Nuno Espírito Santo: Nottingham Forest manager

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Unless Spurs borrow a load of money I’d say there’s no chance Conte goes there. Why would he want to have to work flat out to get Spurs near the top 4 when he’s looking to compete for the Champions League? He’s already proven himself winning the Premier League in his first season so taking a much more difficult job where that that is impossible doesn’t make sense. I don’t see that happening…

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Conte isn't going to Spurs. He could have started on a fresh slate this summer. Why would he go now when they are down and United or PSG job could potentially open up in weeks or months ?

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Levy has caused it and will appease the fans by getting rid of Nuno.

It will be utterly hilarious watching Spurs struggle all season with a striker they rejected over 100m for walking about disinterested.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
How has he not been sacked yet? Tottenham are a disgrace. Absolutely zero ambition from Levy. They will get hammered during the week.

Yakuza_devils

What were they thinking when they sacked Poch? Everyone and their dogs know that was a big mistake. Poch made them good even when Levy keep selling thier best players and replacing them with cheap recruits.

And they replace Poch with Jose and Nuno, the rest is history.

diarm

How has he not been sacked yet? Tottenham are a disgrace. Absolutely zero ambition from Levy. They will get hammered during the week.
They're probably going through the new version of Football Manager, trying to find the name of someone who didn't say no to them in the summer.

Highfather_24

Levy has caused it and will appease the fans by getting rid of Nuno.

It will be utterly hilarious watching Spurs struggle all season with a striker they rejected over 100m for walking about disinterested.
When people were bigging up Levy after he refused to sell Kane, I said its a stupid move. It was just a dick measuring contest for Levy, made zero sense. Happy to see them struggling now.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Only Ole could to go into a game hanging by a thread and manage to come out of it getting the opposition manager sacked. :lol:

Loon

:lol:
After doing reasonably well with Poch, Levy is back throwing the managerial dice. Chelsea seem to be the only buggers who fair well in this regard. Every other manager works.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
After doing reasonably well with Poch, Levy is back throwing the managerial dice. Chelsea seem to be the only buggers who fair well in this regard. Every other manager works.
Chelsea operate on a different level when it comes to appointing managers, since they can attract the elite tier there. Other than Lampard who’s a club legend, they won’t be hiring someone of Nuno’s tier.

The same applies to us in theory, but we just haven’t a clue. Could argue that Mourinho was a relative success for us, and unfortunate in that he was up against City at their absolute peak in his second season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hard to blame him too much, they’ve been a mess for ages. I don’t see what sacking him achieves considering they got repeatedly turned down over the summer. The squad needs serious investment and it won’t happen regardless of who the manager is.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He needs to go because he's an abysmal manager and was even before he came and inherited this mess but I do feel sorry for him.

He's clearly not up for the gravity of the job to do at the moment and the footballing side of the club has been a shambles for 3 seasons now.

Also have to laugh at the Conte links. Why don't we try Guardiola, Klopp and Zidane while we're at it too?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's getting more time as Tottenham manage than I would ever expect. Fonseca is a much better overall manager, never understood why they picked an old school defensive manager over a manager who prefers possession and attacking football.

GlasgowCeltic

I do like how they replaced Mourinho with the less successful Mourinho, feel like Inter have done the same replacing Conte with Inzaghi.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is he really a bad manager? I thought his wolves side when they had Jota, Jimenez, neves, moutinho etc were a decent outfit, certainly caused us a lot of trouble. Last season was not their best but they sold Jota and then lost Jimenez for practically the entire season and had to rely on that 18 year old kid.

lloyd2wayne

I do like how they replaced Mourinho with the less successful Mourinho, feel like Inter have done the same replacing Conte with Inzaghi.
Atleast Inter are playing some nice football and are actually only 4 points of 1st place with more than half the season to go.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Is he really a bad manager? I thought his wolves side when they had Jota, Jimenez, neves, moutinho etc were a decent outfit, certainly caused us a lot of trouble. Last season was not their best but they sold Jota and then lost Jimenez for practically the entire season and had to rely on that 18 year old kid.
You have to consider who our managers were when they gave us a lot of trouble too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They're going to sack Nuno and appoint someone they didn't want in the summer aren't they? :lol: Fonseca was overlooked in the summer and seems Newcastle don't fancy him either.

Think Spurs will finish bottom half, just in a bit of a mess currently.

United in sin

Hah the plastics wanted Ole to be sacked for this game and old Nuno might be the one getting the elbow.
A multitude of real supporters want Solskjaer gone too

This. They played some real good football then and caused many big teams problems. They were playing better football than united

United in sin

I don't understand why he had Son playing out on the wings. He's more dangerous coming central. It seems Spurs have become a team thats shy to commit players in the box when attacking. Kane was drifting everywhere

FatTails

They have hardly been great this season, but 8th place and currently 2 points behind top 4 is not exactly a full blown crisis no?

That Spurs side have been in turmoil for a long time now and their star player and captain seems to have downed tools. Its not an easy job
Points flatter them. They’ve scored 9 goals in 10 games and conceded 16, AND they’ve been extremely lucky. Adjusted for their xG and xGA, they would be 15th in the table. They can neither defend well nor are they creating chances.

Basically, there is not a single redeeming feature to the team under him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pathetic that Tottenham are a better run club than we are.
How are they? They literally sacked Jose Mourinho, told the world it was because they didn’t like his style of play and were going to get a more offensive manager, only to end up with Nuno. Who, may I add, was like 7th on their fecking list after being rejected by everyone and their dog.

So pathetic.

Idxomer

Points flatter them. They’ve scored 9 goals in 10 games and conceded 16, AND they’ve been extremely lucky. Adjusted for their xG and xGA, they would be 15th in the table. They can neither defend well nor are they creating chances.

Basically, there is not a single redeeming feature to the team under him.

Yep, they got very lucky in their first three games.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Pathetic that Tottenham are a better run club than we are.
Do some people even think before writing here?
If there is one club being worse run than us it’s Spurs.
From hiring Mourinho, to sacking him days before a cup final, then hiring Nuno, then rejecting a great deal from City potentially with player swaps on top for a player who desperately wanted out, then keeping playing him when he clearly couldn’t care less - so many poor decisions.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Being better run doesn't only have to do with on field success.
What exactly are you getting at then? You are praising them for potentially sacking a manager, if that isn't linked to on field success I don't know what it is. This is a team that was in the Champions league final just two years ago.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
When people were bigging up Levy after he refused to sell Kane, I said its a stupid move. It was just a dick measuring contest for Levy, made zero sense. Happy to see them struggling now.
He’s deluded and thinks Spurs are somehow competing with City (and all other PL clubs). That leads to unreasonable decision making which will long term prevent them from establishing themselves as a top team. Not sure how keen City were though seeing as apparently no formal bid was even submitted.

Blood Mage

In current form Spurs are the 3rd worst team in the league behind Norwich and Newcastle. His sacking is only a matter of time.