Nuno sacked

ZupZup

Yes, look at the loser fans crying because their club is the laughing stock of football. Rather be a alpha like you who laughs because their club is being run by a bunch of clowns.
Worry not young Padawan... I can teach you.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why don’t the people saying United make them sick go off the forum for a bit? It’s become a bit silly.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't know what ambitions and goals they have, but evidently they're higher than ours. Sack a manager they believe is underperforming and then go get a world class one while we sit with Ole and HOPE for a top 4 place despite spending 500 million. This tells a lot our club, not Spurs. If Ole by some miracle got the job at Madrid and Bayern, club we should look up to as to how they are run, he'd have been shown the door ages ago.
Are they though? They ended up 7th last season, not even getting in the EL, sacking Jose days before the final, talks of dressing room unrest and their biggest star player pushing on for a move. We are not privy to what goes on in the Spurs dressign room and if the players have downed tools then of course Nuno had to go, but then again, if that is the case though its evidence of a VERY toxic dressing room and it wont be easy to turn around for anyone

Them sacking Nuno just 4 months into his tenure does not look to me like a club with ambitions and a strategy. It looks like a club who is flailing in the dark

Sviken

Are they though? They ended up 7th last season, not even getting in the EL, sacking Jose days before the final, talks of dressing room unrest and their biggest star player pushing on for a move. We are not privy to what goes on in the Spurs dressign room and if the players have downed tools then of course Nuno had to go, but then again, if that is the case though its evidence of a VERY toxic dressing room and it wont be easy to turn around for anyone

Them sacking Nuno just 4 months into his tenure does not look to me like a club with ambitions and a strategy. It looks like a club who is flailing in the dark
I specifically said "believe". Whether they are underperforming or not is a different topic entirely, but they have the ambitions of a top club, that's for sure. While we do not. When Chelsea sackd Lampard to get Tuchel did they flail in the dark, too?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Levy really is a prat. Fecked about taking ages to sack Jose. Then takes ages over the Summer to appoint their 3rd/4th choice Manager, then sacks him a few months into the job. :lol:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I specifically said "believe". Whether they are underperforming or not is a different topic entirely, but they have the ambitions of a top club, that's for sure. While we do not. When Chelsea sackd Lampard to get Tuchel did they flail in the dark, too?
I’m pretty sure Lampard was not there for only 4 months.

Sviken

I’m pretty sure Lampard was not there for only 4 months.
So? Did he need to stay 5 years at the job for Roman to understand he was not good enough? I realized Ole was not good enough after his first season. Shame our board didn't.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Chelsea and Spurs are not comparable. Chelsea have won plenty the last decade and had a very good squad, and Lampard had been allowed one and a half season to get it to work.

Fair enough, maybe they have "ambitions" to be a top club, but i also think they are delusional

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sacking a manager after 17 games is weird unless he’s lost the dressing room.
I also have a really hard time imagining Conte wanting to go to Spurs.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Conte would be fighting Levy about the transferbudget. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could be the ultimate brinkmanship to put huge pressure on our board!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Conte would be fighting Levy about the transferbudget. :lol:
Didn’t he quit Inter because he was unhappy with their transfer strategy? Hard to see him accepting whatever Spurs can offer.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
So? Did he need to stay 5 years at the job for Roman to understand he was not good enough? I realized Ole was not good enough after his first season. Shame our board didn't.
Here’s what he said:

“Them sacking Nuno just 4 months into his tenure does not look to me like a club with ambitions and a strategy. It looks like a club who is flailing in the dark”

That is correct IMO. The Lampard situation is not the same because they didn’t sack him after 4 months. 4 months is a ridiculous amount of time to give a manger and only a stupid board would behave like that.

Jagga7

I thought we poorly run. But sacking Mourinho and hiring Nuno has to be the no1 stupid decision this year.

Pavl3n

I really can't wrap my head around the idea Spurs are a acting like big club, when they couldn't come to agreement with Conte back in the summer.
Conte probably pointed out that the squad needs a few additions and Levy was stingy about it, that's why Conte backed out. Now Levy is regretting for not granting Conte's demands.
Kane's situation is another proof that Levy is a stubborn prat. He should've sold him for £150m and bought some replacement for £25-30m and kept the rest of the money.

Anyhow, Spurs fans should be happy that Levy realised his mistake and went back in for Conte. Probably had to make promises to Conte that the club will invest in January. I'm not too familiar with the Spurs' squad, but they might have the personnel to deploy a 3-4-3. Front 3 of Son-Kane-Moura is not bad and Hojbjerg is a solid midfielder.
I'm intrigued to see how Conte transforms Tottenham.

UpWithRivers

They are only 2 points behind us. They have had much harder fixtures. They didnt have much cash to spend. And on top of it Kane has downed tools. What did they expect after 17 games

Sviken

Here’s what he said:

“Them sacking Nuno just 4 months into his tenure does not look to me like a club with ambitions and a strategy. It looks like a club who is flailing in the dark”

That is correct IMO. The Lampard situation is not the same because they didn’t sack him after 4 months. 4 months is a ridiculous amount of time to give a manger and only a stupid board would behave like that.
Who are you to judge if it is flailing in the dark or what? If they hire Conte and get a top 4 place, that'd be hugely successful for them and disastrous for us. It's that simple. They have zero to lose from getting rid of Nuno. We're the only football club in the world that sticks with a manager, horribly out of his depth, and expect miracles sometime in the future. Spurs are doing what any sane club would do.

hobbers

More ambitious club than us so well done to them.

Look forward to conte going there and locking us out of the top four.

The Oracle

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has been offered an 18-month contract by Tottenham, according to Sky in Italy.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Theyll probably turn into a better team than us with Conte in charge though.
Highly likely. At least Levy has taken decisive action. Good luck to them. Far more progressive than United. Their stadium is little short of amazing.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Here’s what he said:

But they really didn't want him in the first place.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Highly likely. At least Levy has taken decisive action. Good luck to them. Far more progressive than United. Their stadium is little short of amazing.
They have a decent enough squad where it could work too. Kane and Son as strikers, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Hojbjorg sitting behind them in midfield, Reguillon and Emerson wing backs. They don't really have to care about European football either.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Insane how many people on here can't get their head around the fact that our board clearly doesn't fancy Conte. I still think Ole is on borrowed time, but i'm quite glad we didn't just buckle and get the easy option, if we feel it's not the right one.

If we fancied Conte, we'd have sacked Ole last week.

I still think that Ten Hag, Rodgers or Poch will be in charge at the start of next season.

I don't expect much from Conte at Spurs

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ssshhh. This is the mentality of an ‘elite club’.
Honestly hilarious reading these posts. There's a reason why a lot of Tottenham fans want Levy out and it's no wonder that Levy acted as soon as the fans starting chanting him to leave. Self preservation. It still makes me laugh that the fired Jose days before a cup final and then took months to find a replacement only to hire a Jose lite.

Highfather_24

Conte will have Tottenham playing better football than Ole's United, and overtake us in the league with a lesser squad.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I suggested to somebody that we should take Conte on a 2 year contract and if he starts falling out with people or it doesn't work out, then get rid. Their response was 'no way would Conte take a 2 year deal'. Go figure.

Although they're probably right, he'd have had his way with Woodward and got a 3-4 year deal. Other clubs aren't pushovers though.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Who are you to judge if it is flailing in the dark or what? If they hire Conte and get a top 4 place, that'd be hugely successful for them and disastrous for us. It's that simple. They have zero to lose from getting rid of Nuno. We're the only football club in the world that sticks with a manager, horribly out of his depth, and expect miracles sometime in the future. Spurs are doing what any sane club would do.
Again you are conflating situations that do not resemble each other. The Ole situation is different from the Nuno situation which is different from the Lampard situation.

Let’s deal with the Nuno situation first. To sack someone ten games into the season when you don’t spend any money on players is stupid. Point blank. What are they expecting, miracles? If you’re going to ask him to work on a shoestring then you have to give him time to implement his ideas.

With Ole, United have spent a billion over the last 10 transfer windows and he’s been there for 3 years without a trophy so if you want to sack him it’s not an outrageous decision at all. I’m not an Ole guy. But it’s a totally different thing from Spurs.

With Lampard, Chelsea expect a lot from their managers and quickly because they spend a lot of money. But they still haven’t sacked anyone after 10 league games, to the best of my knowledge. Again, a totally different situation from Spurs.