Norwich City 21/22

James Peril

I hear Dean Smith is the favourite, which would be a terrible appointment.

A really boring pragmatic style of football and just sacked for being only 5 points higher in the table with a far better squad. He also failed to get them to play well without Jack Grealish in the Championship (when he was injured), and after they lost him in the Prem, despite spending a fortune.

Even if it’s as prep for going down, he only got a Grealish inspired Villa up through the playoffs.

Norwich fans, be prepared for some Grant Hanley long balls to no one!
Rubbish post! Norwich is a terrible team, they need some steel to salvage the season - which is near impossible already. Smith is a good manager, he created a solid Villa-side and it was not all about Grealish, they kept 15 clean sheets last season. Nothing lasts forever and Villa have been poor this year, but Smith is a good appointment for Norwich, not least for when they relegate and want to go up again. Their squad is really poor, not even Klopp would secure PL next season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Dean would be good fit for them personally.

Generally can bring young players through and get them into team system (Chelsea obviously want Billy Gilmour more involved and he is type of CM Dean likes to set tempo).

If they go down they'd still be in strong position to get back up as would sign some better players from other championship teams.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rubbish post! Norwich is a terrible team, they need some steel to salvage the season - which is near impossible already. Smith is a good manager, he created a solid Villa-side and it was not all about Grealish, they kept 15 clean sheets last season. Nothing lasts forever and Villa have been poor this year, but Smith is a good appointment for Norwich, not least for when they relegate and want to go up again. Their squad is really poor, not even Klopp would secure PL next season.
If he was an appointment based on being prepped to come back up again, they should have just kept Farke.

We will see if it is rubbish come seasons end. I watched a lot of Villa games in TV, and they were mostly poor with a lot of old fashioned long balls from Mings thrown in.

It’s a step backwards and I think the “steel”, as you call it, won’t save them and won’t leave them any more prepared to come back up than they were already. Except, the football will be worse.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I hear Dean Smith is the favourite, which would be a terrible appointment.

A really boring pragmatic style of football and just sacked for being only 5 points higher in the table with a far better squad. He also failed to get them to play well without Jack Grealish in the Championship (when he was injured), and after they lost him in the Prem, despite spending a fortune.

Even if it’s as prep for going down, he only got a Grealish inspired Villa up through the playoffs.

Norwich fans, be prepared for some Grant Hanley long balls to no one!
I cannot remember in recent history a team so impacted by one player.

Last season with Grealish, Villa were probably a top 8 team, maybe even top 6. But without him they seemed to lose nearly every single game.

A Villa fan said in one game, a sub came on, the sub underperformed, and Grealish had a word with the manager to get him hooked. He also said when Grealish plays usually the rest of the team raises their game.

Interesting to learn Villa also struggled without Grealish in the Championship.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I cannot remember in recent history a team so impacted by one player.

Last season with Grealish, Villa were probably a top 8 team, maybe even top 6. But without him they seemed to lose nearly every single game.

A Villa fan said in one game, a sub came on, the sub underperformed, and Grealish had a word with the manager to get him hooked. He also said when Grealish plays usually the rest of the team raises their game.

Interesting to learn Villa also struggled without Grealish in the Championship.
Yeah, it was visible how much they struggled without him in the Championship and their form recovered as soon as he returned to the side.

They just weren’t a very good team to watch under him and didn’t play good football. I actually think Smith is a decent man and hope he does well, but I would be very wary about this appointment if I were a Norwich fan.

He made some good players and some big money into a very average team at Villa.