Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

I’ve always said this and I’ll say it again - he inherited a very unbalanced and mentally weak squad. He has methodically gone about bringing our spirit back internally, by buying leaders and people of great character and ridding the team of those that don’t have that. He’s also transformed the work ethic of some of the younger players that were starting to fall in that category too.

Its still a work in progress and there will be road bumps again but I think this team, with the addition of Rashford (and a motivated Pogba?) is the best with had post SAF. We really aren’t that far away - 2 to 3 good players on top of this and we’ll be competing IMO

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The suggestion that he’s some sort of tactical moron always has and still remains complete and utter nonsense.

He’s had to play Championship footballers at #10 all season and the difference a good midfielder has made to our ability to create chances is massive.

I say it regularly, but success or no success, we’ll look back at Ole’s time here and thank him for fixing Mourinho‘s mess.
It never made sense considering our record against big 6.

AshRK

He definitely deserves more respect. All the nonsense of how he is a PE teacher who doesn't know a thing about management is ridiculous. The guy with better players could actually do even better.

The best part is he is eliminating all the deadwoods or at least benching them. Good job overall

mu4c_20le

He was right to fix the defence last summer, even if it was very expensive. Great teams are built from the back, even Klopp admits this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Also in last 10 games we have scored 24 goals and conceded only 2. Those 2 goals are blunders from GKs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Said it last summer that I loved what he was doing with the squad and all the decisions he was making. We should've signed Bruno last summer, not sure what the reason for holding back on that was but all the squad building decisions he's made have been spot on. And I love the attitude and chemistry he has brought from the squad. Some complain about the style, but I think we're very enjoyable to watch tbh. There's nothing wrong with playing a counter attacking style, so long as you actually do it to create chances (and you manage to do it). Love the directness and the pace we play with, the squad just needs a bit more patience for the young players to mature, bring in that extra pieces to the puzzle (like a right winger - Sancho), and it'll be a whole new story next season.

I'm not sure if he'll ever reach a title winning level regardless of squad, but I love the way we're doing everything so I hope we keep him. Everything about this season is so much more enjoyable than most of the previous years since Fergie left.

Jonno

If people don’t see the plan now, then it’s beyond me.

This is a multiple-season re-build. The strategy is correct, they’re buying the right players, they’re getting rid of the right players, we’re developing an exciting style of play, and we can win ugly.

The next step is a world class RW.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Credit where credit is due, he got this game absolutely spot on and it's been a long time since I was so happy with a win.

He definitely deserves more respect. All the nonsense of how he is a PE teacher who doesn't know a thing about management is ridiculous. The guy with better players could actually do even better.

The best part is he is eliminating all the deadwoods or at least benching them. Good job overall
You earn respect in this game, and since fixing the mistakes of the Summer in January, he's clearly earning it in bucketloads. Plenty of people here are eating humble pie and showing him respect for the past 6 weeks.

AneRu

I never believed that he'd turn the ship around after that lousy run of games where we lost at West Ham and Newcastle but I will hold my hand up and admit that he has. The decisions on the squad and the man management has been brilliant.

He has also salvaged players like Fred and Matic from the scrapheap into formidable and reliable first team players. Fred, Shaw, Matic and Bailly returning to form lesson the amount of work we need to do in the summer.

The United

You earn respect in this game, and since fixing the mistakes of the Summer in January, he's clearly earning it in bucketloads. Plenty of people here are eating humble pie and showing him respect for the past 6 weeks.
Doubt it was him who decided not to bring a No 10 in the summer.

The United

Good set up today and tactics. Only thing I could criticise him for was how long he waits to make a sub or change when we start to get battered.
In this match, I think he was waiting to see if Shaw would be ok. IMO, he intended to bring Ighalo early.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've expressed my doubts over him being the right man in charge, but I'd love to be wrong. Love him regardless.

Doubt it was him who decided not to bring a No 10 in the summer.
Well he went to watch Bruno in January and mentioned he realised how good he was after seeing him live, so maybe he and Phelan were part of the reason we waited. Who knows?

Either way, it was a mistake by the entire team in the Summer and we suffered for it. But they are learning and earning respect the only way you can in this game.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It never made sense considering our record against big 6.
The reason people say it, rightly or wrongly is because we have and do struggle against the low block teams.

That’s Oles big challenge still, and I really hope we can do that and win the games against stubborn defences.

The United

Well he went to watch Bruno in January and mentioned he realised how good he was after seeing him live, so maybe he and Phelan were part of the reason we waited. Who knows?

Either way, it was a mistake by the entire team in the Summer and we suffered for it. But they are learning and earning respect the only way you can in this game.
They were going for the other guy from Juventus thinking they exchange with Lukaku. I think Ed just didn't want to spend cash at that point.

el3mel

Fair feck to him. We look like a different team now than what we were previously. Bruno signing elevated the team to a new level. May long it continue.

El Zoido

I’ve been “Ole in” for most of the season, I really think he’s doing a good job. It’s a long term job, but tactically he’s massively underrated. Just look at his results against the top six since he took over, you cannot deny it’s impressive. I’ve always said it’s better to be struggling against “lower” teams and beating good teams, than beating bottom half teams then losing to top teams (ie. Moyes). We have to back him, his signing have been good and it’s all coming together.

The United

It's all guesswork though eh? Ed doesn't ever seem to have issues spending cash when the recruitment team and manager are in agreement on a player, we splash lots of cash as a club.
Of course it is but the noises coming lately have said that we had to pay cash for both defenders up front. So, it makes sense. Ed does have issue with taking forever to spend cash though. Just look at the eventual signing of Bruno in Jan where the manager was giving a hint to us that we had to sign someone.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If he left today he’d leave the club in a far bette position than when he started.

But he’s not going anywhere. Nor should he.

Got rid of some shit and brought in some good players.Excited for the next window - Glazer permitting.

Dve

If there is anything in that paper story following the summer, it was down to the scouting department being of the opinion that Fernandes too often lost the ball in dangerous positions. If so, even more credit to Ole and Phelan for going there, seeing him play, then ask the scouting dep. to f.o.

Gasolin

If there is anything in that paper story following the summer, it was down to the scouting department being of the opinion that Fernandes too often lost the ball in dangerous positions. If so, even more credit to Ole and Phelan for going there, seeing him play, then ask the scouting dep. to f.o.
I think the scouting team is right, but Ole and Phelan decided to still go for Bruno because they decided they could help him with players like Fred and Matic to counter press more effectively, same with James, Rashford to a certain extend, etc... so basically, we give him freedom, but we ask the team to defend. The reason? It's because in my mind Bruno loses the ball often only because he tries to create so we let him create and if it doesn't work, we get the ball back by counter pressing.

I am glad Ole decided to use Bruno's weakness and turn it as an advantage.

el3mel

Keep such performance and results for the next 2 months and I will definitely be more than welcome for him to stay. We look like a different beast now. Can't believe the effect Bruno had on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.