Nostalgia Draft - Winner - Isotope

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
QF Squads - T4 players are injured

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery 8) R. Donadoni 9) C. Panucci 10) Y. Djorkaeff 11. P. Guardiola 12) I. Helguera 13) M.v. Bommel 14) A. Zubizarreta 15) T. Ravelli 16) P. Vieira 17) B. Schweinsteiger

4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen 8) P. Cech 9) G. van Bronckhorst 10) C. Tevez 11) R. Koeman 12) Tassotti 13) B. Laudrup 14) A. Köpke 15) J. Capdevila 16) P. Evra 17) D. Beckham

7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl 8) H. Crespo 9) D. De Rossi 10) G. Pagliuca 11) E. Cavani 12) G. Zola 13) K. Balakov 14) M. Sanchís 15) O. Córdoba 16) W. Rooney 17) A. Pirlo

9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard 8) F. De Boer 9) F. Couto 10) R. Marquez 11) D. Trezeguet 12) Bebeto 13) C. Taffarel 14) M. Scholl 15) R. Recber 16) F. Cannavaro 17) D. Villa

10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto 8) I. Casillas 9) Z. Boban 10) R. Prosinecki 11) R. Baraja 12) K. Kaladze 13) Pedro 14) P. Kluivert 15) O. Hargreaves 16) Hierro 17) R. Pires

13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry 8) S. Effenberg 9) W. Gallas 10) T. Hässler 11) F. Toldo 12) D. Duff 13) J. Sorin 14) M. Senna 15) F. Barthez 16) Maicon 17) P. Schmeichel

15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson 8) S. Reuter 9) E. Cambiasso 10) G. Silva 11) M. Preud'homme 12) Z. Ibrahimovic 13) Y. Toure 14) G. Pallister 15) B. Friedel 16) P. Lahm 17) A. Robben

16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) C. Vieri 6) A. Benarrivo 7) D. Albertini 8) Jorginho 9) J. Mascherano 10) D. Silva 11) S. Mihajlović 12) P. Aimar 13) Serginho 14) Julio César 15) N. Martyn 16) F. Rijkaard 17) G. Buffon

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Quarter final draw:

Boris vs TheReligion
Isotope vs antohan

Mon, 28/06 - Physio vs harms
Thu, 01/07 - EAP vs Himann

@harms Monday is best for me

@Edgar Allan Pillow Fair play on writing the date the right way round

antohan

Mon, 28/06 - Physio vs harms
Wed, 30/06 - antohan vs Isotope
Thu, 01/07 - EAP vs Himann

TheReligion

Abusive
Did anyone consider this guy?

Or did he get picked and I missed him. Wondered peoples thoughts on him. I recall him having a great spell between Samp, Parma and Fiorentina

antohan

Did anyone consider this guy?

Or did he get picked and I missed him. Wondered peoples thoughts on him. I recall him having a great spell between Samp, Parma and Fiorentina
I did. Mostly wanted to build around those "non-usual suspects" great Italian teams of the 90s (Viola, Parma, Samp) so was a safe bet as a backup option.

Cracking player but in a draft context at best "could do a job" unfortunately. Speaking of, another one that briefly crossed my mind was Attilio Lombardo. A bit like Letchkov in the "doesn't look like an athlete" department.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Chiesa was one of the most talented Italian attackers of that era imo, very fast, strong finishing instinct and lots of skill/technique/workrate. Injuries stopped him in his tracks at Fiorentina after one of his best seasons. I think players like Signori and him suffered from the rigidity of many Italian managers view on foward tactics of the time.If they were around over the last decade that has been a lot friendlier tactically for wide-forward'ish players, i could easily see them piling up the goals and building world class reputations to match players like Robben. At least at club level...you never know with the Italian national team.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I did. Mostly wanted to build around those "non-usual suspects" great Italian teams of the 90s (Viola, Parma, Samp) so was a safe bet as a backup option.

Cracking player but in a draft context at best "could do a job" unfortunately. Speaking of, another one that briefly crossed my mind was Attilio Lombardo. A bit like Letchkov in the "doesn't look like an athlete" department.
Aye, Lombardo was next unpicked on our RW list. He didn't really sync with the rest of the attack as a potential Robben substitute, so we went down a different route, but I'm surprised he wasn't picked given how narrow some of the teams ended up.

antohan

Aye, Lombardo was next unpicked on our RW list. He didn't really sync with the rest of the attack as a potential Robben substitute, so we went down a different route, but I'm surprised he wasn't picked given how narrow some of the teams ended up.
Yeah, didn't work there, too "midfieldery". I remember one team screaming Lombardo at me, whoever it was that had Conte on the flank and Park in midfield. Conte midfield, Lombardo where Conte was, simple.

antohan

anto is showing off of having two kids and being a good dad.
I have the not insignificant problem of one being a late deep sleeper like me and the other being a an early riser and light sleeper like the -very pregnant- wife.

I was going to do the writeup last night, wound up falling asleep with the hyper one in his bed, getting woken up by the other and dragged to his bed, then he kicked me out so I went to my bed, then he came and picked me up, woke up the missus, got shouted at and ended up sleeping with him on the couch. The full works.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I have the not insignificant problem of one being a late deep sleeper like me and the other being a an early riser and light sleeper like the -very pregnant- wife.

I was going to do the writeup last night, wound up falling asleep with the hyper one in his bed, getting woken up by the other and dragged to his bed, then he kicked me out so I went to my bed, then he came and picked me up, woke up the missus, got shouted at and ended up sleeping with him on the couch. The full works.
:lol: sorry, just need to laugh.

Wow, man. I can't imagine the insanity and hectic. Your wife is lucky that you can help with the kids. I have female co-workers with two little kids home schooling (during COVID). The husband totally refuses to deal with the kids. fecking chauvinist neanderthal.

antohan

Oh, congratulations! Found it too easy with the twins and decided to up the stakes?)
More a case that my days as Superman and the Incredible Hulk are numbered, so going for the reset and double down.

antohan

The one regret from this draft is not seeing Le Tissier getting picked, let alone played.

It's hard because you don't really know whether he will show up at all, too much hyperactive pressing on display (or claimed, but he wouldn't be arsed with either), and you don't want the guy to get torn into anyway.

Xavi said:
In Catalonia there used to be a half-hour programme every Monday where they’d show the best goals from the Premier League, every week, Matt Le Tissier would be on the show. I’m talking outrageous, sickening goals. Our whole house was obsessed with him
It was the exact same for me. The PL wasn't available back home so I just went off highlights shows. Le Tissier was no doubt the best player in the Premier League and one I always tried get hold of in the early 90s PC Calcio/Championship Managers. At some point this chap Cantona started appearing as stiff competition but he seemed to have his head too far up his own arse.

Then I actually moved to the UK, specifically to Southampton, so just went to watch him at The Dell for a few years before I even started supporting United. I actually enjoyed us getting rodgered 6-3 :lol: Spent most of the 90s actually watching Barcelona, it was only ~1998 that I really started taking an interest in United, primarily as a team I liked watching but also having that underdog/quest-for-glory factor at European level.

Fecking legend.