Sat, 30 December 2023 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedIan

Banana skin game.
    Forest will 100% play on the counter attack system than they used to thrash Newcastle at St James park.
    Under no circumstances can we play a soft centre.
    Two sitters, Mainoo and Erikson or Amrabat. I love Erikson in the team as he makes us click but for this im thinking Amrabat along side mainoo is Maybe more secure?

Stevondo8

Banana skin game.
    Forest will 100% play on the counter attack system than they used to thrash Newcastle at St James park.
    Under no circumstances can we play a soft centre.
    Two sitters, Mainoo and Erikson or Amrabat. I love Erikson in the team as he makes us click but for this im thinking Amrabat along side mainoo is Maybe more secure?
    If we’re expecting them to sit in, surely you play Eriksen as he can play passes to unlock them, and try and win the game, rather than be negative and assume they’ll constantly counter and we’d be fecked? Or am I still blinkered to how bad we really are?

giggslover

Onana
    AWB-Varane-Evans-Dalot
    Mainoo-Amrabat
    Garnacho-Bruno-Rashford
    Rasmus
    Any worry about Rashford getting a knock?? He looked to get 2 quick boots to his achilles near the end of the Villa game.

I've looked but haven't seen any report on his status...don't know if that's good or bad.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
    Any worry about Rashford getting a knock?? He looked to get 2 quick boots to his achilles near the end of the Villa game.

I've looked but haven't seen any report on his status...don't know if that's good or bad.
    Probably just tired because he actually did a bit of running

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest

If he plays on the left, I expect Yatesy and Montial will both kick and wind him up throughout the game - fully deserved for me! :devil:

OrcaFat

I mean he’s clearly better than Pellistri and Antony already on the fact that he’s a better finisher in front of goal. Doesn’t take much. If he did nothing else within the course of a game but put quality shots on target he’d be better.
    Haven’t seen Amad do anything against a prem team though, have we? Let’s see him. I’m all for giving him some minutes. If he scores some goals, gets some assists, yes! Not only should we not loan him, he should play every week. Let’s see him play before we decide.

Loon

:lol:
    Need to show the last result was not motivated by the turning of the crowd.

TheRedHearted

The club should have given Amad the chance and seen some more of antony before 100 million spent, anyways he better be on the bench and get a few minutes.

same exact team against Villa, please. Why the hell would we tinker that

OrcaFat

I’ll take any winning score and not too fussy how we get it.

Not sure what’s the best way to use Eriksen. 60mins from the start or on at half time if we’re struggling in possession…?

He needs legs around him and I’m not sure how we set up to ensure that. Might have to play 433 with Bruno RW and Hannibal as the extra man in CM. That means dropping one of the front guys from the last match which wouldn’t be ideal as they were starting to get their shit together somewhat.

I expect we’ll start the same way as the Villa match and muddle through somehow. I could see a few goals in this match; 3-2 one way or the other.

SAF is the GOAT

I think that Mason Mount can take the RW position and make it his own, he's good enough for this and played there at Chelsea.

flameinthesun

Good press conference. I agree with him that if we get all our players back and give them some time to get used to the tactics this team can go toe to toe with most teams. Maybe not enough to consistently win those matches but at least go toe to toe. Its a process, hopefully with the right signings we can go up a level. However once the likes of Case, Mason, Licha etc are back then there is no excuse to not be more consistent.

IncyWincySpider

Against all better judgment and recent experience, I'm really optimistic about this one. Let Rasmus feast!

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    I think it will be almost the same team as against Villa.

Think it will be difficult to deal with their pace as they will probably give us the ball. Nevertheless, if we can get the 3 points, a bit of confidence with some players back, we will be up for Spurs and start a new dynamic. This game will be pivotal in how we'll look December and begining Jan.

---------------------------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------------------------
    Wan Bissaka--------------------Varane----------Evans-----------------------------------Dalot
    --------------------------------------------------Mainoo-----------------------------------------------------
    Garnacho-------------------------Eriksen---------Bruno------------------------------Rashford
    ---------------------------------------------------Hojlund----------------------------------------------------

imamuppet

I have watched Forest a handful of times this season and he stands out everytime for me. Talented player with a drive and dedication that i rarely see. He reminds me of a young Wazza the way he is fighting and pushing his teammates. Surprised there is no gossip about his future.
    One of us also, grew up a Manchester United fan :cool:
    Sauce:
    Morgan Gibbs-White was a Manchester United fan growing up

Marinakis loves a "deal" we swap them the "sexy" Brazilian Anthony and in return we bring the kid home. :)

Rasmus hat trick, as to if we win, I'm not sure yet :lol:

Last edited:

SER19

We desperately need a long unbeaten run. I dont even mean winning loads, but we have to break this pattern of a good win followed by a terrible result, it seems like a mental thing at this point.

This would be a great win, followed by a cup tie, followed by the return of plenty of players for the next league game v spurs at home - a big fixture for obvious reasons. Spurs have a tough game sunday too so we could go into the old trafford game with a chance of catching them.

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest
    One of us also, grew up a Manchester United fan :cool:
    Sauce:
    Morgan Gibbs-White was a Manchester United fan growing up

Marinakis loves a "deal" we swap them the "sexy" Brazilian Anthony and in return we bring the kid home. :)

Rasmus hat trick, as to if we win, I'm not sure yet :lol:
    :lol: Nice try - the lad calls the City Ground home, he will be made club Captain (probably in Jan as Worrall is rumoured to be sold) and the team is built round him. He’s going nowhere!

LDUred

If he reverts to the Bruno/McTominay as false 8s plan I will be tearing my hair out tomorrow.

So much more balance against Villa with a more capable, ball-playing midfielder rather than two 8s bombing forward and leaving us short in the middle.

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest
    This has an Elanga brace written all over it.
    I actually think it could Callum Hudson Odoi‘s day tomorrow. His fitness is back after injury and he loves cutting in from the left wing and having a punt from outside the box. Apparently the instruction for the Newcastle game was keep passing to Elanga to run at their leftback - CHO was making the same runs as Elanga on the left.

always_hoping

Nuno first game as Forest manager was 3-2 home defeat to Bournemouth. That was a match Forest played with ten men for 70 mins and Bournemouth winner came in the 4th minute of added time.

Forest are good on the counter attack and decent on set pieces so as already said a real banana skin for Man United tomorrow.

Forest Red

Supports
    Nottingham Forest

Just up on the Official Forest site - we’re enjoying the developing Woody - Elanga partnership.

giggslover

Nuno first game as Forest manager was 3-2 home defeat to Bournemouth. That was a match Forest played with ten men for 70 mins and Bournemouth winner came in the 4th minute of added time.

Forest are good on the counter attack and decent on set pieces so as already said a real banana skin for Man United tomorrow.
    Hopefully they're gassed after that....

SAF is the GOAT

Right now the 2 things I want is obviously for us to win games but more importantly is to improve our GD whose horrible.

bosskeano

front 5 of 6 has to be....the mainoo partner is the one question in this squad. I'd say Scott if he'd just fecking focus on his defensive duties and stop thinking he's a #10

mainoo
    garnacho bruno marcus
    rasmus

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Elanga is in better form than any of our wingers. He’s physically very good and so direct and hardworking. I think if we play to our best we will win this handy enough but if we take them lightly they will just run all over us and stun us.

If McT doesn’t start that would be a major plus for us

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

I have watched Forest a handful of times this season and he stands out everytime for me. Talented player with a drive and dedication that i rarely see. He reminds me of a young Wazza the way he is fighting and pushing his teammates. Surprised there is no gossip about his future.
    His idol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 216 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win