Official: Anders Lindegaard signs for United

Laphroaig

There have been numerous rumours in the press about the clubs that are interested in me, but some of them are actually spot on. And yes, it is Manchester United. I know the interest from United, for I have heard concrete talk about this, which not only comes from the press. It is very flattering with interest from a great club like Manchester United. Now I will just have to wait and see what happens.

twitter thread suggester
"There have been numerous rumours in the press about the clubs that are interested in me, but some of them are actually spot on. And yes, it is Manchester United. I know the interest from United, for I have heard concrete talk about this, which not only comes from the press. It is very flattering with interest from a great club like Manchester United. Now I will just have to wait and see what happens."
He's now denied having ever said those words.

Devilton

Great. Another value target. I'm sure he'll be able to seamlessly replace one of the great keepers in the world on the back of a few good performances in the mighty danish leagues.

This all seems a bit too familiar though...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Great. Another value target. I'm sure he'll be able to seamlessly replace one of the great keepers in the world on the back of a few good performances in the mighty danish leagues.

This all seems a bit too familiar though..
:lol:

So how many times have you seen him play?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

This all seems a bit too familiar though..
I'm not sure which aspect of your post is more retarded; your assumption that this guy would be signed with a view to immediately becoming our number one keeper or the implication that we couldn't possibly sign a decent keeper from the "mighty Danish leagues". I mean, that's never happened before, has it?

Devilton

:lol:

So how many times have you seen him play?
I need to see him play to know he's a value target? I think the fact he's 26 and hasn't played in a decent league should indicate as much. To answer your question I've only seen him play for Denmark and just 2 matches and a highlight package which showed some of his better moments. (so yeah, not much...or as much as you probably have).

Read his scouting reports and they all basically question what sort of role he will play at a club like United when he's basically still had very little top flight experience.

I really hope this rumor isn't true. There are very few keepers good enough to replace EVS, and I don't think this lad is one of them.

Devilton

I'm not sure which aspect of your post is more retarded; your assumption that this guy would be signed with a view to immediately becoming our number one keeper or the implication that we couldn't possibly sign a decent keeper from the "mighty Danish leagues". I mean, that's never happened before, has it?
Oh, I get it. You've bought into the hype already. The next Schmeichel is he? Well done.

"mighty danish league"...that's right. Quotes doesn't change the fact they are as competitive as the might "Andorran leagues". But please, do go on like you know something.

KM

I need to see him play to know he's a value target? I think the fact he's 26 and hasn't played in a decent league should indicate as much. To answer your question I've only seen him play for Denmark and just 2 matches and a highlight package which showed some of his better moments. (so yeah, not much...or as much as you probably have).

Read his scouting reports and they all basically question what sort of role he will play at a club like United when he's basically still had very little top flight experience.

I really hope this rumor isn't true. There are very few keepers good enough to replace EVS, and I don't think this lad is one of them.
I haven't seen him play at all.
First of all, there is no indication that he's gonna be our first choice keeper straightaway, PIG has been making noises to leave, so it could be that we're looking for a second choice keeper.

Secondly, according to reports of various newspapers, we aren't the only team after him, various other top clubs are after him so this suggests me to that maybe he isn't that bad at all.

I don't also agree about your theory of "Value Target", you were going about in the WC forum that how Hernandez is also a value target, I think so far he has shown that he will be a very good player in the future.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Never played outside the Danish league by the time he was 27.

You'd think the whole Danish thing would help you join the dots. Oh well.

KM

Oh, I get it. You've bought into the hype already. The next Schmeichel is he? Well done.

"mighty danish league"...that's right. Quotes doesn't change the fact they are as competitive as the might "Andorran leagues". But please, do go on like you know something.
He's playing in the Norwegian League for the past year or so, although the standard of Norwegian League isn't that great as compared to the top leagues, it's still a decent enough league.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Eh? What are you going on about now?

I'm simply pointing out that you're talking balls. I've never even watched this guy, so I'm certainly not buying any hype, nor am I calling him the next Schmeicel. I'm just amazed that a United fan can be so retarded as to start slagging off a goalkeeper on the basis that he's never played outside the "mighty Danish leagues".

Devilton

Never played outside the Danish league by the time he was 27.

You'd think the whole Danish thing would help you join the dots. Oh well.
Oh I see. I see...you're saying cause Schmeichel was Danish, and because this fella is Danish, and because we bough Schmeichel when he was playing in Denmark that it's reasonable to expect Anders to be as good.

Sound logic. Makes perfect sense.

Of course....Schmeichel had played over 200 first team games before we bought him. He was voted best keeper in the world at the time we made our move, but lets not get too wrapped up in the details.

Anders is Danish, Schmeichel is Danish...The dots, I can see how it's easy for you to join them. Like I said. Well done.

Devilton

Eh? What are you going on about now?

I'm simply pointing out that you're talking balls. I've never even watched this guy, so I'm certainly not buying any hype, nor am I calling him the next Schmeicel. I'm just amazed that a United fan can be so retarded as to start slagging off a goalkeeper on the basis that he's never played outside the "mighty Danish leagues".
I'm the retard. But you're the one having issues reading. I didn't slag him off. Merely pointed out he's a value purchase. Now if that upsets your delicate sensibilities I just fecking off to a forum where people don't voice an opinion.

Slagging off??! Do you honest know what the feck that means? Check it up and get back to me...

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Oh I see. I see...you're saying cause Schmeichel was Danish, and because this fella is Danish, and because we bough Schmeichel when he was playing in Denmark that it's reasonable to expect Anders to be as good.

Sound logic. Makes perfect sense.

Of course....Schmeichel had played over 200 first team games before we bought him. He was voted best keeper in the world at the time we made our move, but lets not get too wrapped up in the details.

Anders is Danish, Schmeichel is Danish...The dots, I can see how it's easy for you to join them. Like I said. Well done.
I'm the retard. But you're the one having issues reading. I didn't slag him off. Merely pointed out he's a value purchase. Now if that upsets your delicate sensibilities I just fecking off to a forum where people don't voice an opinion.

Slagging off??! Do you honest know what the feck that means? Check it up and get back to me...

stubie

If he is half as good as big Pete, he will have a cracking career. Just because he is still playing in the Danish league it does not make him a bad player.

Edit - Norwegian League

Laphroaig

Muppet logic. Gotta love it.

Devilton: He is in the Danish league(s) so he must be shit.
pillory: He is not in the Dansh league.
Pogue: Schmeichel was in the Danish league.
Devilton: So you're saying he's world class just because Danish.

Stunning.

Devilton

I haven't seen him play at all.
First of all, there is no indication that he's gonna be our first choice keeper straightaway, PIG has been making noises to leave, so it could be that we're looking for a second choice keeper.

Secondly, according to reports of various newspapers, we aren't the only team after him, various other top clubs are after him so this suggests me to that maybe he isn't that bad at all.

I don't also agree about your theory of "Value Target", you were going about in the WC forum that how Hernandez is also a value target, I think so far he has shown that he will be a very good player in the future.
Ok. So you're hoping he replaces PIG, and I'm afraid he will replace EVS. One of us will be right, but at the moment i'd say the odds are 50/50 right? I'm not here to bash you for saying he might be the next Schmeichel. You feel he will, good...for the sake of the club I hope you are right. I'm saying I have my doubts when it comes to Fergie's choice of keepers. I didn't believe Fergie when he said Foster was going to be our #1, or Englands #1 and I do fear who he will pick once the great EVS retires.

This is a transfer forum right? EVERYBODY here is speculating on targets. I don't have a theory on value targets. It's not a theory...it's a reality. I had doubts about Hernandez, but so did a lot of people, and in that thread itself I was surprised at how decent he was. So yeah, unlike some of the infallible 'experts' around here I'm not afraid of raising my hand up and saying I was wrong to pre-judge him.

SecondFig

Ok. So you're hoping he replaces PIG, and I'm afraid he will replace EVS. One of us will be right, but at the moment i'd say the odds are 50/50 right? I'm not here to bash you for saying he might be the next Schmeichel. You feel he will, good...for the sake of the club I hope you are right. I'm saying I have my doubts when it comes to Fergie's choice of keepers. I didn't believe Fergie when he said Foster was going to be our #1, or Englands #1 and I do fear who he will pick once the great EVS retires.

This is a transfer forum right? EVERYBODY here is speculating on targets. I don't have a theory on value targets. It's not a theory...it's a reality. I had doubts about Hernandez, but so did a lot of people, and in that thread itself I was surprised at how decent he was. So yeah, unlike some of the infallible 'experts' around here I'm not afraid of raising my hand up and saying I was wrong to pre-judge him.
Rather than admitting you were wrong, why not wait until you've actually seen enough of a player to judge him? You know, like the professional scouts United employ. That way, you won't have to look like an idiot so often

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has dismissed suggestions that he has been contacted by Manchester United.

The Aalesund goalkeeper has been strongly linked with a move to United, after impressing scouts from the club in recent months,

Some reports suggested that Lindegaard had even open talks with the English giants - but he has now strongly denied this.

"I was shocked," the Denmark international told Sunnmoersposten.

"I have never stated what they claim. I was furious when I read it. I have never talked to Manchester United."

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Danish goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has dismissed suggestions that he has been contacted by Manchester United.

The Aalesund goalkeeper has been strongly linked with a move to United, after impressing scouts from the club in recent months,

Some reports suggested that Lindegaard had even open talks with the English giants - but he has now strongly denied this.

"I have never stated what they claim. I was furious when I read it. I have never talked to Manchester United."
Has your agent though?

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

yeah right. that's a proper insult son, aye?

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
That rbflemma chap on twitter claims that he understands that lindegaard will join united as direct replacement for Vds. If that happens you know we are financially fecked.

dev1l

That rbflemma chap on twitter claims that he understands that lindegaard will join united as direct replacement for Vds. If that happens you know we are financially fecked.
Who is this rbflemma guy? I mean twitter is full of rumours and bullocks, why should we believe this guy?

Amir

Having almost never seen the guy, it's hard to form an opinion. The thing is I'm not really convinced by any of the other keepers we've been linked with. They all can do well, they could also fail. So I'm not too bothered about going for a big name, especially if the money will be spent elsewhere. Which is a big if.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
Anders Lindegaard will probably depart Aalesund as soon as this January, if we opt to sign him then, there are plenty of time finding out if he is a plausible replacement for van der Sar, whom might not even retire this summer. He is the best goalie in Norway, there are no question about that, and he will probably not be that expensive.

Hawkeye

Christ guys give the lad a chance, Remember us signing another Danish Unknown in 1991, who then went on to become one of greats.

Love to hear the big mans opinion on this guy.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
a potential crapper in the De Gea talk....

Twitter

Tor-Kristian Karlsen
man utd in negotiations with aalesund fk over denmark gk, anders lindegaard (26), this afternoon

Laphroaig

VDS will retire. We're probably not likely to go for PIG as our no. 1, and he'll want to go and be first choice somewhere else. We need two keepers then.