Nuno Espírito Santo: Nottingham Forest manager

el3mel

Spurs are so embarrassing it's ridiculous. They look even worse than what they were under Mourinho.

Disastrous appointment.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Nuno didn't look so shit at Wolves or am I wrong? Of course it doesn't help when your main striker is ghosting through games as a practice now.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nuno didn't look so shit at Wolves or am I wrong? Of course it doesn't help when your main striker is ghosting through games as a practice now.
Got given a Europa League quality team while in the Championship and successfully took them to the Europa League places. He's absolutely bang average and plays shit on a stick football to get those average results.

His reputation was built on the false idea of him taking an actual Championship team as high as he took Wolves, but that's not what they've been at all since the Mendes dodgy dealings.

el3mel

No they played shit football as well. Results were good but his football has always been shit. Now he has a team who have a shit defensive players so his tactics are more exposed.

saivet

Wolves were always pretty boring but last season was an underwhelming season for Wolves, not as bad as this but Wolves were not good last season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He's been treated badly by the classless fans. Why abuse and mock whilst the game is on ?

Spurs should be ashamed of themselves. Utterly scandalous behaviour.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought he'd be a decent fit for them. I was wrong.

Spurs are just drifting in no mans land now.

Problem for them is they should've sold Kane and had the rebuild season now. Instead it will have to happen next year so will waste two seasons instead of just 12 months.

Nick7

I’d say yes. They were a fecking awful team to watch. They sat back and got most of their results from playing defensively.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's been treated badly by the classless fans. Why abuse and mock whilst the game is on ?

Spurs should be ashamed of themselves. Utterly scandalous behaviour.
It was funny to see fecking Spurs fans throwing tantrums at substitutions etc and just generally giving their players and manager a tonne more abuse than any of ours got while getting twatted 5-0 by Liverpool. :lol:

They really do come across as spoiled by having been half decent for a handful of years.

Loon

:lol:
He was quite good at getting a result out of United, but it seems to have deserted him. I doubt he'll be afforded the same treatment as Solskjaer.

BorisManUtd

They are terrible. Defending for our 3 goal was joke. And they never had any kind of idea going forward, just passing around and eventually it results into nothing.

Think they'll be looking to bring back Pochettino, perhaps even wait for him to get sacked at PSG. Or they may go for Conte this time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Potter would be a really good fit for them imo, said it in the summer.

Although they'll probably get him in just as they sell Kane, sign Welbeck or something and then he'll just have the same issues as at Brighton. :lol:

Rex Banner

He'll be gone before too long. I always thought it was quite a poor appointment, Potter would be have been a much more inspiring choice, but I thought they'd at least be defensively solid like Wolves were.

They haven't kept a clean sheet since August and they've got a -7 goal difference. Was shocked to see how high they are in the table but 9 of their 15 points came in those first three games of the season.

432JuanMata

Potter would be a really good fit for them imo, said it in the summer.

Although they'll probably get him in just as they sell Kane, sign Welbeck or something and then he'll just have the same issues as at Brighton. :lol:
I was shocked they didn’t go for Potter. Nuno did well at Wolves but they had great players and they didn’t score much and were boring.
Potter was perfect as he is great tactically, overachieving at Brighton and does well on a budget which Levy would love

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Was gutted when his move to us didn’t go through but a massive bullet dodged

Zen

How come he has no one playing on the left or well.... even, centre forward. Anything I saw of Son, he was on Moura's side? And Kane was pretty deep, but no real structure to runners out wide for him to even operate like that, fend off Moura/Son on the side and United were laughing, easy work with the 3 CB's too.

Say what you want about Ole's defensive structure and tactics, but that forward line does..... nothing, there's no cohesion at all. I've not watched them much, but that explains the incredibly shit output if it's regularly like that.

Should of just ran with Ryan Mason for a year.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's pants.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He'll be gone before too long. I always thought it was quite a poor appointment, Potter would be have been a much more inspiring choice, but I thought they'd at least be defensively solid like Wolves were.

They haven't kept a clean sheet since August and they've got a -7 goal difference. Was shocked to see how high they are in the table but 9 of their 15 points came in those first three games of the season.
Even at wolves his defensive record went down during the end of his tenure.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I still can't believe how many managers they agreed/approached before they finally decided on him. It really was a ridiculous number.

Conte, Fonseca, Ten Hag, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Sarri, Benitez, Rodgers... before it really got desperate... Parker, Howe, Gattuso (sparked a fan backlash) Klinsmann ("throws his hat into the ring for the job") :lol:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wolves the last 18-24 months of Nuno was completely tumescent football. They were horrific to watch, usually just made the games awful and hoped to nick it 2nd half. Prior to that they were actually pretty good to watch and tended to press high. I remember the FA cup game against United where they were excellent to watch. Style completely changed despite their players being well suited to playing attacking football.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Potter would be good for them I think.

Although I honestly question if Potter would join them, he has a good lil thing going on there down south.

Redfrog

It was shit at Wolves. He just had the Jimenez injury factor in the last season

His wolves teams scored:

47 goals in 18/19
51 goals in 19/20
36 goals in 20/21

That's a dreadful return in each season
I never understood the narrative that he played good football in the media. It always was ultra defensive and with no end product. Wolves were a solid team who had a good year when they went up, as it can happen many time.

It’s like this Neves stuff. Don’t see the hype over him.

Sylar

It's been bad decision after decision after decision for spurs

Could go back further but bringing in Jose was a huge mistake. Then sacking him before a cup final, the one thing he managed to get them into (despite luck of a bye and some low level teams)
Then the search for the manager, and settling on who they did
But couple that with not cashing in on Kane for close to 150m which could have got them three or four decent additions especially after tying down Son somehow

I don't see why managers like conte would now join spurs after not going in the summer. Nothing has changed in terms of budget available to spend unless a manager gets a guarantee for the next summer and sees this season as a free hit

Caesar2290

Potter would be good for them I think.

Although I honestly question if Potter would join them, he has a good lil thing going on there down south.
They will go for Graham Potter If they do decide to sack Nuno
That or Hassenhuthl is their best bet. The man is good at relegation dog fights and for once plays actual attacking football with a bang average Soton side.

I think if he goes there, he's definitely going to finish in the top 8

BorisManUtd

They will go for Graham Potter If they do decide to sack Nuno
And that would be a wise decision for a change. He'd transform them in a decent team playing some good stuff. With few good signings, even top 4 contenders.

Funny thing to me today was how good the atmosphere was at the stadium (at least it sounded like that watching it on stream), Spurs fans probably thinking how Liverpool trashed us and they're about to beat us as well, only for their team to look clueless and lose 3-0 :lol: we're a mess, Tottenham are maybe even bigger mess.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I can't believe how bad Spurs are under him. Completely soulless and uninspiring. At least with Jose, you had the whole psychodrama thing and circus that surrounds him, but this guy is just a charisma vacuum isn't he?

Surely he's gone by the international break. Sometimes it's best to just call it quits regardless of how short the tenure is.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Wolves the last 18-24 months of Nuno was completely tumescent football. They were horrific to watch, usually just made the games awful and hoped to nick it 2nd half. Prior to that they were actually pretty good to watch and tended to press high. I remember the FA cup game against United where they were excellent to watch. Style completely changed despite their players being well suited to playing attacking football.
Yes that game is perhaps the reason why I felt so weird seeing Nuno's pathetic football yesterday. Think we scored first there and they came back to beat us 2-1.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He won’t go there, nobody wants to manage them. Nuno was like their 4th choice, everyone else turned them down. They’re a mess.
Hassenhuttl or Potter would be brilliant for them. Don't know how they ended up with Nuno of all people.