Other Norm Macdonald

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm surprised that there's no thread on Norm.

Just recently heard his take on Trump getting into office. He said they hated Hillary so much that they voted for someone they hated even more :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm surprised that there's no thread on Norm.

Just recently heard his take on Trump getting into office. He said they hated Hillary so much that they voted for someone they hated even more :lol:
Easily the funniest person on SNL imo. He pushed the comedic boundaries on OJ that it eventually got him sacked

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Easily the funniest person on SNL imo. He pushed the comedic boundaries on OJ that it eventually got him sacked
I struggle to think of a more naturally funny comedian on the planet, to be honest. I like quite a few of them, Kitson, Lee, Chapelle, and probably countless others, but no one is just naturally funny like Norm.

Mike Smalling

Love him. The balls on him to make this joke at the Espy awards:

Also, some of the jokes he has told on Conan have been class.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I love his rambling interviews with Conan.

"I'm a deeply closeted gay man."

"You're gay?"

"No, I'm straight as an arrow."

Mike Smalling

I love his rambling interviews with Conan.

"I'm a deeply closeted gay man."

"You're gay?"

"No, I'm straight as an arrow."

The delivery of "Doc, she's choking" followed by "That's modern medicine for you" is so great :lol:

NotThatSoph

I really enjoyed his Cosby joke, even if I had to look at Seinfeld's stupid face.

decorativeed

I love Norm! His appearance on Comedians in Cars is great, but his show Me Doing Stand-Up is hilarious. It's all in his delivery.

[MEDIA]

Last edited:

Eriku

That guy is just naturally funny. Just knows how to spin a yarn in the stupidest of ways, and if he says something clever he’s always disguising it as folly.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The bit (around 1:30 in) where he disagrees with Seinfeld on how many kids he has!:

[MEDIA]
I've always thought the same as him regarding manslaughter.

Kill someone purposefully; murder.

Kill someone accidentally; manslaughter. You slaughtered a man.....but you didn't mean it.

It's weird.

CallyRed

Have to be honest, I've never heard of him but recognise the voice from Family Guy. Will have look into his work

Wittmann45

I don't think there's a funnier man in the world. Everyone read his book its so brilliant
He is a great writer, which I guess shouldn't be surprising, but I picked up the book thinking it was going to be a pretty standard type autobiography, in format at least, but it was anything but.

His style kind of reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut

He was the last stand-up on Letterman's show and his set was terrific. The North Korea/Germany joke is one of my favourites

Dante

Average bang
Has anyone else watched the special he recorded just before passing away? It's been available on Netflix for about a week.

decorativeed

Has anyone else watched the special he recorded just before passing away? It's been available on Netflix for about a week.
Yeah, i watched it. Some good moments, but it really is a shame we couldn't see him performing in front of an audience for the last time. The part where his friends from the comedy scene talk about him afterwards is interesting too. They clearly all had a lot of love for Norm.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Had a special way of making the unfunniest jokes hilarious all due to his impeccable delivery.

Loves his jokes and to my knowledge seemed to be a very nice fella, may he rest in peace.

Bertie Wooster

I only discovered Norm in the last couple of years. Really wish I'd been able to enjoy him for all those years he was alive.

I was loving catching up on all his old material on YouTube when news broke of his death. It hit me harder than any other celebrity death and I'm still regularly binge watching all his old clips.

I enjoyed the Netflix special. Although, like with watching all his old clips now, no matter how much I laugh there's also a constant sadness that we've lost the old chunk of coal.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I absolutely love him.

"Now don't laugh at this next part.."

"This guy was a real jerk"

"It reminds me of that tragedy"

His Kojak story on Seinfelds Comedians in Cars.

Etc etc