Official Car Park (Permit)

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Where is the best spot to park your car around OT? Opinions, please.

By the way, I tried calling the ticket office and they said there's only N4 available at the moment for the Blackburn game. I am a bit sceptical. So, I tried finding online cark park for all the games up until the bolton game in March and guess what, they only have N4 (and one or two have N3 too) available. What about the Es and the Ws? Dont tell me they are fully booked up until March? Is it that they want to fill up the furthest cark parks first? Anyone have any experience on this?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I have no experience in this but I reckon people want to park further away so they can get out of the lots sooner after a match. I do it for TFC matches in Toronto, if I don't get bladdered and take transit to the ground instead.

mswiss

I have no experience in this but I reckon people want to park further away so they can get out of the lots sooner after a match. I do it for TFC matches in Toronto, if I don't get bladdered and take transit to the ground instead.
yea theres a bunch of us that do that for philly union, cause getting out of there can be a nightmare :lol:

just try parking in the spots as close to the exit as possible lol

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Depends on where you're coming in from and how far you're willing to walk.
From Stretford Mall area. I dont mind walking about 10 mins.

Are the 'other' matchday car parks, for example, the ones along Talbot Road, safe?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never used them but I'm sure they will be, we mostly used to park on the other side of the swing bridge, but I'd imagine any match day parking where it's busy will be ok.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
From Stretford Mall area. I dont mind walking about 10 mins.

Are the 'other' matchday car parks, for example, the ones along Talbot Road, safe?
If you're coming from that side then there are a few matchday car parks on Chester Road (the road Stetford Mall is on) - people will have signs waving you into roads on your left.

It costs around £5 and they are all fine.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
If you're coming from that side then there are a few matchday car parks on Chester Road (the road Stetford Mall is on) - people will have signs waving you into roads on your left.

It costs around £5 and they are all fine.
Cheers.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
As said, if you drive up the Chester road you'll find everyone with available land, schools, businesses etc, will have opened up and have geezers in orange jackets beckoning you in.

No problem if it's dry, but if it's wet you're tempted to keep going to the next one so you can get closer - but then they might be full. Good luck.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
As said, if you drive up the Chester road you'll find everyone with available land, schools, businesses etc, will have opened up and have geezers in orange jackets beckoning you in.

No problem if it's dry, but if it's wet you're tempted to keep going to the next one so you can get closer - but then they might be full. Good luck.
Cheers. Do you know which one's the nearest? The ones near the cricket ground maybe?

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Cheers. Do you know which one's the nearest? The ones near the cricket ground maybe?
Nah, I'd much rather go by train then I can drink. If you get there more than an hour before you can drive up and see how close you can get, but any later and the closest ones will be full. Thing is to just follow one of the guys waving you in to their park.

I'm always right

Nah, I'd much rather go by train then I can drink. If you get there more than an hour before you can drive up and see how close you can get, but any later and the closest ones will be full. Thing is to just follow one of the guys waving you in to their park.
Not true, my old fella always rocks up about 10 mins before kick-off and parks in that one near the Blaize, couldn't be closer.