Nuri Sahin

H10

Huseyin 10
Amazing turkish prodigy. His got the whole of europe chasing him including United, chelski and arsenal. He is going to be a great player in the future. Already a full international with Turkey. Scored in his debut against germany. He plays for Borussia Dortmund.

Remember the name. Nuri Sahin.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
CR7fan said:
Amazing turkish prodigy. His got the whole of europe chasing him including United, chelski and arsenal. He is going to be a great player in the future. Already a full international with Turkey. Scored in his debut against germany. He plays for Borussia Dortmund.

Remember the name. Nuri Sahin.

He sounds amazing, which games have you seen play in?

H10

Huseyin 10
heightmassive said:
He sounds amazing, which games have you seen play in?
In the u17 World youth cup. He scored 4 plus 2 assists. He won the adidas bronze ball, which means he was 3rd best player in the tournament, but he also won the adidas silver shoe, becuase he came second in the top goalscorer category, despite being a midfilder. He scored against germany in his full debut, and also scored for Borussia recently against nurnberg. He is the pride of Turkey.

MUFC187

Looked decent against Bayern at the weekend. Mature on the pitch for his age; took all Dortmund's set pieces and they often looked for him when in possesion, didn't seem to mind the responsibility.

'Youngest ever' at pretty much everything he has done. German league debut, German league goalscorer, Turkish international, Turkish goalscorer.

Mr Wenger has the inside track apparently.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
CR7fan said:
In the u17 World youth cup. He scored 4 plus 2 assists. He won the adidas bronze ball, which means he was 3rd best player in the tournament, but he also won the adidas silver shoe, becuase he came second in the top goalscorer category, despite being a midfilder. He scored against germany in his full debut, and also scored for Borussia recently against nurnberg. He is the pride of Turkey.
I could have googled those stats or got a computer game to confirm them, my question was, which games did you see him in and how well did he perform?

H10

Huseyin 10
heightmassive said:
I could have googled those stats or got a computer game to confirm them, my question was, which games did you see him in and how well did he perform?
And I answered your question in the first part of my response. However I will repeat, I saw him play in the Under 17 tournaments and saw his debut for Turkey, where he scored. I've also seen clips of his goal and assists for Borrussia.

H10

Huseyin 10
MUFC187 said:
Looked decent against Bayern at the weekend. Mature on the pitch for his age; took all Dortmund's set pieces and they often looked for him when in possesion, didn't seem to mind the responsibility.

'Youngest ever' at pretty much everything he has done. German league debut, German league goalscorer, Turkish international, Turkish goalscorer.

Mr Wenger has the inside track apparently.
If he ends up at arsenal or chelsea I'm going to be really pissed. I hope he comes to manchester United. Would be one heck of a talented trio alongside Rooney and Ronaldo if not the talented quad with Rossi included.

MUFC187

He doesn't want to leave Dortmund for a few years apparently but the club's financial disasters might mean he doesn't have a choice.

Looks a flair player so he might prefer Spain.

H10

Huseyin 10
MUFC187 said:
He doesn't want to leave Dortmund for a few years apparently but the club's financial disasters might mean he doesn't have a choice.

Looks a flair player so he might prefer Spain.
Not sure if it was chelsea or Arsenal who tried to sign him, but the offer was rejected.

H10

Huseyin 10
Borussia Dortmund have denied that Chelsea are the latest Premiership giant to launch a bid for their prized starlet Nuri Sahin.

The hugely talented midfielder, who has just turned 17, is already a member of Borussia's first team after coming through the club's youth system.

Sahin has just returned home from the World Under-17 Championship in Peru - where he helped his native Turkey to fourth place and again he impressed.

A host of clubs were already aware of Sahin's abilities - and Arsenal had a bid turned down for him in August.

The Gunners have kept abreast of his progress, while Manchester United and Chelsea are believed to have stepped up their interest - although a reported bid from The Blues has been denied.

It was claimed in the German press that Chelsea's new sporting director Frank Arnesen personally scouted Sahin, during a trip to the youth championship in South America, and he instructed the club to make a move.

"So far we haven't received an offer yet," declared Hans-Joachim Watzke, Dortmund's managing director.

"He is our future and will soon take the Bundesliga in storm, we don't really plan to sell him."

Sahin, who is expected to make his full international debut this weekend as Turkey face Germany, is contracted at the Westfalenstadion until 2009.

Despite Watzke's stance - Dortmund are still in financial trouble and they may find it difficult to continue fending off the strong interest.

H10

Huseyin 10
Borussia Dortmund have turned down a €3 million (£2 million) offer from Arsenal for midfield sensation Nuri Sahin.

The young Turk, aged just 16, recently helped his country to win the Under-17 European championships and is widely regarded as the most talented Bundesliga player of his generation.

He only joined Bert Van Marwijk’s professional squad this summer and became the Bundesliga’s youngest-ever player to star in Europe when he was used in Dortmund’s goalless InterToto Cup draw against Sigma Olomouc.

Sahin is expected to make his Bundesliga debut on Saturday when Dortmund kick off their season with a visit to Wolfsburg’s Volkswagen-Arena.

Van Marwijk has reportedly urged the financially struggling club to keep hold of the youngster, who has also been scouted by Chelsea and Manchester United.

"If we keep him, Nuri will give us plenty of joy in the future," stressed the Dutch coach.

Managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke confirmed that Arsenal have made a firm bid for the youngster, but were told that Sahin is not for sale at the moment.

"We could have cashed in €3 million from Arsenal for him, but Sahin is tied to us until 2009 and in a couple of years he is sure to be worth a lot more," Watzke told Sportbild.

Arsenal's scouting network is vast and they have had huge success in recent years snapping up youngsters such as Cesc Fabregas, Philippe Senderos, Gael Clichy and Arturo Lupoli, but this time they look to have failed in their bid to snatch Sahin.

H10

Huseyin 10
I'm uploading a comp of his. You can all then see how good he is.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
CR7fan said:
And I answered your question in the first part of my response. However I will repeat, I saw him play in the Under 17 tournaments and saw his debut for Turkey, where he scored. I've also seen clips of his goal and assists for Borrussia.
furry muff he sounds great.

Under 17's is a long way off top level though, do you think he can make the move?

Who did he play against in the under 17's, where was the competition, were you at the match?

MUFC187

Well, Dortmund have the highest average attendance in Europe and like I said before, he seems to take a lot of responsibility in the side. So it seems that like Rooney - little phases him, which is a good sign.

Still, Dortmund are a mid-table side these days so it certainly would be a big jump to join one of Europe's top sides.

H10

Huseyin 10
heightmassive said:
furry muff he sounds great.

Under 17's is a long way off top level though, do you think he can make the move?

Who did he play against in the under 17's, where was the competition, were you at the match?
Well this year he has broken into Borussia Dortmund's first team and is always starting for them and as someone already mentioned, he takes most of their set plays and is basically their most creative force alongside Rosicky. He is still too young but when he reaches the age of 20ish I would like to see him at United. He is defientely going to be a huge star. Potentially the most talented player Turkey has ever produced.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
CR7fan said:
Well this year he has broken into Borussia Dortmund's first team and is always starting for them and as someone already mentioned, he takes most of their set plays and is basically their most creative force alongside Rosicky. He is still too young but when he reaches the age of 20ish I would like to see him at United. He is defientely going to be a huge star. Potentially the most talented player Turkey has ever produced.
That sounds like a tabloid summary, which games did you see him play to come to that opinion?

MUFC187

heightmassive said:
That sounds like a tabloid summary, which games did you see him play to come to that opinion?

Why have you asked that question like 3 times?

H10

Huseyin 10
heightmassive said:
You must be really tired. Can't you see what I type or something? If your wondering why i no a lot about him, it's because as I'm also Turkish I take an interest in the future stars of the Turkey squad.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
CR7fan said:
You must be really tired. Can't you see what I type or something? If your wondering why i no a lot about him, it's because as I'm also Turkish I take an interest in the future stars of the Turkey squad.
Tell you what, I'll keep an eye out for him.

I apologise, I thought you were a nob with a new 'who to watch' player.

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
Yet another "flavour of the month" - just like messy.

I can remember when muppets were creaming themselves silly over van der vaart (especially the Scousers when there was a persistent rumour that he was going to Liverpool). Supposedly "one of the best players in the world with a host of top clubs after him", just like this bloke.

In the end he went to a midtable German side and no one bigger could be arsed to make a bid.

MUFC187

How the feck can you call Messi "just another flavour of the month".

He may make you regret those words in Febuary.

Stamford Bridge

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already mad
MUFC187 said:
How the feck can you call Messi "just another flavour of the month".

He may make you regret those words in Febuary.
Because he is just another flavour of the month?

Like countless other young players touted as the next this and the next that, he'll most likely disappear without a trace after one or two good seasons and wind up playing in some second-rate club.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
Stamford Bridge said:
Because he is just another flavour of the month?

Like countless other young players touted as the next this and the next that, he'll most likely disappear without a trace after one or two good seasons and wind up playing in some second-rate club.
A bit like Robben, then.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
Btw that compilation really is crap. Few clips over and over again, with different graphic effects, whats up with that.

greent

We have as much of a chance to sign him as we do Tevez, Joaquin, Tuncay, Walcott etc.