Nuno sacked

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm really surprised Spurs arn't trying to get Potter.
Potter is very good and is destined for a big job soon - I'd happily take him at Spurs but not right now. The problem we have is that we have some very arrogant players who think they can just faff about collecting their huge wage at the end of the week. We need somebody like Conte to come in and basically scare the shite out of them and bash some heads together.

FatTails

Three managers Daniel Levy has sacked in three years, like Roman Abramovich without the trophies.
It’s necessary to chase the right manager, but not sufficient.

No one said otherwise. No why you expect Spurs with their transfer budget and wage bill to beat the likes of Chelsea, City, and us, to trophies, that’s the real question.

BlueHaze

Potter is very good and is destined for a big job soon - I'd happily take him at Spurs but not right now. The problem we have is that we have some very arrogant players who think they can just faff about collecting their huge wage at the end of the week. We need somebody like Conte to come in and basically scare the shite out of them and bash some heads together.
Yeah, I understand that. It's just.. Well I think if Potter should take the next step Tottenham would be a good fit.

Highfather_24

The reason Tottenham are going for Conte and not Potter/Rodgers, is because they have more ambition that us. We would rather take a punt on a manager and see where that takes us, rather than getting a world class manager. The irony is, our squad is more primed for immediate success.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
I can uderstand why Tottenham would want Conte.

I can't understand why Conte would want to go there.

90 + 5min

You must be really clutching at straws to look at the fanbase and draw those sort of conclusions.
Not really. Just looking at threads and posts last couple of days/weeks. It's not like there haven't been billions reasons why we should sack Solskjaer. Everything from valid points presented to billion of ridiculous points.

redrobed

Conte’s not going to Spurs. It’s his dream to come to Utd

romufc

The reason Tottenham are going for Conte and not Potter/Rodgers, is because they have more ambition that us. We would rather take a punt on a manager and see where that takes us, rather than getting a world class manager. The irony is, our squad is more primed for immediate success.
So sacking a manager after a few months and hiring Conte is a sign of ambition? Because they got Conte they have more ambition right?

Forget about United paying the highest wages, signing Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo. That isn't ambition?

As a United fan, what would you say your ambitions are? PL & CL I assume?

Conte may be very good in the league but is a 2/3 year manager, can you guarantee he will win us the league? We tried it with Jose, who had 10 x better CV than Conte.

If CL is your ambition, go have a look at Conte's record when it comes to European competitions.

I would rather us take a bit of time and find a manager than just get Conte because he is available.

Lastly, go and have a look at the players he targets, leaving the squad with average players when he falls out with people at the club.

norm87cro

Why would Conte go to Tottenham? The club is a mess and it really isn't going anywhere. Winning a league like Serie A with Juventus isn't really rocket science. Chelsea and Inter are much better clubs than Spurs too. Conte isn't going anywhere where his own limitations are going to be exposed (and that includes us). Let's say we get Poch (who also isn't the best option) and I can see Conte going for PSG.

Highfather_24

So sacking a manager after a few months and hiring Conte is a sign of ambition? Because they got Conte they have more ambition right?
Tottenham are not a well run club. But they saw their manager was not working, they decided to cut their losses, and rather than going for a manager who might or might not win anything, they went for the best possible option. That's ambition. Unlike us, where we would rather stick with Ole or "go british" with Rodgers, who is a bottler.

Conte may be very good in the league but is a 2/3 year manager, can you guarantee he will win us the league? We tried it with Jose, who had 10 x better CV than Conte.
This is the kind of dumb shite G.Neville says. Mourinho was on a downward spiral, while Conte is in his managerial prime. Also Conte doesnt leave teams in a mess like Mourinho does, teams he leaves go on to be succesful, and he doesnt leave a toxic dressing room either. He is a world class manager, a brilliant tactician, and a winner. That's more than what can be said of Ole, Rodgers etc. 3 years is the average time a manager stays anyway. Even "long term" managers might not stay long term, as things change really fast in football. No manager guarantees anything, but out of options mentioned like Ten Hag, Conte and Rodgers, Conte is the most sure bet of success.

I would rather us take a bit of time and find a manager than just get Conte because he is available.
FFS, wake up man. How much time do we need? Its beyond obvious Ole is not the man for the job. We have a squad primed to win things. We would have more of a chance with Conte than with the other options mentioned. If we waste this season and finish outside top 4, Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba all will leave. Cant see Varane staying around for a Europa league team. Just like that we would have wasted the best squad we had since SAF. Why not hire Conte who would make us a really well coached team till atleast 2023, when we can go for the next manager like Ten Hag, Enrique, Potter(after observing how they do in the meantime as none of them are available now).

R'hllor

18 months might actually be perfect for Spurs in most scenarios. For starters he wont moan until January but even he knows that transfers in January window are just hard to do. So they gonna have him not shaking a boat for few months until Summer, Levi probably gonna sell him some shit and promises.

So next year when transfer window is done, in worst case scenario for them, he will either be pissed at Levi for being lied to or he will have some Kane money, if things go tits up, they will sack him, payout wont be huge due lenght of contract left and they go again.

Kaos

Conte’s not going to Spurs. It’s his dream to come to Utd
He can dream all he wants, but if our board of clowns have told him there’s no chance and they’re sticking with Ole or going for the David Brent impersonator at Leicester, then he’s hardly going to wait. He wants to be back at work and the PL appeals to him.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I assume Spurs are more desperate now and willing to give in to his demands. Could be money but also could be about signings he would get.
But surely they were desperate in the Summer as well. Think Conte was waiting for the Utd job to open up, and now seems to be open to other options now that Utd are continuing with Ole.

redrobed

He can dream all he wants, but if our board of clowns have told him there’s no chance and they’re sticking with Ole or going for the David Brent impersonator at Leicester, then he’s hardly going to wait. He wants to be back at work and the PL appeals to him.
The only thing stopping the board from sacking Ole is the fact they’re so stingy they won’t want to pay the compo. Wouldn’t surprise me if Conte’s that keen to join us he offers to contribute to the compo to see Ole off so he can take the reigns.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Gotta be honest I'm absolutely buzzing at the thought of Conte coming to Spurs -- he was my top pick in the summer and was really gutted when it fell through. He is exactly what we have needed since Poch left - he will rip through our squad and fire a rocket up a few arses and not pander to them. We need to be ruthless and Conte is perfect.
He’s going to be great for you. I can see a title on a horizon if he’s backed and you keep Kane.

Josh 76

If Conte gets 4th with Spurs at the expense of Ole’s Utd, would love to hear what Gary Neville and The Glazers would say!

romufc

Tottenham are not a well run club. But they saw their manager was not working, they decided to cut their losses, and rather than going for a manager who might or might not win anything, they went for the best possible option. That's ambition. Unlike us, where we would rather stick with Ole or "go british" with Rodgers, who is a bottler.
Yes, they got the next best available manager, one who they tried to get in the summer. Nuno was like 8th choice, if the club had ambition they would have got Conte in the first place. Fair play though, they got him now.

This is the kind of dumb shite G.Neville says. Mourinho was on a downward spiral, while Conte is in his managerial prime. Also Conte doesnt leave teams in a mess like Mourinho does, teams he leaves go on to be succesful, and he doesnt leave a toxic dressing room either. He is a world class manager, a brilliant tactician, and a winner. That's more than what can be said of Ole, Rodgers etc.
Jose was appointed United manager in 2016, he last won the PL in 2015. Downward spiral yep.

So we have a manager who is at the peak of his career, can you remind me during his peak, how well did he do in the CL? Cause I really want us to do well in the CL too.

A manager in his prime has won 3 tophies since 2015, even worse in the CL, with Chelsea knocked out in last 16, with Inter finished bottom of the group. yes a winner Indeed.

Won a title at Chelsea then finished 5th... yep so much a winner.

FFS, wake up man. How much time do we need? Its beyond obvious Ole is not the man for the job. We have a squad primed to win things. We would have more of a chance with Conte than with the other options mentioned. If we waste this season and finish outside top 4, Ronaldo, Cavani, Pogba all will leave. Cant see Varane staying around for a Europa league team. Just like that we would have wasted the best squad we had since SAF. Why not hire Conte who would make us a really well coached team till atleast 2023, when we can go for the next manager like Ten Hag, Enrique, Potter(after observing how they do in the meantime as none of them are available now).
I am not saying give time to Ole. I know Ole isn't the man for the job. Football doesn't work like that if you didn;t know, you cant just go from a Defensive 5 at the back manager to a total football manager as if its FIFA. The reason the club have not acted is because there are reservations on Conte, rightly so.

Cavani is going to leave anyway, so will Pogba which might be the better for the club anyway.

So if Conte comes in, who is guaranteeing top 4? Lets see if Spurs get top 4 after appointing Conte then.

Highfather_24

So we have a manager who is at the peak of his career, can you remind me during his peak, how well did he do in the CL? Cause I really want us to do well in the CL too.

A manager in his prime has won 3 tophies since 2015, even worse in the CL, with Chelsea knocked out in last 16, with Inter finished bottom of the group. yes a winner Indeed.

Won a title at Chelsea then finished 5th... yep so much a winner.
If you think Conte is not a winner, despite him winning a league title wherever he went, just because his CL record is bad, I dont really have anything to say :lol:

Enjoy having us finish in Europa league places with Ole, I guess.

lawliet354

BREAKING: Antonio Conte will be in London today to hold talks with Tottenham, Sky in Italy are reporting.
Just fecking end me already ffs :lol:

Klopp, Pep, Conte and Tuchel in Premier League, yet none of them manage Manchester United

Ole will probably still be the manager when all of them eventually resign or are sacked

Rista

This is a ridiculous point. Of course you can't guarantee anything in football. Even getting Klopp or Pep in wouldn't guarantee anything. It would give us a better chance. We tried what exactly with Jose, hiring a good manager? Implying that it didn't work so it's not worth doing anymore?

Sacking Nuno and replacing him with a better manager is a sign of ambition, yes. People on here for some reason have such a hard time accepting sacking underperforming managers is reality in football.

romufc

If you think Conte is not a winner, despite him winning a league title wherever he went, just because his CL record is bad, I dont really have anything to say :lol:

Okay, the only reason a winner takes a job is he think he can win the league right? Lets see how many titles he wins at Spurs then.

I guess Ranieri is a winner, cause he's won a league title?

SeanyC

Find it amazing though that Fabrizo Romano mentioned in a tweet that the only club Conte would listen to during the season was us. That’s a big change or the journos are lying again

FatTails

Wonder what he makes of SAF, who only won two CLs with United despite alway have a strong squad and dominating one of the strongest and most competitive leagues of Europe.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
So what does that mean for us if we want to get Conte?
We don’t. They can have him. He still has to work for Levy.

Edit : I rate Conte. He’d do well with this squad. I just feel we need an evolution and not Revolution. Employ him, but have a succession plan. Don’t give him money to spend on anyone over 30.

romufc

This is a ridiculous point. Of course you can't guarantee anything in football. Even getting Klopp or Pep in wouldn't guarantee anything. It would give us a better chance. We tried what exactly with Jose, hiring a good manager? Implying that it didn't work so it's not worth doing anymore?

Sacking Nuno and replacing him with a better manager is a sign of ambition, yes. People on here for some reason have such a hard time accepting sacking underperforming managers is reality in football.
The way the poster put it is as if a new manager will come and change things at the club.

No, not hiring a good manager, hiring a defensive manager and we really struggled post Jose too.

Conte is a short term manager, if he doesnt win you the PL/Cl in 2 years he will leave the place in a bad shape.

So sacking a manager who was 8th choice after 3 months means ambition? Us making signings like Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho is not sign of ambition.

I agree, you should sack underperforming managers, so he should have been sacked back end of last season not now when results are going bad. Its not all of a sudden he is a bad manager, Ole has never been a good manager and should have gone end of last season.

Clearly, the club dont think Conte is the way forward, I agree with that. Hiring someone cause they are available, with the squad we have he does not suit it.

romufc

i dont think you get it.
No I dont get it.

A winner who has won 3 trophies since 2015.

When was last time he got past quarter final of CL?

Yep, that's the manager we should have. Sure.

Some people on here making it sound as if he is something special.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
....................................Lloris.......................................
.........Dier....................Romero..............Sanchez.......
Emmerson......Hjoberg............Skipp...............Regullon
.....................................Ndombele...............................
........................Kane........................Son.........................

possibly add a midfielder in January and conte is going to have that team close to if not in a CL spot:nervous:

always_hoping

It’s necessary to chase the right manager, but not sufficient.

No one said otherwise. No why you expect Spurs with their transfer budget and wage bill to beat the likes of Chelsea, City, and us, to trophies, that’s the real question.
You need to ask Levy he has the ambition for trophies and will keep sacking managers until he finds what he believes is right man.

Spurs are a club with a fancy new stadium that hasn't won any trophy for 13 years, in that time even Leicester won the Premier league and FA Cup. BTW wouldn't be hard to beat United to trophies when the owners are just happy with a top 4 place.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The table doesn't always tell the truth. They look exceptionally shit in their general play, Kane was a golden boot winner last year and he looks half the player now etc. etc.

It's unlikely that he'll get top four, and even if he does get top four Nuno's not the right manager for them.
Again, doesn’t a manager need more than 10 games to get a side playing the way he wants them to play? Is everyone taking crazy pills today or something?!