Official: De Gea Signs New 4 (+ 1) year deal

redevil2

Exactly. I was of this opinion yesterday, slightly, but I gave it more thought and actually came to conclusion that this makes no sense whatsoever. Real Madrid would be rightfully pissed off at him because they expected to have him for free next year and he fecked them over with this new contract, he'd not be risking this if his intention was to move to Real Madrid next year. No one is that charitable. He's here to stay for years.
To be honest I won't be 100% optimistic about his future move. But I was teasing that poster because it can easily happen like he said but we fans on a day like this we should focus on being happy and look forward to a year ahead with Dave safe in our goal and not worrying about that kind of eventuality, real or imaginary

Shiva87

Wow! That is brilliant. Bring it on Madrid - deadline day/ cheap deal and all. We won't be messed with. Hope DDG also got a payout from them for failing to complete the move.

Sam

Incredible really :lol:

What a turn around. Just a few days ago he was in Spain, signing a contract with Madrid...and now he's extended his United contract.

Mindhunter

Brilliant, brilliant news!! What a turnaround! Was this all orchestrated?

I am getting drunk over this.

NK86

Incredible really :lol:

What a turn around. Just a few days ago he was in Spain, signing a contract with Madrid...and now he's extended his United contract.
Football. Bloody hell! :D

Sam

Football. Bloody hell! :D
I honestly don't remember anything like it before.

Obviously players have been close to moves, only for it to collapse...but to actually sign a contract with a new club, have the deal fall apart, then a few days later renew with the club you just tried to leave?

Surely this is a first? Its all very surreal.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I'd have been delighted if this was announced a year or two ago but I still reckon he is off next season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he took a pay cut of some sort to keep all parties happy,utd get a decent sales fee and a renegotiated wage with real when he signs with them.

Mindhunter

I honestly don't remember anything like it before.

Obviously players have been close to moves, only for it to collapse...but to actually sign a contract with a new club, have the deal fall apart, then a few days later renew with the club you just tried to leave?

Surely this is a first? Its all very surreal.
Yeah, even after he stitched a fecking suit.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
VICTORY!

Absolutely buzzing. A huge feck you to Real Madrid.

Danillaco

I had to embed this! Gives me goose bumps every time. How much he has improved! The statements from SAF and G. Neville just show how much trust they had in DDG all along.

That Mata save is simply stunning. Just absurdly world class.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With De Gea, Darmian, Smalling and Shaw we have one hell of a backbone in our defence for years. Midfield isn't too shabby either, it's our offensive team that is lacking.

King_Eric

Any English Real Madrid forum that we can invade ?
Check the BigSoccer.com forum. They were acting quite arrogant and twattish during and after the whole deadline day fiasco (or miracle as it turns out).

RedDevil@84

I had to embed this! Gives me goose bumps every time. How much he has improved! The statements from SAF and G. Neville just show how much trust they had in DDG all along.

Hoping that Aditya comes up with another smashing video after this signing.

Danillaco

feck it. I'll say it now before I come back to my senses, We're going to win the league.

RedDevil@84

If the delight and excitement of the fans on this news rubs on to the players tomorrow, we will absolutely smash Liverpool

King_Eric

Don't be so sure.

2008: SAF - "I wouldn't sell that club (Real Madrid) a virus"

2009: Manchester United sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid.
In my opinion, that quote is taken out of context in this case.

To me it always seemed that Ferguson was referring to the ones in power at Real Madrid at that time. Mainly Calderon, who was spouting shit in the media all summer long.

The year after, Calderon was replaced by Perez, who managed to buy Ronaldo.

Edit: Oh, SirAF beat me to it.

AR87

Yes, it's only somewhat strengthening our position, because we'd still be left with the dilemma of not having a top class GK.

So now we'll be able to get some cash for him, that's great. How much? Even if it breaks the transfer record for a GK, what is that, not even 40 million? What do you think 40 million is to Manchester United? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Pocket change, especially when you consider the opportunity cost of losing the guy that is going to be the best GK on the planet for the next decade.

Let me put it another way to you...looking back, if you could give the 80 million back to Madrid and have kept Ronaldo this entire time, would you have? Of course, you'd be insane not to. Because 80 million over the past 6 years is worth absolutely nothing compared to what Ronaldo would've given us over the past 6 years, both on and off the field. Look at the De Gea situation in the same light.
Idk a lot of people here seem to feel that United signing Martial for his fee was crazy spending by the club even though you're right that £40m is nothing for the club. Like I've said, the overall net spending is all that matters and for us to dump a bunch of bloated salary, get DDG back for £200k/week and have a net spend of £43m with only depth at CB and a top class striker (how many of those are there that were available though) not addressed is solid business from the club this summer.

I'd expect right wing, ST, quality CB and a young CM to take over for Carrick and Schweinsteiger long-term to be the main issues addressed next summer.