Official: Solskjær has left his role as manager

Abhi

He leaves us with a better squad and in a better shape then when he joined. Couple of additions and a better manager should be able to get much better performance from the team.

el3mel

Best news I have heard in 2021.

The nightmare is finally over.

What a huge failure of an experiment this has been.

hobbers

Ogden article for ESPN basically saying what we all already knew.

Too nice a guy. Too keen to delegate while being rubbish at delegating. Believed in a coaching staff full of absolute losers (his Cardiff team) and kids' coaches (McKenna and Ramsey).

Imagine telling the club lawyer to phone a player about getting surgery on a chronic injury? Madness.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Apparently the club wanted him to upgrade his coaching staff but he turned it down?

Rustyspider13

Relieved and a little sad that it's over. Thanks for trying Ole. There is no doubt in my mind that he tried his best to succeed, but just wasn't up to the task. We've had some great moments under him but that never translated into a trophy and that's how success is measured. He'll always be associated with the greatest moment in United's history, so the last few terrible months of his tenure will be easily forgotten.

He handled some situations well (shifting Pogba to LM) and some terribly (VdB not getting a chance at all) but overall, he had one giant flaw as a manager. He was too nice and trusted the wrong people. He thought the inexperienced (McKenna, Carrick) and outdated (Phelan) coaching staff would be able to turn it around and some underperforming players (Maguire, McT etc.) would be able to pick themselves up if given time. That never happened. You have to make big decisions as a United manager, regardless of personal feelings. Unfortunately he couldn't do that.

izec

Too nice a guy. Too keen to delegate while being rubbish at delegating. Believed in a coaching staff full of absolute losers (his Cardiff team) and kids' coaches (McKenna and Ramsey).

Imagine telling the club lawyer to phone a player about getting surgery on a chronic injury? Madness.
What is that last thing about?

hobbers

What is that last thing about?
From Ogden's article:

One player, meanwhile, was surprised to get a call from United's chief negotiator Matt Judge to discuss whether to have an operation to correct an ongoing injury. Asked why Solskjaer was not the one making the call, Judge said it had been delegated because it might be a "difficult conversation."

Jacko21

Would've loved nothing more than for Ole to be the man to return us to the top table. I hoped he could grow with these players, rather than be outgrown.

Unlike some, I've never felt the need to belittle, abuse or insult him. His best just wasn't good enough.

I despair at our owners/board. There's every chance this gets worse before it gets better. The sobering reality is that we're relying on our key decision makers to stumble upon a winning solution - something they've failed to do for 8 years and counting.

I don't know why the last couple of months unraveled the way they did. But notwithstanding the undeniable low points, I've felt more connected to this club with Ole at the helm that any other point since Sir Alex retired.

Scottynaldinho

Had to be removed but this feels different from past sackings. Can't lie, I shed a few tears when I saw the news. He is and will always remain an absolute legend for this club without a shadow of a doubt.

USREDEVIL

Finally put him out of his, and our, misery. My God this has been allowed to rot. No chance at the title, top 4 going to be tough, and the players' confidence must be on the floor. Better late than never i guess. I didn't want Conte so not fussed about that. Make everyone happy and get Ten Hag during the summer.

alexthelion

Party time. He was backed more than any Utd manager in history, and everything he touched turned to crap. He was despicable by the end. I couldn't bare to see his face.

The countless humiliations, mocked by the whole country, alienating all of the squad players by promising game time so they don't leave then refusing to give a single chance, refusal to change anything, chasing Sancho for 2 years then had no clue how to use him, McFred, instantly giving Maguire the captaincy...

3 years on, he's left us in an even worse position than when he came in, with nothing to show for it at all. I wouldn't wish his management on my worst enemy. Absolutely horrific manager.
Wow! What a load of shit this post is :mad:

United in sin

Why should he have? The coaching staff is already world class ;)
Goes to show how clueless he was. McKenna was probably sitting in his office and making key decisions like hiring his inexperienced 28 year old college buddy as set pieces coach. World class staff indeed!

Wow! What a load of shit this post is :mad:
The truth hurts doesn't it? The tone is harsh maybe but the post is factual

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

So what was he earning all that money for? Other people were doing his job.

Jibbs

A stitch in time saves nine, never rang truer.
In our case 9 fecking seasons. 3 seasons wasted with an incompetent manager simply based on nostalgia of that one tap in goal. Obnoxious and hilarious. Not even football federations of third world countries operate like this.

alexthelion

Please, please, please stop this nauseating legend nonsense.
This morbid sentimentality, this 'United Way', this ' We're not a sacking club' (!) drivel has been holding the club back for years.
All the OGS fanboys know this: if he had scored the winning goal in a Champions League final for another club, he would never have got within a million miles of managing Manchester United with his managerial record.
Getting Cardiff relegated? Get real.

The club is a laughing stock. My MCFC acquaintances don't even bother taking the p**s - that's how low this club has sunk.
Certainly living up to your name.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Goes to show how clueless he was. McKenna was probably sitting in his office and making key decisions like hiring his inexperienced 28 year old college buddy as set pieces coach. World class staff indeed!

Our set piece guy 28y is old? Let me guess, he's also British?

lsd

The Oracle
I wonder how these sackings happen in football?

Does Ed call Ole into his office and give him some small talk before pressing the button for security to throw him out Me Burns style or push a button doing him through a hole in the floor?

alexthelion

Truth?

It's just a nasty personal attack on Ole and is factually incorrect.

Enigma_87

You know who
From Ogden's article:

One player, meanwhile, was surprised to get a call from United's chief negotiator Matt Judge to discuss whether to have an operation to correct an ongoing injury. Asked why Solskjaer was not the one making the call, Judge said it had been delegated because it might be a "difficult conversation."
just wow.

Judas

Open to offers
From Ogden's article:

Surely bollocks, that's ridiculously weak.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

That would explain how we have 30 senior players on the books. Maybe he's not some paranoid hoarder that wants 5 players per position, but he's just afraid to have bad news conversations and just tells all the players he believes in them and they will play?

Mad that we've had someone so lacking in basic leadership as our manager for 3 years.

"He's a good man" my left tit, when he's unnecessarily wasting careers of players because he's a coward.

stevoc

He'd taken this team as far as he could and he had to go but he's left the squad in a far better state than he found it.

Wish him well for the future.

Legend.

grumpyoldgit

Yes pal but you didn't say it's untrue.
And your take is? So many posters on here are utterly delusional.

Ixion

I honestly cant think of another manager getting the sack and also the chance to give a farewell interview.

Paul778

I was hoping he'd turn it around but I read this earlier (can't remember the source)

The United hierarchy were aware of the limitations of the coaching setup and repeatedly offered Solskjaer the chance to make changes to it, but the Norwegian believed that his backroom team were 'world class'.
If (big if) this is actually true then ultimately he was never going to fix things. So many of the guys in his backroom are learning on the job - such a limited world view.

It smacks me of a man who didn't want to bring anyone else into the club in a senior role who show him up and/or challenge him.