g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Nostalgia Draft - Winner - Isotope

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There will be two reinforcements before the QFs and SFs and just one before the final.

Also note you can't reinforce the first two picks of any drafter.

I was thinking of just preventing injury to the 1st and 2nd picks plus the players just reinforced - I.e. those reinforced before the QFs. However these players could be injured for the SFs.

How does that sound? If anyone else has thoughts on this please let me know.
My bad, the original was anyone gets injured but the unbreakables moved to 1-3, then 1-4, etc. But you had settled that when replying to me here.

antohan

I thought you had originally argued that injuring a reinforcement essentially just means you have one reinforcement? And so was bad?
Didn't know you had two reinforcements in the first round. My argument was if there was only one.

Anyway, I missed the most critical point in that I couldn't get a T1-2 player at all. Wasn't planning to pick GOATs left, right and centre, but pivot to other formations through specific system players.

Never mind.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Cool let's continue as planned.

The reason for two reinforcements is to mix the teams up a bit but it means ultimately that over half of the team is from the original draft in the final. 2 reinforcements now, 2 for the SFs and one for the final

antohan

Awesome. I had listed 20 players I would consider reinforcements, that's now down to 9, of those 6 are still unavailable and out of the remaining 3, two are goalies :lol:.

Back to square one then. Just came up with something completely left-field, but needed <blocked> for that to work :(

antohan

Feck it, I'll wait and see what's left over, can't do any of the 2-3 options I had in mind.

antohan

Funny thing is it's not the first turn shiny picks screwing me over but the 2nd turn ones.

BorisDeLeFora

Torn between picking a shiny name to adapt my system and improve the aesthetic, or to be sensible and go for maximum jump in positional quality. Hmm

antohan

Torn between picking a shiny name to adapt my system and improve the aesthetic, or to be sensible and go for maximum jump in positional quality. Hmm
Wish I had that choice. It's now dawning on me the players I need will never be available.

Tempted to just donate my fullbacks to you as you are actually closer to my original plan than I am. :lol:

Pretty much the same midfield trio except that instead of Xabi-Senna I had Sammer pushing into that space and holding the fort in possession.

antohan

Funny how those picking midfielders early moaned about it and now those off us who stayed flexible are screwed over not having any chance of getting Redondo, Davids, Nedved, Keane, Scholes, Xavi... :annoyed:

Washed up Rijkaard suddenly looks like tactical liquid gold.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Funny how those picking midfielders early moaned about it and now those off us who stayed flexible are screwed over not having any chance of getting Redondo, Davids, Nedved, Keane, Scholes, Xavi... :annoyed:

Washed up Rijkaard suddenly looks like tactical liquid gold.
Andy Moller is available!

antohan

Andy Moller is available!
Nah, I had him as a backup of the backup to Stuttgart's Balakov. Planned to shift him to AM and get Redondo/Davids where he was.

Looks like you will get to run down De Rossi for at least one more round :lol:

Himannv

Awesome. I had listed 20 players I would consider reinforcements, that's now down to 9, of those 6 are still unavailable and out of the remaining 3, two are goalies :lol:.

Back to square one then. Just came up with something completely left-field, but needed <blocked> for that to work :(
You have 9 players on your list? I had 2 and picked the first one. Having said that, I’d be annoyed if the next one goes as I’ll have to rethink my whole strategy.

antohan

You have 9 players on your list? I had 2 and picked the first one. Having said that, I’d be annoyed if the next one goes as I’ll have to rethink my whole strategy.
I meant out of 15teamsx15players = 225 options I had identified 20 before we even drew the first round.

That 20 went down to 9 once I realised T1 and T2 was out of the window. 6 of those 9 have not been released.

So three from the original list, two of them being keepers, so 1 really :lol:

Have to revisit the whole thing anyway as I had drafted defence and forwards so that future picks would go towards different midfield setups (3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, etc mainly adjusting Sammer's role) but I can't quite pull off any of them any more without the team most likely getting worse.

antohan

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery 8) R. Donadoni 9) C. Panucci 10) Y. Djorkaeff 11. P. Guardiola 12) I. Helguera 13) M.v. Bommel 14) A. Zubizarreta 15) T. Ravelli

4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen 8) P. Cech 9) G. van Bronckhorst 10) C. Tevez 11) R. Koeman 12) Tassotti 13) B. Laudrup 14) A. Köpke 15) J. Capdevila

7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl 8) H. Crespo 9) D. De Rossi 10) G. Pagliuca 11) E. Cavani 12) G. Zola 13) K. Balakov 14) M. Sanchís 15) O. Córdoba

9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard 8) F. De Boer 9) F. Couto 10) R. Marquez 11) D. Trezeguet 12) Bebeto 13) C. Taffarel 14) M. Scholl 15) R. Recber

10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto 8) I. Casillas 9) Z. Boban 10) R. Prosinecki 11) R. Baraja 12) K. Kaladze 13) Pedro 14) P. Kluivert 15) O. Hargreaves 16) Hierro

13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry 8) S. Effenberg 9) W. Gallas 10) T. Hässler 11) F. Toldo 12) D. Duff 13) J. Sorin 14) M. Senna 15) F. Barthez 16) Maicon

15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson 8) S. Reuter 9) E. Cambiasso 10) G. Silva 11) M. Preud'homme 12) Z. Ibrahimovic 13) Y. Toure 14) G. Pallister 15) B. Friedel 16) P. Lahm

16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) C. Vieri 6) A. Benarrivo 7) D. Albertini 8) Jorginho 9) J. Mascherano 10) D. Silva 11) S. Mihajlović 12) P. Aimar 13) Serginho 14) Julio César 15) N. Martyn 16) F. Rijkaard

@TheReligion you have just over 10 minutes left

antohan

Although technically if deadlines started 9am he should have until 1pm, right @Physiocrat ?

Edit: Never mind, was thinking 1pm my timezone, well past 1pm there. I'll wait it out a bit, let the guy get his man, whoever that is.

antohan

OK, my turn now, I'll make sure I pick within my allocated 4 hours. Not too worried about same target (better not! :lol: ) but if we carry on there could be 6 picks before he comes back, which would be a bit shite.

TheReligion

Abusive
@Physiocrat your turn.

RELEASED

2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala 8) J. Chilavert 9) R. Pires 10) V. Candela 11) G. Popescu 12) R. Bratseth 13) F. Ravanelli 14) S. McManaman 15) B. Illgner

3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars 8) S. Ramos 9) T. Müller 10) J.J. Okocha 11) D. Seaman 12) R. Higuita 13) Nani 14) M. Carrick 15) W. Brown

5. Beam 1) A. Nesta 2) S. Eto'o 4) W. Rooney 5) A. Vidal 6) D. Drogba 7) J.S. Verón 8) M. Neuer 9) M. Silva 10) T. Adams 11) A. Carboni 12) R. Sensini 13) A. Bokšić 14) A. Möller 15) M. Rapaic

6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack 8) W. Samuel 9) G. Neville 10) A. Conte 11) C. Chivu 12) JS Park 13) D. Walker 14) P. Reina 15) J. O'Shea

8. Michael 1) F. Redondo 2) J.R. Riquelme 3) F. Cannavaro 4) Del Piero 5) D. Simeone 6) Zé Roberto 7) W. Sagnol 8) C. Gamarra 9) A. Shearer 10) I. Córdoba 11) P. Sousa 12) S. Cañizares 13) D. Forlán 14) S. Barjuán 15) J. Campos

11. Enigma 1) Ronaldinho 2) E. Davids 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) D. Villa 5) P. McGrath 6) D. Irwin 7) Deco 8) Aldair 9) J. Angloma 10) D. Suker 11) A. Peruzzi 12) V. Kompany 13) B. Schneider 14) C. Ziege 15) S. Klos

12. Gio/Theon 1) Romario 2) H. Stoichkov 3) A. Pirlo 5) A. Robben 6) E. Abidal 7) G. Buffon 8) Lucio 9) G. Gattuso 10) P. Cocu 11) B. Ivanovic 12) A. di Livio 13) R. Mancini 14) P. Vierchowod 15) J. Lehmann

14. Sjor 1) P. Scholes 2) R. Keane 3) R. Carvalho 4) D. Beckham 5) A. Costacurta 6) D. Savicevic 7) O. Kahn 8) E. van der Sar 9) E. Cantona 10) A. Ferrer 11) P. Mijatovic 12) D. Petrescu 13) M. Viduka 14) Denilson 15) J. Martinez
Need to keep this on main page.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Nice! Never gets much recognition in draft, so refreshing to see him going in reinforcements. Could have definitely sell him better in hindsight, although you kind of thinking, erm... it is Rooney, don't think he needs much selling. But, he is actually (considering his versatility) very underrated.

antohan

Good to see my artist's impression didn't land me Bernd Schneider.

Just in case, this is the original picture

antohan

Not that he doesn't have his own Black Prizm card, but he looks a bit old and grumpy with his pubic hair implants in that one