparisons are made by such people.

I cannot post links but write "Ronaldo Fenomeno - Barcelona Dribble & Skills 1996/97" and "Fenomeno [Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima] - season 96/97 FC Barcelona" on Youtube.

Last edited:

Joel Miller

that was a very Ibrahimovic like goal yesterday. That being said I can’t be the only person who felt the keeper had to do better.

NewUser777

But they don’t play like that anymore. They push fullbacks in the middle, and have two extra midfielders. And now their wingers ar playing much wider. And they don’t want Haaland dropping deep in build up play. They want him to drag defenders and be patient. I think even KDB said so after their second match.

Sylar

But they don’t play like that anymore. They push fullbacks in the middle, and have two extra midfielders. And now their wingers ar playing much wider. And they don’t want Haaland dropping deep in build up play. They want him to drag defenders and be patient. I think even KDB said so after their second match.
Which is fine and all, but at the same time can leave them vulnerable in the back especially without walkers recovery pace. It goes to my point, having haaland now leads to a change for City as he's not going to be involved as much as a false nine would.
That's not a bad thing for them.

He's going to get shit loads of goals though. One thing I noticed at Dortmund was how powerful he was at running (eg from halfway line)
I'll be very surprised if we see that much at city as I expect city will have the ball the most and he will be much higher as a result.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Satire, surely?

That's very rare. He hardly does that.

He's an insane finisher with amazing instinct and physicality.

But he's one of the most boring, one dimensional players you'll see.

Someone like Mbappe is so much more exciting to watch.

Watching Haaland for 90 minutes is like just sitting there and waiting for that one/two moment(s) when he'll score a tap in/short distance finish. So painfully boring. He's what City needed though.

Wilt

Stop It! ….nearly choked on my cornflakes :lol: