Not so baby faced anymore

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole looks like he's aged 10 years since March.

No matter how badly we do I will never stop adoring him (as the great player he was). But it's pretty obvious he's not up to this job. It would be a mammoth job for a seasoned winner at this stage. What chance does he have?

Clear as day that he didn't change anything when he took over as caretaker. He just put his arm around the players and got a temporary lift like a lot of new managers get. As soon as the results turned like they inevitably have to he hasn't had a clue. No different to why we got rid of the last two managers. In fact he's doing worse.

Walk away Ole before it turns ugly for you. Probably do our Get Woodward out of the club campaign a world of good too. If he sacks you nothing will change.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's turning into Andy Serkis.

vidic blood & sand

The decision to let Herrera, Sanchez, and Lukaku go without replacing them has backfired terribly. Any manager would struggle with our current crop of players.
Once Ibrahimavic is free, we need him to relieve some pressure on Rashford, regardless of the fact he 145 years old.

koop

Probably the most stressful job in football, especially at UTD out of all places.

Either way the team is shite and extremely mediocre. Not sure what people expected going into the season with that team.
Even I knew Pogba would get injured and even Martial cause it happens every season. Once that happens we would be on a rollercoaster plummeting towards Satan's buttcrack and who knows how long that ride is.

sparx99

I’ve gone round and round in circles on this but ultimately this where I get to:

- we’ve had injuries to key players
- our summer business left the squad lacking quality and depth in key areas
- our young players are very raw (Chong and Gomes are older than Hudson-Odoi but look much further away from being regular contributors)

And yet we should still be showing more than we are now and getting better results. At the very least what we should see are encouraging patterns of play being developed with the lack of quality and inexperience being the reason for failure. At the moment it looks to me like the tactics are letting us down and the players aren’t being set up to succeed.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I’ve gone round and round in circles on this but ultimately this where I get to:

- our young players are very raw (Chong and Gomes are older than Hudson-Odoi but look much further away from being regular contributors)

And yet we should still be showing more than we are now and getting better results. At the very least what we should see are encouraging patterns of play being developed with the lack of quality and inexperience being the reason for failure. At the moment it looks to me like the tactics are letting us down and the players aren’t being set up to succeed.
If you see the football, you can see whether it's a good tactics employed by bad players, or bad tactics employed by good players. Ours is bad players + bad tactics. Hence we're so down the table it's amazing for United standard

Denis79

Agree with this but I also think Hudson-Odoi has a more functional spine to carry his development. These youngster will be very inconsistent and have a more fragile confidence and it's up to the veterans to carry them in the games they are faltering. Because of the decisions made this summer transfer we look at our youngsters to carry us, save us in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. For that to happen they would have to be world-class youngster which you can't expect all of them to be. I can not understand how a professional club our size came to the conclusion that this was an adequate squad to make top 4, Ole confirmed yesterday that our goals were top 4. Baffling.

sparx99

If you see the football, you can see whether it's a good tactics employed by bad players, or bad tactics employed by good players. Ours is bad players + bad tactics. Hence we're so down the table it's amazing for United standard
Yeah. I know we’ve been here before but I actually do think the club want to turn the page and rebuild properly. I just don’t think Ole and this group of coaches are the ones to do it with.

For years we’ve been wrong strategy and wrong coach.

Now we are right strategy (although the Brexit FC stuff is a bit weird) with the wrong coach.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He really really did, it was brutal.

Don’t think LvG aged a day though, tough guy.
Being Barca and Bayern manager carries just as much weight. He was truly prepared for the job, it’s just a shame the squad was crap at first. I do think we should have continued with him in the end.

Seij

I imagine getting paid 7.5M a year after earning 1/10 of that at Molde will help with the stress a bit.

M15 Red.

No matter how wrinkled our bollocks look when we peel them back. We still love our bollocks.

MisterLupus

Don't worry about Ole he'll be fine no matter what happens. That man is settled for life - in fact his family is settled for many generations ahead. It's the club I'm worried about - four managers in six years tells a sad and disturbing tale and it'll be straight back to the drawing board once more if he gets the axe. Considering who's holding the pencil - that doesn't fill me with optimism for our future. And also who in their right minds would want to join us? If Solskjaer fails as well then being manager for Manchester United will be marked the most toxic position in football probably - rightfully so even - and I doubt anyone who's not desperate for a job or a complete gold digger ould come running for it. Our club has turned venomous - a place where talented managers come to die.

But yeah he doesn't look like someone just seven years older than myself - he looks like someone nearing the end of his fifties who's just buried their dog. Tells you something about his devotion - at least he fecking cares.

SaintMuppet

The guy looks like he just sobered up and found a ladyboy shaving her balls in his bathroom...

MisterLupus

The guy looks like he just sobered up and found a ladyboy shaving her balls in his bathroom...
In a sense I believe that's exactly what's happened. Manchester United is not the club you'd except it to be these days - that's for sure. Must be a very sobering experience for him or anyone finding out exactly what a circus it really is :lol:

SaintMuppet

In a sense I believe that's exactly what's happened. Manchester United is not the club you'd except it to be these days - that's for sure. Must be a very sobering experience for him or anyone finding out exactly what a circus it really is :lol:
I honestly can’t believe he went into this without knowing how messed up it was. If fans have been seeing it for 5 or so years then surely ‘football’ people must???

Either that or we all have it wrong?

MisterLupus

I honestly can’t believe he went into this without knowing how messed up it was. If fans have been seeing it for 5 or so years then surely ‘football’ people must???

Either that or we all have it wrong?
Well he did leave the title winning side he'd successfully built back in Norway to go work for Vincent Tan at Cardiff - so it wouldn't be his first lapse in judgement. In the end it's Impossible to tell what really goes on within a huge institution such as Manchester United - nobody ever plays with open hands when billions are at stake - but I'm starting to believe Van Gaal and Mourinho were both wronged and that Solskjær is just the latest sucker in line - and the one they've duped into taking the heat off them as he tries his best to clean up several years' worth of their mess. If it goes to shite they can always just throw him under the bus - easily so even as most deems him a nobody in the world of management - and if he succeeds they can take credit and present themselves as geniuses. Also - while he struggles to get things back on track and fans are going ever more rampant during that painful process - they can pretend to be magnanimous in their unyielding support of him winning the sympathy of everyone when truth is they always knew what a Hellish task they bestowed upon him and that it was always bound to get worse before it got better.

I used to be harsh on the two managers before Ole - especially Mourinho (I still think he's something of a manchild) - but now I'm starting to sympathize and I wouldn't be surprised at all if history ends up redeeming every coach we've had post Ferguson once all the trash tumbles down into the open. I can picture all layers of craziness getting revealed in some independent movie directed by Scorcese - "The Wolf on Stretford" or some such starring (among others) Bill Bailey as Woodward and Carrot Top as Fellaini :lol:

Sterling Archer

Was looking at some of the recent photos and it actually pains me to see him like this. Was just saying in the other thread, I love Ole, as a player as the interim manager. He literally lifted us out of the depths of that season. Sunshine. That should have been it. Can't fault him for wanting to be great here, taking the full time. I can blame the guy that hired him, in oh so stupid fashion yet again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was looking at some of the recent photos and it actually pains me to see him like this. Was just saying in the other thread, I love Ole, as a player as the interim manager. He literally lifted us out of the depths of that season. Sunshine. That should have been it. Can't fault him for wanting to be great here, taking the full time. I can blame the guy that hired him, in oh so stupid fashion yet again.
Would have been brilliant if Ole had turned down the offer last year. Imaging lifting us from the rut and giving everybody a lift before leaving the job to someone more qualified. Would have further added to his legend. But someone like cannot forgo this sort of opportunity in life.

Bulldog United

Would have been brilliant if Ole had turned down the offer last year. Imaging lifting us from the rut and giving everybody a lift before leaving the job to someone more qualified. Would have further added to his legend. But someone like cannot forgo this sort of opportunity in life.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

How would we really feel if he turned down the offer while on a high, then a new guy came in and things went downhill along the same lines as they have since for Ole? I’m not sure so warm and fuzzy.

MisterLupus

How would we really feel if he turned down the offer while on a high, then a new guy came in and things went downhill along the same lines as they have since for Ole? I’m not sure so warm and fuzzy.
I am pretty sure that if Pochettino came in and went through the same Hell Ole has - or any well-respected and established manager for that matter - he'd be met with a lot more sympathy and understanding. Suddenly - as if struck by some form of Voodoo - a lot of people would realize that maybe our shortcomings aren't all down to the coaching staff. Ole's an easy target - after all the only thing his entire professional life's been all about prior to rejoining United - is his short and somewhat embarrassing stay at Cardiff. A club where the owner changed the color of their kit from blue to red because he believed it would give them magic powers :rolleyes:

Last edited:

meamth

Anyone would be mad to reject that offer. Woodward offered anyone in the caf experts a contract, all would sign it, like madmen.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
In the past 2 months there have been more Ole threads on RedCafe than fackin Diddy Doughnuts in the entire fackin Europe.

Olexplosion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

True. But they could have waited until the end of the season by which time the wheels started coming off anyway. And really, the club is supposed to have the professionals making decisions with foresight, not the fans.

Anyhoo, I was in favour of Ole myself so I definitely got it wrong as well. But then again, I'm not paid million to get these decisions right either.

Red_toad

I imagine getting paid 7.5M a year after earning 1/10 of that at Molde will help with the stress a bit.
All the money in the world will not buy you a second of time. Too much stress indeed reduces your time on this planet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree with this but I also think Hudson-Odoi has a more functional spine to carry his development. These youngster will be very inconsistent and have a more fragile confidence and it's up to the veterans to carry them in the games they are faltering. Because of the decisions made this summer transfer we look at our youngsters to carry us, save us in one of the toughest leagues in Europe. For that to happen they would have to be world-class youngster which you can't expect all of them to be. I can not understand how a professional club our size came to the conclusion that this was an adequate squad to make top 4, Ole confirmed yesterday that our goals were top 4. Baffling.
Hudson Odoi came into a struggling Chelsea side under Sarri and did fine. He is just a better player