Old Trafford

Shaft

i went to Milan for the bank holiday weekend. Not surprisingly the first place i visited was San Siro. they have stadium tour and musem there just like us. two big differences though... the musem and the tour was for two teams (inter and ac) rather than just one... but more importantly their museum is really shite compared to ours...

what i can say confidently though... is that our stadium is so much more beautiful than theirs... san siro is bigger but bloody hell its fecking dirty and it looks like a factory from outside! to be honest i expected a lot more... was not impressed at all...

old trafford is so much better and i am so grateful that it is home of my team!!
the only other stadium which could be a stadium to match old trafford is probably camp nou (barca)... i will go there one day to see... i doubt it will be as pretty as OT though... size is not everything!

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
San Siro needs a make over. It's a fantastic stadium, but it's not been touched since 1990. The seats could do with replacing for starters.

Looking Busy

giggzy said:
San Siro needs a make over. It's a fantastic stadium, but it's not been touched since 1990. The seats could do with replacing for starters.
I agree. Every stadium needs a make-over from time to time and especially given the usage the San Siro gets compared to other stadiums

Big Andy

Bloke
26 may 1999 said:
I wasn't impressed with the concrete bowl that is Madrids stadium...

That and the fact that I couldn't get in.
passed out in a bar again were we?

The Wizard

Shaft said:
The only other stadium which could be a stadium to match old trafford is probably camp nou (barca)... i will go there one day to see... i doubt it will be as pretty as OT though... size is not everything!
I can tell you right now...

I was there last year on holiday, and of course the first place I went to see was the stadium. It’s not too bad overall I suppose, it’s old and kind of dirty looking from the outside… On in the inside it’s not so good, the dressing rooms are old and nowhere near as good as at OT.

However when you are out on the pitch the stadium/arena looks great from the inside, no complaints there. No roofing really (if it rains, but it’s Barca!) and some of the seating looks a bit dodgy comfort wise.

I think we can be very proud of out stadium. It’s essentially a brand new stadium, barring the south stand. In general I feel the English stadiums are the best in the world. Maybe the US one's are better? What do the American lads on here think?

fadas

Knowing our ground is better more than makes up for them knocking us out of the CL imo.

Best ground in Europe!
We've got the best ground in Europe!

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
I was at the Nou Camp two years ago and its gigantic. Not the highest of standards in the stands but it was okey. The musem was excellent.

Looking Busy

wancolos said:
I was at the Nou Camp two years ago and its gigantic. Not the highest of standards in the stands but it was okey. The musem was excellent.
I'm going to Barcelona in October for a long weekend with the missus. Really hope there is a game on at the Nou Camp

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
The Nou Camp and it's facilities are excellent. Perhaps even better than ours, which are world class. The museum is amazing and full of football and social heritage, and the ground, the pitch and the media facilities are exceptional and the overall decor inside is very plush and classy. The whole facility oozes gravitas and tradition. Granted the changing rooms are dated, but I spoke the tour guide last time I visited in January, and he said the club is going to introduce state-of-the-art revamped dressing rooms later this year.

fadas

Groundside, I think you better switch sarcas-o-meter there.

You're as wide of the mark as a Cisse attempt from the edge of the box.

madmax1968

fadas said:
Groundside, I think you better switch sarcas-o-meter there.

You're as wide of the mark as a Cisse attempt from the edge of the box.
I would rather United were playing at Maine Road and in the Champions League Final than "having a stadium to be proud of ". The results on the pitch count not how nice the stadium is.

redfromcanada

Having been to various stadia in the US, Mexico and Europe, I have to admit that OT is one of the top three stadia in terms of sightlines, facilities and overall image and atmosphere. I was at the Nou Camp back in late '98 and while it is a gigantic stadium, it didn't impress me as much as some of the others that I've been in. That being said, I've heard that improvements were made to the stadium since I was there. The top three stadia that I've been in include Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia where United played last summer in their US tour and the Amsterdam Arena. I haven't been to the Millenium yet in Cardiff and am eagerly awaiting to see the new Wembley when it is built.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
The Nou Camp is a belter alright, I've seen a few matches there.

To be honest, for sheer theatre, it's better when Barca lose. The fans don't take it well at all.