North Korea vs Portugal (Official World Cup Final Thread)

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's not true at all. It's fake.

North Korea actually broadcasts the World Cup on their state channel, and many people cheered for South Korea.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If people don't have any means of verifying it (all radios and TV are state run and heavily censored) then surely it must happening.

Sweet Square

Wouldn't surprise me.

If anyone ever get a free hour it's with checking out the Vice doc about North Korea. It's truly the most strangest and horrific place on Earth.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
It's not true at all. It's fake.

North Korea actually broadcasts the World Cup on their state channel, and many people cheered for South Korea.
Whats your source for your claim? Im not saying i believe the OP story either. Its just one unfounded claim versus another and i find the inability of internet to give you a clear view of some issues and to support some agendas very tiresome

nimic

something nice
Scout
Well, for one it should be obvious. It's just a little bit too outrageous, even for North Korea. Secondly, it's easy to check that they are, in fact, showing the World Cup in North Korea, and North Koreans are well aware that they aren't in it.

I'm not sure where you're finding all of these different agendas on the internet regarding North Korea. It's not the *most* polarizing subject, to put it like that.

Bobtu

Wouldn't surprise me.

If anyone ever get a free hour it's with checking out the Vice doc about North Korea. It's truly the most strangest and horrific place on Earth.
Do you have a link to that?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Can't imagine the North Korean's are particularly pleased that the USA have had a decent World Cup and earned a lot of new fans. That is of course if it's true that the tournament has been broadcast to the country.

Okocha119

Don't take it so seriously, it's just a joke. While the thought of actually living in North Korea makes me shiver in fear, I can still laugh at this kind of black humor. I think it's funny to imagine that people could actually believe that Kim Jong-Un won six Olympic Gold Medals or whatever joke stories are always floating around. It's just an exaggeration. And those, I think, are extremely funny at times. I personally even liked the College Humor series on Youtube. Of course North Koreans are't THAT sheltered. Of course you have to feel at least a little sorry for the general North Korean public. Doesn't mean you can't laugh at it.

So now they are going to play Portugal, which of course will be an absolute cake walk. True Korea really should have faced of against the capitalistic swines occupying the South to show them who is truely superior :D

mancan92

Well considering the amount of stories we have heard from actual north koreans who have escaped it could easily be true. They have a destroy americans sports day in their schools ffs.

Winrar

Even if this is fake, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off something like this. Every bit of common sense that a normal person possesses is completely thrown out of the window in this depraved, despicable shithole of a country.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Well, for one it should be obvious. It's just a little bit too outrageous, even for North Korea. Secondly, it's easy to check that they are, in fact, showing the World Cup in North Korea, and North Koreans are well aware that they aren't in it.

I'm not sure where you're finding all of these different agendas on the internet regarding North Korea. It's not the *most* polarizing subject, to put it like that.
Fair enough. Im not refering to "this agenda" in particular but in all of politics aspects around.

hamad138

Media manipulates u , to think nordkorea is a joke

Mission complete

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
North Korea are in great form. The win over the USA and Japan were quite emphatic but I don't think they've faced a great team yet, Portugal will probably have more of the ball but aren't overly convincing seeing as they were knocked out. I'm going for a 2-1 extra time win for North Korea.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
These betting scandals & fixed matches have gone too far - North Korea haven't even turned up for their games, yet they're in the Final.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Oh and isn't it just all over my Facebook about how the North Koreans think they're in the World Cup Final and how could they instantly believe all the nonsense they're told.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
This is the best North Korea side since the one that thrashed Brazil in 1970.