Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Fabio Vidic Evans evra
Young Carrick cleverley kagawa
Rooney Hernandez

Januzaj needed a rest today but had to be brought on early. Looked tired in the second half. It'll probably be smalling in for Fabio, which means a completely ineffective right side, sadly. Welbecks looked a bit tired too, as well as him picking up a few knocks, so he needs a rest. Will be another very tough game but I think we can win it, we need Rooney at his best though.

Kag

De Gea
Smalling Evans Vidic Evra
Carrick Giggs
Young Rooney Kagawa
Hernandez

I'm guessing that's what we'll see.

Jaap

Keep the same team as long as possible - Fabio for Rafael if he's not fit enough & Carrick for Fletcher and someone for Valencia obviously.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
------------De Gea------------
Fabio--Smalling-Evans--Evra
-------Carrick-Cleverley------
Young------Kagawa----Welbeck
--------------Rooney------------

Please.

Leg-End

Norwich always give us a game at Carrow Road, even when they were proper shit they did it so this won't be an easy game.

Man-United

Our past three visits in the league at Carrow has been 2 lost and one win in the 90th min from Giggs in 2012.

Gerald G

We always struggle away to Norwich when they seem to bend over for other top teams there.

de Gea
Smalling--Evans--Vidic--Evra
Carrick--Cleverley
Young--Rooney--Kagawa
Hernandez

subs: Lindegaard, Fabio, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Giggs, Januzaj, Welbeck

If Welbeck is fit enough then replace him with Hernandez and Kagawa/Welbeck/Rooney can rotate positions.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
The team line-up will be very interesting

Wingers
Nani & Valencia are out and Januzaj looked very tired............front 4: Chicharito + Kagawa - Rooney - Welbeck/Young

Right back
Rafael, Jones and Valencia are out.......i hope for Fabio.......but i think we'll see Smalling - Evans - Vidic - Evra

ricky-romeo

norwich away is always a tough fixture for us.

i'll go for
--------------------de gea------------------------
fabio----------smalling-------evans-----------evra
young--------carrick---------cleverley--------giggs
--------------rooney--------welbeck-------------

Anduin

Moyes will field Smalling at right-back, which will be a mistake and harm our attacking play IMO. The side I expect is De Gea; Smalling, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Carrick, Cleverley; Young, Rooney, Kagawa; Hernandez. Put in Fabio at right-back, play Rooney upfront and Kagawa in the middle ahead of Cleverley/Carrick and we'll be fine IMHO. Win this and get three days of rest ahead of Tottenham at home.

Ash_G

Am certain Giggs will start this one, Carrick too. Smalling at rb is likely and will likely impact out attack there, would prefer fabio there as also keeps smalling/evans together but then he's gonna be pretty rusty.

Welbeck has started a couple of games in a row now so would be surprised if he starts this one, Kagawa or Hernadez likely to come in. I wonder if it might be Kagawa just because if Rooney is asked to break from deep again it might be asking a lot given he started today. May be a general re think of the team as am sure they were hoping not to use Januzaj for most the game. I guess with carrick back we might not need Rooney dropping as deep so often.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Starting XI:........De Gea
.Fabio......Evans................Vidic........Evra
.........................Carrick
Young.....Rooney...............Giggs.....Kagawa

........................Chicharito

Bench: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Smalling, Cleverley, Januzaj, Zaha, Welbeck

Not in the squad: Johnstone, Büttner, Fletcher, Anderson

Out: Van Persie, Nani, Valencia, Rafael, Jones & Fellaini

Plugsy

I'd imagine Ferdinand, Kagawa, Giggs, Carrick, and Januzaj will all start

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
De Gea, Fabio, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Young, Rooney, Kagawa, Hernandez

With the lineup of:
De Gea, Rafael/Jones/Smalling (because Moyes won't play Fabio in that), Vidic, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia (?), Rooney, Januzaj, Welbeck for Spurs.

Not sure what our injury status is with Young (some said he looked uncomfortable), Welbeck (was clearly limping at the end), Rafael and van Persie. Also when we announce injury periods for players they seem to return sooner so I'm not ruling Jones out from Spurs either.

Suppose we'll hear more from Moyes in his presser regarding available players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully Carrick will be able to start. He has been out for a while after all, and only got 12mins today.
Jones has done a sterling job in his absence, which couldn't have ended at a better time.

Welbeck playing wide is normally not something I like to see, but could work well for this one.
Hernandez is aching for a start, and with 2 games in 3 days, there's no better time for it

nemanja15

de Gea

Smalling
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Young
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS: Lindegaard, Fabio, Fletcher, Giggs, Januzaj, Welbeck, van Persie.

Plugsy

The first 4 probably yes

But Januzaj needs a break........he was sooo tired in 2nd half in every of the last 3 games.

After the Spurs came he can have the best part of 20 days off, if he wants. In fact get through this and I'd happily give him the rest of January off save for the Chelsea match

Salfordlad70

Ever so slightly conerned about this fixture.It won't be easy but a win is a must.I think a win but it will be tight.Their confidence will have taken a hit toda but they will raise their game as always and we'll need an early goal me thinks! Gonna go for 2-0.Vidic or Rio should feature and Smalling should play at RB.Fletcher unlikely to start so I'd go with Clevs and carrick with Adnan and Young wide.Hernandez with Rooney although I'd like to see Kagawa.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I have a bad feeling for this one.

De Gea

Fabio
Smalling
Evans
Evra

Januzaj
Carrick
Cleverley
Young

Kagawa
Rooney

A win would do nicely but can see us dropping points. Norwich are desperate for a break.

Mister Ed

-----------DDG--------------
Fabio---Smalling--Evans---Evra
------Carrick----Fletcher-----
Young-----Rooney-----Januzaj
----------Welbeck------------

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
De Gea

Smalling
Ferdinand
Vidic
Fabio

Young
Carrick
Giggs
Kagawa

Hernandez
Rooney

Do the deed lads.

DocRockter

When do we rest Rooney and Evra!?

EDIT: OK after this and the Spurs game, we got 10 days off in the League so there...

Longlivekeano

-----------------------------De Gea--------------------------

----Fabio----------Smalling------Evans------------Evra---

----A. Young-----Cleverly----Anderson-------R. Giggs--

----------------------Kagawa---------------------------------

-----------------------------Rooney---------------------------

Subs: Lindegaard, Vidic, Fletcher, Hernandez, Zaha, Januzaj, Carrick
prediction: 1-4 Rooney, Giggs

Shimo

Ddg
Fabio smalling Evans Evra
Young Carrick Cleverley kagawa
Rooney Cicha

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
DDG
Smalling Vidic Evans Evra
Young Carrick Cleverley Kagawa
Rooney Hernandez

Hopefully Young will maintain the improvement he has shown in last couple of games. Given our current goal scoring form, we just need to ensure that we don't concede stupid goals. Our goals will definitely come at some point in the match.

2-0 to united.

lysglimt

Scout
We are not the only team struggling - Norwich have quite a few problems themselves.

Howson has a backproblem and probably can't play
Pilkington is out
Tettey is out until mid-January
Michael Turner is suspended

In midfield they have few other players than the ones they have been using a lot over the last weeks (Fer, Johnson, Redmond and Snodgrass). We have Giggs, Anderson, Carrick and Kagawa who should all be fairly fresh. Norwich probably can't field more than 1 or max 2 attacking players who didn't play twice in the week before the United game.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Confident with this one. Usually would scare me and especially this season but I think we will continue on with our form. Hopefully with a little squad rotation too.

Bestie07

Almost the entire team picks itself. The only question is who will start alongside Carrick in the middle.

De Gea

Smalling
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Carrick
Giggs/Cleverley

Young
Rooney
Kagawa

Hernandez

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Giggsy hasn't played in a while has he. Should be ready for a 60-70 minute outing in CM.

Ole'sbodyguard

Giggsy hasn't played in a while has he. Should be ready for a 60-70 minute outing in CM.

I would have thought he would have been a certainty unless we are saving him for Spurs at home. With the midfield, assuming Carrick is fit and could handle two quick games, whoever starts him with tomorrow out of Cleverley and Giggs will be sub against Spurs.

Tomorrow might be the time for Buttner or Fabio at left back as well because Evra has started to look knackered to me and this is the most physically demanding time of the season. We can't get away with overplaying like we used to at his age now.

Ideally I'd like to see Rooney get a break as well as every one should get a break over the Xmas period and we have the cover in Kagawa but I don't think we can't get away with it with Carrick and Giggs in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.