Now we know it’s (Top 4) in our hands is third in our hands?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You know the drill. Win all our remaining games and top 4 is in our hands. But is top 3 in our reach despite Chelsea’s lead and post Covid form?

Riz

In our reach? Yes
In our hands? Definitely not.

Chelsea win all their games there’s nothing we can do.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
In our reach? Yes
In our hands? Definitely not.

Chelsea win all their games there’s nothing we can do.
But surely if we can reach it (and one usually reaches for things with one’s hands) it’s then in our hands?

el3mel

I think Chelsea will finish 3rd and we'll finish 4th at the end. It doesn't make much difference anyway.

Sambob

Chelsea have to play Sheffield and Liverpool, they could easily drop points there, youd expect them to, so I think we have a fantastic chance.

spiriticon

I honestly think we can finish 3rd. It's a very very real possibility.

Nori-

I think that's jumping the gun a bit.

Chelsea could win their remaining games, Leicester have a point over us and don't forget we could actually lose a game.

Im quite nervous about the Man City decision next week. If their ban is upheld then after this game weeks results, we are almost certainly getting Champions League football.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Thats not how it works.
You must be new to this hands discussion...

We all agree it’s in our reach yes? So how do you reach for something? Do you flail a foot? Do you grip with a lip? Or does one strive to grasp things with one’s hands?

I believe if it is in our reach then it is potentially in our hands only we have yet to make the decision to grab it. Consider a cup of tea on the table, if you can reach it on the table then much like Schrödinger’s cat the tea is both simultaneously in your hands and not in your hands until an observable decision is made.

Quantum mechanics proves it’s in our hands. Prove me wrong.

Kajus

You never wash your hands, you just stand there watching them wash each other really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You must be new to this hands discussion...

We all agree it’s in our reach yes? So how do you reach for something? Do you flail a foot? Do you grip with a lip? Or does one strive to grasp things with one’s hands?

I believe if it is in our reach then it is potentially in our hands only we have yet to make the decision to grab it. Consider a cup of tea on the table, if you can reach it on the table then much like Schrödinger’s cat the tea is both simultaneously in your hands and not in your hands until an observable decision is made.

Quantum mechanics proves it’s in our hands. Prove me wrong.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

ostentatious

Most certainly. Dunno how anyone can argue. We are yet to play Chelsea and Leicester, win both those matches along with the rest and that's it. IN OUR HANDS.

Not really.

laughtersassassin

Let's just hope city get banned. Even though the run in won't be as entertaining we can secure 5th then focus on the FA cup.

.if they don't get banned we have a tough choice to make in regards to resting players.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
When I seize power I'm severing the OP's hands and nailing them to a mast
Pfft good luck getting a hold of them last week they were on 5th, now 4th and 3rd is next. These hands are moving up!

Besides not sure you’ll even be able to reach them from 8th place

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ(3rd)
Fixed it for you

Last edited:

Sambob

Chelsea have to play Sheffield and Liverpool, they could easily drop points there, youd expect them to, so I think we have a fantastic chance.
Thats 3 so far, youd expect a draw from Liverpool and we play Leicester last game of the season too, looking very positive for us, and will have a huge impact on signings.

drmuji

Its well and truly in our hands now. I didnt expect Chelsea to lose points today. I thought their Liverpool one might have costed them but this is just bliss

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
With Chelsea losing today, if we win out, we finish in 3rd. Feels odd to celebrate that, but considering how the season started it will be one hell of an achievement. That game on the last day of the season can very well feel like a cup final...

POF

If United continue on their current run of form there's a good chance they'll have secured 3rd before the Leicester game. United are huge favourites for 3rd now.

Motorman

If United continue on their current run of form there's a good chance they'll have secured 3rd before the Leicester game. United are huge favourites for 3rd now.
That would be great. Pressure off and can prep for Europe League too