Television Noughts + Crosses (this won't be controversial)

Sweet Square

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1583519247

Premiered at the weekend but I imagine a show where black people are dominant and whites are the underclass will scare a lot of people. Although I haven't watched the show I view it as similar to alternate history such as Man in the High Castle.

Anyway, it looks interesting.
Does it really ?
The new series stars Masali Baduza as Sephy and Jack Rowan as Callum, two teenagers from either side of the racial divide who embark on a Romeo and Juliet-style romance
Maybe it's just a bad trailer but why has London turned into a knock off Wakanda set and suddenly got better weather ?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I like the concept of it but it looks absolutely terrible.

Did like the Daily Mail describing Stormzy's character as a racist editor of a right-wing newspaper albeit they were quoting someone.

Sweet Square

I'm into these alternate reality/history scenarios so for me it's interesting.
Ah fair enough.

I'm hopefully for a series where the I.R.A. beat Thatcher and english people finally get to taste the supremacy of the tayto crisp and only the Pierce Brosnan bond films are shown on Sundays(Of course all them re dubbed into his original accent)

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Looks like it will be released every Thursday. How many episodes will Season 1 have?
The ratings of this series will undoubtedly be substantially low, for obvious reasons.
I wonder if they'll be brave enough to make a season 2 when this show inevitably tanks in ratings, and receives backlash from all angles

Dante

Average bang
I can see how some people might find it interesting from a "makes you think" point of view. But its central conceit is not one that grabs me for more than about 30 seconds.

If all this is is a melodrama built on the conceit of a single high-concept, I've got better things to waste my time on.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I highly recommend anyone that likes the concept reads the books instead. I read them growing up and as a mixed race person myself they really were brilliant to read.

I read them all again a couple of years ago, and they still stand up, however they are certainly better if you read with a view of the time they were written.

On to the TV show, I watched the first episode, and it looks ok, but they have changed the storyline quite a lot and being one of my favourite stories it is always going to disappoint me.

Does it really ?

Maybe it's just a bad trailer but why has London turned into a knock off Wakanda set and suddenly got better weather ?
That has to be a bad summation otherwise they've completely changed from the books as it is about so much more than those 2 and a hell of a lot deeper storyline.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Remember enjoying the books as a kid, I'll probably give it a watch.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Does it really ?

Just finished the first episode. I don't see the Wakanda comparisons myself.

Kag

Vividly recall reading the books while in middle school. They had a huge impact on my love of reading at the time.

I watched the first episode last week and it seemed ok. I’ll continue watching, more out of curiosity than anything else.