Nostalgia Draft - Winner - Isotope

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just to note everyone, that drafting deadlines are now in force. Remember to PM picks for an extra 4hrs pick time. PM to the next manager or Synco

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Just to note everyone, that drafting deadlines are now in force. Remember to PM picks for an extra 4hrs pick time. PM to the next manager or Synco
I'd say best to both, as I will not always be available. (Are you an option too, Physio?)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Oops sorry guys, notification drowned in Werewolf tags.

Absolutely ludicrous what I'm about to do given the top tier game-winning talent available but last night I tried to think of 16 players I would happily have in any one role and with this I couldn't get past 5. Screw having to bang on about some complete randomer.

antohan

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima
2. Joga 1) Xavi
3. P-Nut 1) Maldini
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane
7. antohan 1) Roberto Carlos
8. Michael
9. TheReligion
10. EAP
11. Enigma
12. Gio/Theon
13. Boris
14. Sjor
15. Himann
16. Physio

Can someone tag whoever Michael is?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
1. Iso 1) Ronaldo
2. Joga 1) Xavi
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos
8. Michael
9. TheReligion
10. EAP
11. Enigma
12. Gio/Theon
13. Boris
14. Sjor
15. Himann
16. Physio

antohan

I bet @TheReligion is cumming in his pants at one particular "leftover"

Still kicking myself, don't think I ever had the pleasure to have him, but I joined this for the nostalgia, not to research players or pick ones that don't fit the term "nostalgia".

Sat down yesterday and names kept pouring out. Tonnes of absolutely fantastic players. Mind, a fair few just CM legends. Reckon I'll reserve a sub spot or two for the likes of Maxim Tsigalko.

TheReligion

Abusive
I bet @TheReligion is cumming in his pants at one particular "leftover"

Still kicking myself, don't think I ever had the pleasure to have him, but I joined this for the nostalgia, not to research players or pick ones that don't fit the term "nostalgia".

Sat down yesterday and names kept pouring out. Tonnes of absolutely fantastic players. Mind, a fair few just CM legends. Reckon I'll reserve a sub spot or two for the likes of Maxim Tsigalko.
I'll be honest. Roberto Carlos was going to be my pick.

I'm livid.

antohan

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo
2. Joga 1) Xavi
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo
9. TheReligion
10. EAP
11. Enigma
12. Gio/Theon
13. Boris
14. Sjor
15. Himann
16. Physio

TheReligion

Abusive
Good morning. Sorry I was asleep. Ok so I've deliberated over this pick and I'm of the opinion this is a position in short supply of peak years during the game. Plus, like @antohan, I'm a sucker for nostalgia..

The club left back.

Bixente Lizarazu

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
1. Iso 1) Ronaldo
2. Joga 1) Xavi
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo
9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu
10. EAP 1) F. Baresi
11. Enigma
12. Gio/Theon
13. Boris
14. Sjor
15. Himann
16. Physio

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I agree with the sentiment, great player and great peak but thats just not true :)
Why the suspense mate. Add the players who you think had better 3 year peaks.

I am guessing your picks might be Redondo and Xavi.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Not even on the shortlist of about 20 attacking players. :nervous: Then again, it's more about the theme then his credentials.

Šjor Bepo

Why the suspense mate. Add the players who you think had better 3 year peaks.

I am guessing your picks might be Redondo and Xavi.
Yes + few that we cant name + defenders like Nesta/Maldini and other God tier greats. There is also Fenomeno....

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Yes + few that we cant name + defenders like Nesta/Maldini and other God tier greats. There is also Fenomeno....
To be fair, tough to compare peaks across positions but what Ronaldinho did in those couple of years was just magical as everyone is aware. No one except Fenomeno in attackers come close I think (I personally rate those Dinho years better than Fenomeno's continuous peak)

Šjor Bepo

To be fair, tough to compare peaks across positions but what Ronaldinho did in those couple of years was just magical as everyone is aware. No one except Fenomeno in attackers come close I think
On that we agree :)

antohan

Is the story about Peter Kenyon messing the deal up true or was he always going to Barca?
How would I know? Always assumed it was, more so because it surfaced at the time and later made even more sense when the bastard moved to Chelsea. Something similar happened with Robben as well.

But then, we wouldn't have got Cristiano.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
How would I know? Always assumed it was, more so because it surfaced at the time and later made even more sense when the bastard moved to Chelsea. Something similar happened with Robben as well.

But then, we wouldn't have got Cristiano.
Just wondered. I thought I remember hearing it would have never happened. Although Kenyon had form with Robben as you say

Enigma_87

You know who
To be fair, tough to compare peaks across positions but what Ronaldinho did in those couple of years was just magical as everyone is aware. No one except Fenomeno in attackers come close I think (I personally rate those Dinho years better than Fenomeno's continuous peak)
I agree with all that you said, but to be completely honest I have Fenomeno, then Dinho in terms of 3 years peak.

Regardless of position. If we include positional GOAT's then Redondo and Xavi are the ones that can join the pack(obviously Cristiano too). I disagree with Bepo in terms of Maldini and Nesta, who for what is worth don't have a such clear and outstanding peak for three years in a row and in Nesta case for example was mared with injuries during his peak years.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Regardless of position. If we include positional GOAT's then Redondo and Xavi are the ones that can join the pack(obviously Cristiano too). I disagree with Bepo in terms of Maldini and Nesta, who for what is worth don't have a such clear and outstanding peak for three years in a row and in Nesta case for example was mared with injuries during his peak years.
Yeah, won 4 defender of the year awards in a row while he was watching nurses in his hospital bed.

antohan

I agree with all that you said, but to be completely honest I have Fenomeno, then Dinho in terms of 3 years peak.

I can see the three-year peak concept is "a thing" these days. If games are going to revolve around that and soiling player reputations I want no business in it. Pot called the kettle and all that, but it's fecking called Nostalgia draft!!!

Maldini? You are questioning Maldini????? Bloody hell.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo
2. Joga 1) Xavi
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo